Everything posted by OutlawJoseyWales
-
I think Russell and Belfry are the favorites in 2a!
Isn't Mercer slated for 5A next year?
-
Belfry vs. Sheldon Clark
Why did SC have so much trouble with P-burg??
-
Interesting Belfry Stat
Don't judge the BHS fans by the few you stood around. The vast majority of Belfry's fan base are just good, down home folks who love Belfry Football. Win with class and lose with class. You've got those "let's fight" nuts everywhere.....even at Russell. :D
-
Belfry vs. Sheldon Clark
Pretty decent game up to halftime. Belfry will put it away by the end of 3rd qtr. Belfry 35 SC 12
-
Pikeville: 1A Sleeper?
Just for clarification...you are referring to the 1A teams...correct??
-
Interesting Belfry Stat
Very impressive. Great research.
-
Sheldon Clark/ Shelby Valley Update
It should be a good one. However, the way Belfry has dominated the P-burg game...if we keep our heads and limit the turnovers...we should win going away.
-
Sheldon Clark/ Shelby Valley Update
If the Belfry games holds....that halftime score does not bode well for SC.
-
Belfry/Prestonsburg Updates
Thanks.
-
Belfry/Prestonsburg Updates
More fumbles:cry: I'm stuck in the office..I really appreciate the updates. OJW
-
The Tony Franklin Offense and Self-Help Series
Belfry beat Tony's system..back to back...E-town in 2003 and O-boro Cath in 2004. Don't get me wrong..that style is very exciting. You're going to score alot of points and win alot of games. But you still got to have a defense...and more times than not...to win championships...you've got to be able to run the football. Neither E-town nor O-boro Cath could effectively run the football...and defensively they couldn't stop Belfry's running game...... IMO, you've got to be able to churn out yards via the ground game...especially at the HS level.
-
Prestonsburg vs. Belfry
I can see it from a travel standpoint...I guess. Any chance the BOE had a hand in keeping the game?? From a competition standpoint..I just can't see it. I would much rather have a P-burg on the schedule....win or lose. Have you heard who the other non-district foes will be next year?? Just curious. Thanks, OJW
-
Prestonsburg vs. Belfry
Based on the info in this thread...I would guess Shelby Valley. My question is why would Belfry want to continue the series if not mandated by district play?
-
Shelby Valley vs. Sheldon Clark
No surprises here. IMO, Sheldon Clark will roll.... SC 48 SV 14
-
Mercer Titans at North Oldham
Should be a bench clearer for Mercer.
-
Prestonsburg vs. Belfry
IMO, this is a huge game for both teams. Really interested to see how this one shakes out. P-Burg will need to neutralize the May kid (FB) and limit the big play. Belfry's offense and defense need tightening up some. Should be a close ...but I believe Belfry will respond with a victory. Belfry 35 P-Burg 18
-
This weeks High School AP
That's just about the boldest statement I've read:D I, for one would like to see JC play those teams. It would be very interesting.
-
2A State Champions
IMO, Belfry may be a year away. They're very young and still developing. They would have to get a few good breaks along the way. It's possible..but I think Russell and Mercer are the favorites.
-
2A State Champions
Shelby Valley is not a contender. P-Burg and Sheldon Clark join Belfry as "favorites".
-
2A State Champions
No doubt....Mercer should be the prohibitive favorite in 2A. Second in line should be Russell. After that....It's probably a crap shoot
-
Belfry 24 Pikeville 20
Initially, I thought he was a Panther supporter...thanks for the clarification. BTW...nice victory over SC.
-
Belfry 24 Pikeville 20
And your point is....????
-
Lex Cath 45 Harrison County 7 Suspended
Barr won't have alot of say so in that decision. That should/will be up to Graham, Mac Whitaker and Supt. Woodward
-
Belfry 24 Pikeville 20
Since Belfry's isn't your team...and I presume Pikeville is....give your kids some credit...they deserve it.
-
Prestonsburg 20 Sheldon Clark 17
You can't simply judge a team by scoring margins and impressive wins. IMO, You judge a team and it's coaching staff by the adjustments in lineup, gameplan strategies, and demeanor. Certainly, you've got to get W's....but you've got to understand that Haywood knows that he's not preparing his team for a "100 yard dash...but for a 26 mile marathon". Most competent observers will tell you this....Belfry is not nearly as good as the 2003 and 2004 teams. They don't have the same quick strike ability as last year's team. This team may very well be a work in progress right into the playoffs. You've had adjustments made at QB, DT, NG and CB. Anytime you see lineup changes (not being brought on by injury) midseason....you're dealing with a work in progress. No.. victories over E Ridge and Magoffin aren't going to impress anyone...but there's so much more that goes into preparing a team from an emotional, physical and mental standpoint. I guess that's why I took offense at your statement. Believe it or not, this team is getting better. Will they be good enough to win the district or region or somehow find their way to Louisville.....it's anyone's guess. I don't think they're the best in 2A...but from a coaching standpoint....they're hard to beat. BTW...Johnson Central probably made the single best decision they could have in hiring Matney (a Belfry player and asst coach:thumb: ). In time, IMO, you guys will find your way to Louisville.:thumb: And Belfry fans everywhere will be in your corner.