Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry vs. Sheldon Clark

Who will win this big matcup. 69 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win this big matcup.

    • Belfry by 6 or less!
      5%
      4
    • Belfry by 7 or more!
      78%
      54
    • Sheldon Clark by 6 or less!
      8%
      6
    • Sheldon Clark by 7 or more!
      7%
      5

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This is the game alot of people have been waiting for, This game will pretty much decide the district championship, and I am interested to hear opinions and predictions on this game.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheldon Clark - 19

Belfry - 15

Belfry has a definitive advantage up front on the line and should dominate.

 

 

Belfry is much deeper than SC and much more athletic at the skill positions.

 

 

Belfry has the mental edge on SC, having owned the Cardinals since their drop to 2A.

 

 

Pburg defeated SC... Belfry demolished Pburg.

 

 

Just looking at it on paper the Pirates should walk away with this one........

 

 

 

THUS, I AM SCARED TO DEATH! Belfry is walking into a Hornet's nest Friday against a team with nothing to lose and a history of pulling the upset. SC is gritty, well coached, capable of chewing up the clock, and VERY opportunistic in forcing turnovers.

 

If Belfry doesn't come in focused and fired up we will watch the Cards walk away victorious.

As much as I'd like to see a good game, it ain't gonna happen. SC will hang early, but Belfry is.....well, Belfry.

48-7, the Pirates are just too much for the Cards.

 

Good luck both teams, and I hope it's an injury free game!

Belfry should wear them down and then pull away.

Belfry has a definitive advantage up front on the line and should dominate.

 

 

Belfry is much deeper than SC and much more athletic at the skill positions.

 

 

Belfry has the mental edge on SC, having owned the Cardinals since their drop to 2A.

 

 

Pburg defeated SC... Belfry demolished Pburg.

 

 

Just looking at it on paper the Pirates should walk away with this one........

 

 

 

THUS, I AM SCARED TO DEATH! Belfry is walking into a Hornet's nest Friday against a team with nothing to lose and a history of pulling the upset. SC is gritty, well coached, capable of chewing up the clock, and VERY opportunistic in forcing turnovers.

 

If Belfry doesn't come in focused and fired up we will watch the Cards walk away victorious.

I agree with you on your points other than the skill positions, I give that edge to the cards

I agree with you on your points other than the skill positions, I give that edge to the cards

Dials is a great back, dont get me wrong... but we are talking about quite possibly the best backfield in 2A with May, Chapman, and Epling... as well as Andrew Elkins who is one of the better true option QB's you will find in 2A as well.

 

Of any of the points I made I feel the safest saying Belfry has more talent at the skill positions... heck a backfield of Ivan Lee, Phillip Hickman, and Heath Varney would make most 2A teams in the state very very happy!

Yeah alot of people look at our skill position and see no Maynard, Jones or Howard and they think were weak there but Im telling you our skill players has carried us this year early when the line struggled. Chapman and Epling both have break away speed and are hard to handle. May also runs very hard and will run over you. Ask any team we played these backs are tuff. Dials is a great back but overall Belfry has more talent there. Also having Elkins in there who throws a nice pass is excellent because he can keep the D from stacking the box plus opening up the running game.

Hard thing about this team is I have seen teams focus on our speed guys and try to shut them down and May simpy kill them. And if you commit to trying to stop May then we will let you have a shot at him a time or two and run that counter and its all over.

I think Belfry is better than SC but SC wont say that and wont roll over because we are Belfry and they shouldnt. But I do think the game is 2 or 3 TD's at half and we pull away in the second half and put the game away. It will defintley be a fun atmosphere Friday night and all of Belfry has nothing but respect for what Shawn Hager has done at SC. You guys have a great coach and a good guy.

If SC has no answer for #20 ... Belfry - the red army wins going away ... I watched the playoff game from last year .... Belfry wins

Yeah alot of people look at our skill position and see no Maynard, Jones or Howard and they think were weak there but Im telling you our skill players has carried us this year early when the line struggled. Chapman and Epling both have break away speed and are hard to handle. May also runs very hard and will run over you. Ask any team we played these backs are tuff. Dials is a great back but overall Belfry has more talent there. Also having Elkins in there who throws a nice pass is excellent because he can keep the D from stacking the box plus opening up the running game.

Hard thing about this team is I have seen teams focus on our speed guys and try to shut them down and May simpy kill them. And if you commit to trying to stop May then we will let you have a shot at him a time or two and run that counter and its all over.

I think Belfry is better than SC but SC wont say that and wont roll over because we are Belfry and they shouldnt. But I do think the game is 2 or 3 TD's at half and we pull away in the second half and put the game away. It will defintley be a fun atmosphere Friday night and all of Belfry has nothing but respect for what Shawn Hager has done at SC. You guys have a great coach and a good guy.

I agree that Belfry has none of the speed that they have had in the past but everyone looks at Sheldon Clark and thinks ahh. Dials is there only player and granted he is our most dangerous but they have few more that will hurt you on any given play. But as I sit here watching Belfry film, we will have to play a near flawless game to even contend Friday.

I agree that Belfry has none of the speed that they have had in the past but everyone looks at Sheldon Clark and thinks ahh. Dials is there only player and granted he is our most dangerous but they have few more that will hurt you on any given play. But as I sit here watching Belfry film, we will have to play a near flawless game to even contend Friday.

I know SC has more weapons than Dials. They are a good football team. I just feel that Belfry has a bit more depth and talent. No offense taken to SC fans because I along with the rest of Belfry have alot of respect for you guys. Friday night will be a two pretty good power teams. One thing I think will cause a problem for SC is our speed on D. Belfrys Dline is small and you think when you see them wow they arent big but they are very fast and strong and they do a great job of getting to the ball. When your linebackers step up and fill the holes like they should then we are tuff on run D. And I for one have thought our pass D isnt to bad this year.

What is the status on McCoy? I think he is regarded as probably our best lineman and he has been out a couple of weeks. We could use him this week, but I don't know if he is healthy.

 

Speaking of line play, that is the one area that I thought SC might have the edge. I could see them sitting back there, letting Dials run behind that big line and being happy just to bust off 4-5 yards a carry and play keep away from Belfry. They did that in the first matchup last year and it worked very well for the bigger part of the game.

I've seen em both and Belfry will roll---this game won't be that close....4 td's or more.

Look for Sutherland to have a big game. As good as Hickman is, I expect to see a little more size substituted against the stocky Sheldon Clark offensive front.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.