Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Prestonsburg vs. Belfry

Featured Replies

I'll post later...just thought we ought to get this started.

 

:D

  • Replies 70
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pirates easily win this one.

 

Pirates 45

Blackcats 12

Belfry - 41

Prestonsburg - 19

Prediction only for now. I prefer to let some discussion occur before jumping into the fray.

 

Belfry makes is 7 in a row vs the Blackcats.

 

Belfry 34

Prestonsburg 14

Prestonsburg is coming on at the right time, but will not have enough to beat Belfry. Belfry 35 - Prestonsburg 21

Changed my mind. I will say this. Last year Matt Maynard got loose early and showed Prestonsburg they simply couldn't compete.

 

This year, no Maynard, Jones, or Howard in the backfield for Belfry. I think Chapman is certainly capable of making big plays for Belfry (as he did against Pikeville) but the big play doesn't come quite as easy for this years Pirate team.

 

If Chapman or Epling get loose early and Belfry can jump out to an early 2td lead, Prestonsburg "might" get it in their heads "here we go again."

 

Comparing common opponents, Belfry is +20 on Pikeville over the Cats, and +17 on Ashland.

 

Could easily be closer than my prior prediction, but I feel good about 3 tds.

 

Go Pirates! This is big boys. Keep the foot down!

My prediction is Belfry by 3 TD's,that is if they have no turnovers and maybe force the Blackcats to turn the ball over a couple of times..

This game will be much closer than what people think. The common opposition which can be compared is from the season's start and before Pburg's best ball. I honestly the feel the Blackcats are improving much quicker than Belfry at this point in the season.

 

But, with that being said it is important to consider that Belfry was at least 5 TD's better than the Blackcats last season, and at season's start I feel the Pirates were at least 5 TD's better as well. The fact that it is a rivalry is good enough to bring the score closer as well.

 

Deeper thoughts to come, but for now:

Pirates 28

Blackcats 14

I'm in the same ballpark as you orisonspi.

 

This is one the Pirates had better not overlook.

Belfry 35-13.

IMO, this is a huge game for both teams. Really interested to see how this one shakes out. P-Burg will need to neutralize the May kid (FB) and limit the big play. Belfry's offense and defense need tightening up some. Should be a close ...but I believe Belfry will respond with a victory.

 

Belfry 35

P-Burg 18

This should be a better game than most think. District championship is on the line and home field advantage at stake. Not to mention the pride and bragging rights up for grabs. Belfry has owned this series the last few years, winning 6 in a row.

 

 

And while we're talking about it, is this year the last year for this rivalry for a while? :cool:

This should be a better game than most think. District championship is on the line and home field advantage at stake. Not to mention the pride and bragging rights up for grabs. Belfry has owned this series the last few years, winning 6 in a row.

 

 

And while we're talking about it, is this year the last year for this rivalry for a while? :cool:

 

I agree and I think it will be a good game as well, but Belfry needs to work a few kinks out thats for sure. Thier special teams defense was horrible against PC, and Belfry needs more intensity IMO, they don't seem to always play with emotion, I would love to see more intensity, especially on the defensive side of the ball, I know for a fact that Belfry can do better then they are right now and they need to get tier act together before Oct. 13th rolls around, lets hope thier not looking ahead to SC and that this game gets them better prepared for the game the week after.

I agree that Belfry had better be ready for this game, any team could win on any given night, depending on how they play. I still feel that Belfry will come out the winner in this match up, but you have to be ready with the blocking and the covering of your QB.

Belfry - 35

P-Burg - 21

And while we're talking about it, is this year the last year for this rivalry for a while? :cool:

Notice I removed the part of your quote about 6 in a row....:D :lol:...... I have heard that the rivalry is over after this one.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.