Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A State Champions

Featured Replies

Who is the favorite and who in class 2A is a dark horse?

  • Replies 104
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite - Mercer Co.

Darkhorse - Caldwell Co.

  • Author

Favorite would have to be Mercer Co. although they are a 5A school playin in class 2A they should win it. The dark horse would have to be in my eyes Breathitt County. They get better and better as the year goes on. They only have 4 seniors but the young team looks good.

Mercer Co. or Louisville Western.

Russell seems to be as good as last year. But, Western is #2 and nobody talks about them much. I think Western and Mercer are on a collision course. I think they would meet in the 3rd week of the playoffs if they both make it to that point. That would be a good one.

Mercer is my clear favorite

Out west I do not see anyone as good as they have been so far and I think the same can be said out east

Western does present a ? for me, I dont know much about them but they appear to be a real contender

I would not count out O'Cath or Russell just yet........even Belfry for that matter

I would not count out O'Cath or Russell just yet........even Belfry for that matter

 

 

No way. That's not going to happen. Overlooking those 3 that is. I know Trigg lost friday. Are they legit? They moved up in the rankings quickly and I wondered how much the field conditions bothered their play friday night.

I would worry more about Russell and Belfry than anyone else right now. 3 state championships in the last 3 years. You can't possibly overlook them.

 

OC is 2-4 right now. Not having a stellar year so far. Russell is 4-1 and Belfry is 5-1 with both teams losses coming from AAA Ashland. Russell is looking at a possible 9-1 season as it stands now. I can't speak for Belfry because I know nothing of their district. But I suspect they will at least go 8-2.

fav= Mercer

darkhorse= Breathitt

Belfry or Russell, the winner of these 2 in the state semi-final game will win state.

Belfry or Russell, the winner of these 2 in the state semi-final game will win state.

 

Your living an illusion or just plain talking with your heart if you dont think Mercer isnt in the mix as the favorite

Given the track record of the Eastern Semi-State as owning the western in the state finals then I have to agree with xyience to some degree... BUT

 

Just as with Bardstown in 2001, Mercer is proving to be that one dominant team that comes along that presents itself as the clear cut favorite...

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.