Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A State Champions

Featured Replies

That is your opinion. What makes Ashland so much better now? What was the Ashland experiment? How to get beat by a middle of the pack class A team? You would think that at some point in that game they would have aborted the experiment and took care of business. That is not even close to a good excuse for that embarrasing loss. That's like Mercer losing to Casey Co. Mercer let Casey score on a 85 yard drive to cut the lead to 13-6 friday night. Mercer could have kept on playing that way and would have probably been in trouble. But, they aborted whatever experiment they were working on and scored 4 Td's in the next 7 minutes. I would say that Ashland did overlook Raceland but by the time they realized this, it was too late. A good team will figure out early if they underestimated an opponent and make the necessary adjustments. Prime example from saturday night with UK and FLA. You got a special calculator to come up with 20 times better? Did that come with your ESPN the magazine subscription? I think Mercer has improved alot since LCA. They have rushed for over 1800 yards since the LCA game. Sorry for the jabs but I don't like to be called ignorant for the way I think. Like I said, that was the only comparison we had between Mercer,Russell,and Belfry and it means nothing when it comes to who is really the better team.

 

 

 

You would just have to see them then and now. They were experimenting withplayers in different positions and now they have them in the right position. But you go ahead and doubt this, I hope you do. Just ask anyone from this area about Ashland then and now. "What I'd say is Ashland....." well I was there I know what happen and sometimes the better team looses. It's called an upset. And whether you believe me or not, well I really hope you don't. And I never called you ignorant, I said thinking that certain way was ignorant. Being called ignorant is not an insult because ignorant simply means "not knowing", it doesn't mean stupid or dumb. Think the way you want, it's your opinion but to try to tell someone about games and teams you've never seen is ignorance. I'm done with you!!!!! Back to topic !!!!!!!!

  • Replies 104
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your theory is crazy. Whatever you say, you could not look me in the eye and tell me it's fair. Mercer did have a good team last year and probably would have been good this year regardless but to be able to add 20 players from another school is a HUGE advantage, even if you get 10 quality players from that bunch. IT'S A HUGE ADVANTAGE!!!! Especially for a 2A school. I can't even see why your trying to justify it. If it were me, "I'd say sorry everyone, we've found a loophole in the KHSAA rules and we're taking advantage of it"...... At least they'd say I was honest about it. You prove evryone's point in the last 2 sentences of your thread when you said "....everybody that starts this season started last at either Mercer or Harrodsburg" EXACTLY!!!!!!! If Belfry or Russell had joined up with any 1A school and were allowed to play in 2A, you'd be yelling foul also. So, just call it for what it is.

 

Don't bother, I already tried. His point is that they didn't get to pick from the 900 students, they simply replaced their graduates from the Harrodsburg kids. He doesn't seem to understand that if they didn't have 900 kids in their school that they wouldn't be able to replace their starters with another varsity football team and they'd have to rely on freshman like every other 2A school. I tried to make the point that if they wanted to be on an even field they would either: compete in 3A against Highlands in their enrollment or play without any of the Harrodsburg kids but all I got was that they only added a few players. The thing is though they're playing by the rules, Mercer didn't ask to be a 2A school this year but they were judged to be so. It isn't their fault, I just wish their fans wouldn't get upset when their advantage is pointed out. What does bother me though is when someone starts a thread, for example, about the best running backs in the mountains, and a Mercer fan posts a picture of one of Mercer's backs, or when they state that their JV team could win 1A next year. That is just compete arrogance by a team that has never even won so much as a regional championship. They have been handed an absolute gift this year and yet they act like they are a 10 time defending champ. It will come back.

Well, the coaching staff at Mercer hasn't been completely satisfied with everybodys play this year. They are still working on getting the best players in positions to better the team. So the Titans have been shuffling players too just as most teams do early on. We hope these changes make Mercer better as well as the other coaches who try to better their teams for district play and hopes of heading into the playoffs giving their teams the best shot at competing at their highest level.

 

 

Shuffling players maybe but not at QB, WR, LM, LB,and RB like Ashland did against Raceland. Not to mention 2 of their best lineman were out with injury.

Don't bother, I already tried. His point is that they didn't get to pick from the 900 students, they simply replaced their graduates from the Harrodsburg kids. He doesn't seem to understand that if they didn't have 900 kids in their school that they wouldn't be able to replace their starters with another varsity football team and they'd have to rely on freshman like every other 2A school. I tried to make the point that if they wanted to be on an even field they would either: compete in 3A against Highlands in their enrollment or play without any of the Harrodsburg kids but all I got was that they only added a few players. The thing is though they're playing by the rules, Mercer didn't ask to be a 2A school this year but they were judged to be so. It isn't their fault, I just wish their fans wouldn't get upset when their advantage is pointed out. What does bother me though is when someone starts a thread, for example, about the best running backs in the mountains, and a Mercer fan posts a picture of one of Mercer's backs, or when they state that their JV team could win 1A next year. That is just compete arrogance by a team that has never even won so much as a regional championship. They have been handed an absolute gift this year and yet they act like they are a 10 time defending champ. It will come back.

 

 

EXACTLY, great post. They love to hijack. That's all I said, just call it for what it is and quit trying to justify it. I you alway get " we just added a few". Well, a few is a huge advantage for 2A. Great points you made here.

Not trying to start something. Where were all these speed guys when they played Russell last year? Hurt? Sick? Or was Russell just faster.

Scheller out after a ACL, MCL injury that ended his carrer after only 5 games. Although had 889 yards after 5 games. He was also starting safety for 4 years. That hurt on secondary. If you remember the passes killed Mercer with Russell. Walker continued on and Mccloud Graduated 05. He was the 2 A player of the year. The point I was making was that Mercer did have some speed prior to this year. What helps these 2 backs is great blocking they gained with the merge and great coaching staff.

Mercer also had 2 other starters out during that game ACL injuries. Not often a team has 3 ACL injuries in one year with 3 senior starters.

I not saying these 2 backs aren't great what I am saying is Mercer had some some prior to the merge, enough to stop these 2 for the last 2 years.

Cmon Heisman. I didn't say Mercer was slow or nothin. I know we were fast. Mccloud broke a long one every game. It was a given. But, you can't deny the weapon that we have in Corey. We are blazing fast now. It all comes down to blocking anyways.

Agree that Ford and Jackson are great but just gets a little old when people post "Mercer finally has speed" These guys are great and deserve everything they get jsut gets old when it's said Mercer never had speed till now. They had it prior with a couple of players and they got ity now with a couple of players. As I said in a previous post what helps them look better then they did prior to the merge is great blocking and great coaching.

Your theory is crazy. Whatever you say, you could not look me in the eye and tell me it's fair. Mercer did have a good team last year and probably would have been good this year regardless but to be able to add 20 players from another school is a HUGE advantage, even if you get 10 quality players from that bunch. IT'S A HUGE ADVANTAGE!!!! Especially for a 2A school. I can't even see why your trying to justify it. If it were me, "I'd say sorry everyone, we've found a loophole in the KHSAA rules and we're taking advantage of it"...... At least they'd say I was honest about it. You prove evryone's point in the last 2 sentences of your thread when you said "....everybody that starts this season started last at either Mercer or Harrodsburg" EXACTLY!!!!!!! If Belfry or Russell had joined up with any 1A school and were allowed to play in 2A, you'd be yelling foul also. So, just call it for what it is.

 

Actually I am crazy. What's it to ya? Just kiddin. I guess I wasn't very clear in my posts. I slept 0 hours yesterday and enough with the enrollment talk. It is what it is. Nothing will be accomplished by arguing over it. I respect your opinions. No, it's not fair that Russell isn't getting any press and Mercer is a hot topic around the state whether it's positive or negative. Opening the #3 football complex in the state behind only Uk and UL has thrown Mercer into the spotlight as well. It's an unreal facility. This coming out of nowhere hasn't helped any either. Alot of ignorant accusations by some who seem to think that the whole Merge was due to football when that alone shows they know nothing about the situation that led to the merger.

everyone knows that MERCER is the overall fav. and they earned that right. they should roll right to louisville this year.

 

 

GO MERCER!!!:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper:

I think its a crock that kids from Mercer can join athletics together but they can't be in the same classroom together, Why even combine the football team if you can't completely combine the students. Makes no sense to me.!!

Don't bother, I already tried. His point is that they didn't get to pick from the 900 students, they simply replaced their graduates from the Harrodsburg kids. He doesn't seem to understand that if they didn't have 900 kids in their school that they wouldn't be able to replace their starters with another varsity football team and they'd have to rely on freshman like every other 2A school. I tried to make the point that if they wanted to be on an even field they would either: compete in 3A against Highlands in their enrollment or play without any of the Harrodsburg kids but all I got was that they only added a few players. The thing is though they're playing by the rules, Mercer didn't ask to be a 2A school this year but they were judged to be so. It isn't their fault, I just wish their fans wouldn't get upset when their advantage is pointed out. What does bother me though is when someone starts a thread, for example, about the best running backs in the mountains, and a Mercer fan posts a picture of one of Mercer's backs, or when they state that their JV team could win 1A next year. That is just compete arrogance by a team that has never even won so much as a regional championship. They have been handed an absolute gift this year and yet they act like they are a 10 time defending champ. It will come back.

Man, you get worked up too easy! I posted a pic on that thread. I wasn't trying to get your blood boiling or anyone elses,I started a thread just before about the top backs in the state and I thought maybe I would draw some attention for some of their opinions to be posted on my thread. I stated that I was just passing through. It was took the wrong way. I got thrashed with alot of angry replies. I responded the wrong way by posting somthing that I knew would make them mad. It was wrong of me and I apologized a couple of minutes later to everyone. You don't have to accept my apology. I'm not a spokesman for the Mercer Co Titans so the team shouldn't be accused of being arrogant. What other Mercer fans do you dislike besides me? You said they. I'm excited about the start of a new era in Titan football and that makes me seem to act like I think we are a 10 time defending champ? Like I said I'm a passionate sports fan who enjoys talking about his teams. I don't claim that the Titans are a lock for the title. Never have. Alot of people are unhappy about it due to this developing earlier in the year with plans being finalized for the new school. But outside of AA I don't know why anyone else would care this year. I know Somerset doesn't play Mercer this year So they wouldn't care. But getting back to the topic I believer Mercer is capable of winning a title.

I think its a crock that kids from Mercer can join athletics together but they can't be in the same classroom together, Why even combine the football team if you can't completely combine the students. Makes no sense to me.!!

 

 

Why can't they be in the classroom together? That's news to me. Totally false by the way. One school. Two campus locations. Some of the Harrodsburg kids take most of their classes at the original Mercer High. I don't know where the classroom rumor got started but like I mentioned thats not true. All students had the option of which location they preferred to make the transition smoother. Noone would be denied.

Agree that Ford and Jackson are great but just gets a little old when people post "Mercer finally has speed" These guys are great and deserve everything they get jsut gets old when it's said Mercer never had speed till now. They had it prior with a couple of players and they got ity now with a couple of players. As I said in a previous post what helps them look better then they did prior to the merge is great blocking and great coaching.

 

Hey man. I understand why this may irk ya. Blocking is a must for any running game. But, Corey Jackson will make people say things like that. He is one of those fast kids that has that extra gear that I've seen and many coaches have commented on. I know Mccloud was a burner.

One school. Two campus locations. Some of the Harrodsburg kids take most of their classes at the original Mercer High. I don't know where the classroom rumor got started but like I mentioned thats not true. All students had the option of which location they preferred to make the transition smoother. Noone would be denied.
I'm sure if Knox Central (3A) and Lynn Camp (1A) (same County school district, different schools) combined athletics they would be the talk instead of Bell/Rock. What if North and South Laurel combined athletics.
I think its a crock that kids from Mercer can join athletics together but they can't be in the same classroom together, Why even combine the football team if you can't completely combine the students. Makes no sense to me.!!

 

Again, another comment from someone who doesn't know the whole story of what's going on in Mercer! Quite shocking, isnt it?! Why, that's the first time I have ever heard of such!haha

 

They are in the same classroom together!!! They just arent all in the same school at the sametime. A great deal of kids, both athletes and non-athletes spend half of the day on one campus(Harrodsburg HS) and half on another (Mercer Co. HS), considering this fact that all of the kids are intermingled between two different school campuses the way they are throughout the day is quite amazing, GREAT cooperation amongst the administration, staff, kids and especially the BUS DRIVERS!! So, before you go and spout off about something, get your facts straight.:fight: :jump:

I understand your point. Several posts back someone said it will be won in the trenches. I totally agree with that. Until Russell shows me that they can block and start smacking people in the mouth I will go with the #1 team and that is Mercer. I call it like I see it. Nothing wrong with being pumped up. If your line is suspect you will not win.

 

I believe in my Red Devils. I am confident that they will either smash people in the mouth or take it in the mouth. They don't like being smacked in the mouth. You cannot and will not win a championship without linemen that are hungry, mean, and play each and every down 100%. These Red Devils know what happens when you meet up with a team line Belfry and the linemen push you all over the field like they did in 2004. I have all the confidence in the world that the front six will rise to the occation. I am totally convinced that the most physical team will be eating pizza in Louisville. It may be Mercer, Belfry, Newport, Russell, Breathitt, or anyone else.

 

This is why I love this game so much. I

 

Jeep-

 

Owensboro Catholic was not the favorite to win State in 2005. After they beat Ft.Campbell they were, but what about Belfry a team that won 2 in a row. Remember everyone saying Belfry vs. Ft.Campbell. My point is Catholic wasn't favored until they got their and Russell beat them like a drum in the game. You are right the real No.1 comes out at the end of Friday Afternoon game at Papa John's

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.