Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A State Champions

Featured Replies

Actually I am crazy. What's it to ya? Just kiddin. I guess I wasn't very clear in my posts. I slept 0 hours yesterday and enough with the enrollment talk. It is what it is. Nothing will be accomplished by arguing over it. I respect your opinions. No, it's not fair that Russell isn't getting any press and Mercer is a hot topic around the state whether it's positive or negative. Opening the #3 football complex in the state behind only Uk and UL has thrown Mercer into the spotlight as well. It's an unreal facility. This coming out of nowhere hasn't helped any either. Alot of ignorant accusations by some who seem to think that the whole Merge was due to football when that alone shows they know nothing about the situation that led to the merger.

 

 

I never said anything about Russell not getting any press, I hope they don't. It takes pressure of the kids and takes the bullseye and puts it on Mercer's back. I'm fine with that.

  • Replies 104
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't they be in the classroom together? That's news to me. Totally false by the way. One school. Two campus locations. Some of the Harrodsburg kids take most of their classes at the original Mercer High. I don't know where the classroom rumor got started but like I mentioned thats not true. All students had the option of which location they preferred to make the transition smoother. Noone would be denied.

 

 

So, they're not in the same school. Right? When I say same school I mean 1 building called Mercer High and not 2 locations with Harrodsburg High now called Merder High 2.

Again, another comment from someone who doesn't know the whole story of what's going on in Mercer! Quite shocking, isnt it?! Why, that's the first time I have ever heard of such!haha

 

They are in the same classroom together!!! They just arent all in the same school at the sametime. A great deal of kids, both athletes and non-athletes spend half of the day on one campus(Harrodsburg HS) and half on another (Mercer Co. HS), considering this fact that all of the kids are intermingled between two different school campuses the way they are throughout the day is quite amazing, GREAT cooperation amongst the administration, staff, kids and especially the BUS DRIVERS!! So, before you go and spout off about something, get your facts straight.:fight: :jump:

 

 

Sounds like his facts are quite close. That is 2 different schools.

Why can't they be in the classroom together? That's news to me. Totally false by the way. One school. Two campus locations. Some of the Harrodsburg kids take most of their classes at the original Mercer High. I don't know where the classroom rumor got started but like I mentioned thats not true. All students had the option of which location they preferred to make the transition smoother. Noone would be denied.

 

 

One school, two locations? What? That sounds like 2 schools if you ask me. Even if Harrodsburg High's name was changed, it's still 2 schools. Some of you just won't call it like it is but that's Ok, it's time to get back to topic before this thread gets closed and some fans won't get to express their opinions.

I would really like to see Western play, I think it would be very foolish to overlook them. I've heard some great things about them.

Who does everyone see as the favorites from each district?

 

District 1 - Fort Campbell. I will be interested to see the score of the Caldwell Co. game this week.

 

District 2 - Owensboro Catholic

 

District 3 - Western seems to be everyones favorite. Washington Co. and Larue Co. seem to be playing good football. This is usually a wild 8 team district, if you have an off night you could go home with a loss. I would like to see this district play out a little more before saying Western is the clear cut favorite, but I will give them the nod right now.

 

District 5 - Will be decided Friday night, I have a suspision that Newport will have a little speed as well.

 

District 4 - Corbin. Wayne Co. seems to be playing OK.

 

District 6 - Russell

 

District 7 - Breathitt or Middlesboro

 

District 8 - Only team I know anything about is Belfry. Shelby Valley and Prestonsburg looks to be contenders as well.

Hey man. I understand why this may irk ya. Blocking is a must for any running game. But, Corey Jackson will make people say things like that. He is one of those fast kids that has that extra gear that I've seen and many coaches have commented on. I know Mccloud was a burner.

Agree he is great but not the only great one to have ever graced Mercer's fields or even debatable the greatest one. Mercer has great speed and had it prior. The merge has helped with this as well as the press coverage. He's the same kid as last year same speed but with merge more press coverage. He deserves it but so do the blockers that allow for it.

  • Author

Look people i dont kare about mercer county anymore. They are in 2A, o well. I agree that its not right but lets get over it. This thread is about the 2A state champs not mercer county.

Who does everyone see as the favorites from each district?

 

District 1 - Fort Campbell. I will be interested to see the score of the Caldwell Co. game this week.

 

District 2 - Owensboro Catholic

 

District 3 - Western seems to be everyones favorite. Washington Co. and Larue Co. seem to be playing good football. This is usually a wild 8 team district, if you have an off night you could go home with a loss. I would like to see this district play out a little more before saying Western is the clear cut favorite, but I will give them the nod right now.

 

District 5 - Will be decided Friday night, I have a suspision that Newport will have a little speed as well.

 

District 4 - Corbin. Wayne Co. seems to be playing OK.

 

District 6 - Russell

 

District 7 - Breathitt or Middlesboro

 

District 8 - Only team I know anything about is Belfry. Shelby Valley and Prestonsburg looks to be contenders as well.

 

Shelby Valley is not a contender. P-Burg and Sheldon Clark join Belfry as "favorites".

Look people i dont kare about mercer county anymore. They are in 2A, o well. I agree that its not right but lets get over it. This thread is about the 2A state champs not mercer county.

 

 

Yeah, I agree. This one has been spinning out of control. I'm curious to see how good Caldwell Co is.

I would say that Russell would be the favorite with all they have back from a state title last year, they are the favorite untill someone beats them. Belfry and Mercer should be right there. My personal opinion is tha Belfry will win it all in AA this year. Just a feeling I get, so I guess that I am saying the "darkhorse" Belfry team will take it.

  • Author

I really dont know much about Belfry, I think they played Pikeville in a scrimmage or in a game but they didnt beat them by much. Breathitt killed pikeville in a scrimmage over the last summer. Belfry may be good im not sure but watch out for those bobcats.

I really dont know much about Belfry, I think they played Pikeville in a scrimmage or in a game but they didnt beat them by much. Breathitt killed pikeville in a scrimmage over the last summer. Belfry may be good im not sure but watch out for those bobcats.

 

That whole post doesn't make sense at all.. Belfry and Pikeville is a huge rivalry and as most people know those games never go as planned, and usually are very close... Pikeville is a lot better 1A team then alot will give them credit for. Breathitt has put together a nice season, but I am sure they are on everyone's radar and believe me Belfry is good ..they are year in and year out!

I really dont know much about Belfry, I think they played Pikeville in a scrimmage or in a game but they didnt beat them by much. Breathitt killed pikeville in a scrimmage over the last summer. Belfry may be good im not sure but watch out for those bobcats.

Scrimmage doesn't mean squat....

Next year Belfry, Pike Central, East Ridge, Phelps, and Shelby Valley are combining football and basketball but they will go to school on different campuses. They will all be in 1A because it will be called Phelps High School and we all think it is fair.............................

Next year Belfry, Pike Central, East Ridge, Phelps, and Shelby Valley are combining football and basketball but they will go to school on different campuses. They will all be in 1A because it will be called Phelps High School and we all think it is fair.............................

 

 

 

3,000 student enrollment in 1A because its called Phelps........everyone think it is fair?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.