Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JFLDAD

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JFLDAD

  1. I thought they looked good overall, QB may need some work, but really impressed by some underclassman stepping up and making some big plays!
  2. Raceland's team is young, and they may lose a few games this year, but I think in the next couple of years those young players will have ALOT of experience and really shine.:clap:
  3. Hmmm, not very good this year, well that may be, I guess time will tell, but I do also remember Boyd Co outplaying us another year, I do believe we have a state championship ring from that year. And also if Boyd Co. had out played us they would have won the game and I don't believe that was the outcome. Russell does need some regrouping, but they will bounce back next Friday. Also, I don't beleive we are the only team "running our mouths". I personally have been told ALL year by several people how their team is going to KILL us this year. It happens and we all need to remember, ITs HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, played by children, yes we enjoy watching it, but come on people, life goes on. Most of the time it is not about the game, or the kids who play it, but adults wishing they still could!:fire:
  4. LOL that is kinda the pot calling the kettle black! I have witnessed quite a few more than questionable calls at Putnam also. Sorry, but had to be said.
  5. Russell heard all of this last year about the Belfry-Russell game and look how that turned out. Most people thought that we would lose by a pretty big margain. I guess us winning 19-0 was a suprise for those with no faith in us. I think Coach still has some suprises left up his sleeve! GO DEVILS!!!!:fire:
  6. If anyone is interested the game is on Time Warner right now channel 25. Was also on last night at 11
  7. LOL, there could be trouble? Not being rude to anyone, but let's be realistic, these are kids. Just kids, they are not getting paid for it, they do it for fun. I agree we are all being too serious, Lighten up, be the fans we should be, not people wishing they could still play. Frankly I don't see the enthusiasm from the fan base like I usually do either. We should do our part and be supportive and the players and the coaches will do their part. Have fun guys!!!:devil: :banana:
  8. Amen Brother, I am so tired of all the negativity on these boards. Well done Red Devils, Well done!!!!:fire:
  9. Russell 20-13 kick is good!
  10. Touchdown Devils Drew Abrams I think
  11. 13-13 tied up 6:50 to go in the 3rd Russell with the ball GO DEVILS
  12. Hey Big Seth if you are reading this the Red Devils missed you tonight!!!! Congrats on your game. Love and prayers from your favorite sub!!!:fire:
  13. We actually met him last year at the tailgate before the Russell Belfy game. A very nice man. We will keep him in our prayers!!!
  14. Aaron Beekman, Josh Wills, you can never have enough heart on your football team and these two players had enough heart for an entire team. Will miss seeing all the seniors out there next year!
  15. Not to get off subject, but I think that is the BIG problem with our society today. If you work in the schools you know what I mean. Kids push a little and we say oh, it's ok, they are kids and kids will be kids, then they push a little further, and we dismiss it. It is wrong. Teachers call parents about their kids failing, or making fun of kids and parents dismiss it, hmm, kids will be kids. Sorry, but I wish a better society and I expect more out of MY kids. Sorry, I will step off of my soapbox now, but as a parent, as a Christian I hope for more.
  16. No, No, this was new, I have been going to ballgames a long time and tonight was a new one for me. I was so shocked when they said what they did I couldn't believe it. I kept looking around trying to see if someone, anyone was going to stop it. Then the insults at Austin, crazy. The football comment was pretty funny, especially considering I really didn't see any Ashland jerseys on the field at last years state championship game or this years for that matter. Regardless it was uncalled for. I am a big yourh supporter, no matter what school, and I was disappointed, especially in some kids I knew.
  17. I totally agree, kids will be kids, but I have to tell you, mine EVER acted that way he wouldnt see daylight until he's 50. It was uncalled for.
  18. It was one particular male cheerleader. A very nice boy who never says anything to anyone he was mortified, his parents were sitting close to us, I felt so horrible for them. Also they were chanting Russell sucks at football, LOL. An Ashland fan ???? standing by the wall kept getting after them, but no one stopped them when they were chanting at our cheerleaders.
  19. Worst ever display by a student section I have ever seen. Personal attacks on cheerleaders even! Pitiful! Just pitiful! Disrespectful during national anthem. I was really disappointed. I realize Ashland and Russell are a rival, but the things that were chanted by Ashland' s student section at individuals was horrible. Great win DEVILS.
  20. Actually this ONE call did win a game, unfortunately. Not that we didn't have more opportunity, but just had to say I have seen several games where one call won/lost a game. Especially in high school football.
  21. Yes, but we have also gained ALOT more. I am not sure if you saw the Belfry game, well probably not, but Russell proved it has a lot of players that play besides Kasey. (taking nothing away from Kasey, he is good) We are going to have a great season! See you at Ivan McGlone field Tomcat!:fire:
  22. THat was nice, except for those of us who did not know to go that way. We reached the Exit to the Stadium at 10:50. We could see the stadium from the exit. We finally pulled into the stadium at 12:38. We sat in traffic the entire time! Very FRUSTRATING!!!!!! Not to mention the gas we just blew!!! They need to change something.
  23. Raceland is an awesome 1A football team. Come on, give me a break, LOL!
  24. Fact is Russell who really is a 2a school has to play a school for a state championship who is a 4a school, because " quoting the Mercer fans" We have already merged" Plain and simple. It is sad for both teams. If Mercer comes away with the win Friday ( and I say if, I am still betting on my Red Devils) they can say Hey we won a state championship against a 2a school!!! Kind of like a junior high football team getting beat by the Freshman football team. The KHSAA did drop the ball and it is wrong, regardless. Say what you will! As far as the ball game goes Russell will fight to keep their title. I believe they can! :fire:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.