Russell 53 West Carter 15

rfcinky

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell has got to stop giving up early points. You can do that against Greenup and West Carter but as the year goes on and they face a road game at a much improved East Carter, a home with Simon Kenton , and roadies with Mason and Raceland they might not be so lucky. They gotta get some stops on defense in the 1st Quarter. They also have to kick a few through the uprights.

Tyler Jones is just a monster. MONSTER. Fantastic player. Great job by the Devils tonight! :ylsuper:

I love my Red Devils and want them to do well. They have got to get the problem fixed with giving up early scores as stated by The Red Rambler.

I don't remember seeing Coach Morris on the sidelines tonight. Did someone else see him?

Wow wait a minute I,m not banging the devils. Morris is my hero. I agree he will fix it. Just making an observation.

Ditto that. I am just saying a better team can use that momentum and possibly do some damage. Nothing sets the tone of the game like a 3 and out or big defensive play on the first series. Russell has done that textbook style over the last several years, seems like they come out a little flat. Of course after that? It's like a train rolling through. :thumb:

[quote name=

Tyler Jones is just a monster. MONSTER. Fantastic player. Great job by the Devils tonight! :ylsuper:[/quote]

Tyler did make some nice plays tonight, but the guy I saw making the big hits tonight was Adam Foster. On 4 straight kickoffs he brought down the return guy. He then had a real nice interception where he stayed home and didn't buy into the belly-fake by the offense. I said this last week, but seems like to me each game he is getting better and better.

Evan, Tobey and Adam also opened some very nice holes for the backs tonight.

Russell 3-0 Ashland 0-3 (sounds like the making of a "trap" game), but after last year's loss at Ashland, I don't see Russell have a let down against them.

Russell again came out flat to start the game. West Carter had some good size on line. That being said they did not get walked all over. Russell had trouble stopping the misdirection and the zone read in the first quarter. Once they stopped going through the motions they were all right.

Russell is going to have to start coming out with some fire or it will come back to bite them. Nobody is going to lay down for them. Play with enthusiasm and urgency from the opening kickoff.

By the way, Tyler Jones really is a monster.