Russell 53 West Carter 15

rfcinky

I dont think they will have any trouble getting up for SK, Mason, Ashland, or Racelands of the world.

Everything is fine in Devil Nation.

Amen Brother, I am so tired of all the negativity on these boards. Well done Red Devils, Well done!!!!:fire:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will need to build a shrine in Russell for Coach M. when all is said and done. This man is a coaching genius. Would love to see what he could do on the next level. I am not looking forward at all in a couple of weeks when the crew comes into Raider land. I pray we put up a better defense than West could.......... OOOHHHH .....football gods here my prayer ....................

Amen Brother, I am so tired of all the negativity on these boards. Well done Red Devils, Well done!!!!:fire:

I am not seeing negativity. I see the reality by not looking through Maroon colored glasses. If you think this team has intensity I have no idea who you are watching.

If they have to keep playing from behind it will eventually get the best of them. Sooner or later they will meet a team that has a spectacular defense and not be able to dig there way out of the hole. Sorry to burst everyones bubbles but unless something changes there could be trouble.

I'll second that Amen! I too am tired of all the negativity. I think the coaches and the team recognize their problems. Constructive criticism is one thing but the tone doesn't sound like that to me.:eek:

I am not seeing negativity. I see the reality by not looking through Maroon colored glasses. If you think this team has intensity I have no idea who you are watching.

If they have to keep playing from behind it will eventually get the best of them. Sooner or later they will meet a team that has a spectacular defense and not be able to dig there way out of the hole. Sorry to burst everyones bubbles but unless something changes there could be trouble.

I think that may be a little harsh. They do play hard once they get into the flow of the game. It just hasn't happened comming out of the lockerroom yet. I just think this group lacks a little focus.

I know Russell was a big favorite in every game so far but they still need to come out ready to play. Play to their talent level and not their opponents.

I think that may be a little harsh. They do play hard once they get into the flow of the game. It just hasn't happened coming out of the lockerroom yet. I just think this group lacks a little focus.

I know Russell was a big favorite in every game so far but they still need to come out ready to play. Play to their talent level and not their opponents.

I agree that they do play hard after they are in a hole. I just hate to see the talent have to be used digging their way out instead of taking control early in the game and setting the tone. Like you say they need to play to their talent level and not their opponents.

I agree that they do play hard after they are in a hole. I just hate to see the talent have to be used digging their way out instead of taking control early in the game and setting the tone. Like you say they need to play to their talent level and not their opponents.

Absolutely.

This team has ALOT of talent. They just need to realize that talent alone isn't enough. Well, sometimes it is but against some teams its not.

How do you come out fired up for a team that has never beaten you and has lost their first two games to Bath County and Nicholas County? You guys need to relax and let the team come together as the season wears on. The secondary is new all the way across and most of the guys we lost had been starting since their sophomore years. Losing Harvey up front left another gap to fill. The coaching staff will do their jobs and get the team prepared every week. As for worrying about giving up an early score and playing from behind, it's better to have played from behind and won than to never have trailed and not know how to respond when you are behind (a la 2004). And lastly, for anybody thinking about Belfry and worrying what they do, since we wouldn't even see then until the semi's if we get that far (or if they get there for that matter), the team needs to play them one game at a time as Coach McGlone said in today's paper. Worrying about a team you wouldn't face until game 14 is not a constructive use of time.

Some of you guys need to relax, and take it easy. I guess two straight trips to the Championship game has really spoiled some of you. Russell is 3-0, rated #3 in the state in their division, and have as good as shot as anyone of making it back to Louisville again this year. If you still need to something to made you feel better, go check out the Ashland threads. :lol:

I don't think I'm spoiled. Russell has had stretches in the past with teams just as successful. I have said I think this group is very talented. Also you are right, there are people who have been spoiled. The last 30 years under Coach McGlone have done that. I don't expect perfection. I do expect effort.

How do you come out fired up for a team that has never beaten you and has lost their first two games to Bath County and Nicholas County? You guys need to relax and let the team come together as the season wears on. The secondary is new all the way across and most of the guys we lost had been starting since their sophomore years. Losing Harvey up front left another gap to fill. The coaching staff will do their jobs and get the team prepared every week. As for worrying about giving up an early score and playing from behind, it's better to have played from behind and won than to never have trailed and not know how to respond when you are behind (a la 2004). And lastly, for anybody thinking about Belfry and worrying what they do, since we wouldn't even see then until the semi's if we get that far (or if they get there for that matter), the team needs to play them one game at a time as Coach McGlone said in today's paper. Worrying about a team you wouldn't face until game 14 is not a constructive use of time.

I agree some of these guys still need to grow into their roles. That was alot of experience lost. I don't question their talent at all. This team is capable of great things.

I am not seeing negativity. I see the reality by not looking through Maroon colored glasses. If you think this team has intensity I have no idea who you are watching. ou

LOL, there could be trouble? Not being rude to anyone, but let's be realistic, these are kids. Just kids, they are not getting paid for it, they do it for fun. I agree we are all being too serious, Lighten up, be the fans we should be, not people wishing they could still play. Frankly I don't see the enthusiasm from the fan base like I usually do either. We should do our part and be supportive and the players and the coaches will do their part. Have fun guys!!!:devil: :banana:

It amazes me that so many of the fine folks from Russell seem discouraged by the annual '"whole-bunch-of-points to not-many-point" drubbings that the Devils continually paste upon the district underlings--especially when you look at the box score and see that 12-15 players for russell usually get to carry the ball in these varsity games. Do these folks realize that often you have a group of running backs getting varsity carries that often equal a representative portion of nearly half of the opponents roster?

Careful now, if the grumbling continues you may choke on that silver spoon in your mouth.

LOL, there could be trouble? Not being rude to anyone, but let's be realistic, these are kids. Just kids, they are not getting paid for it, they do it for fun. I agree we are all being too serious, Lighten up, be the fans we should be, not people wishing they could still play. Frankly I don't see the enthusiasm from the fan base like I usually do either. We should do our part and be supportive and the players and the coaches will do their part. Have fun guys!!!:devil: :banana:

I totally agree.

Some posters on here act like this is life and death.

LRCW's post was dead-on.

Man get a life.

Russell WON 56-15.

I totally agree.

Some posters on here act like this is life and death.

LRCW's post was dead-on.

Man get a life.

Russell WON 56-15.

So my opinion holds less merit because it does not put the Mighty Devils on a pedestal? No need for personal attacks. It is also my opinion that they start from scratch every year. So this years team shouldn't be playing on the coat tails of last years team. Sure they blow out there opponents but not before getting behind the eight ball. My fear is that said eight ball will roll over them one game.

I have followed them every game both home and away starting my seventh year. I was under the impression that the forums were for voicing ones opinion. Time will tell what this group can do.

Lighten up it is just one mans opinion.:thumb: