Russell 53 West Carter 15

rfcinky

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my opinion holds less merit because it does not put the Mighty Devils on a pedestal? No need for personal attacks. It is also my opinion that they start from scratch every year. So this years team shouldn't be playing on the coat tails of last years team. Sure they blow out there opponents but not before getting behind the eight ball. My fear is that said eight ball will roll over them one game.

I have followed them every game both home and away starting my seventh year. I was under the impression that the forums were for voicing ones opinion. Time will tell what this group can do.

Lighten up it is just one mans opinion.:thumb:

Nothing personal.

I just feel other schools would kill for the type of program the Devils have.

I do not put them on a pedastal but a 58-15 win is fine with me.

I am sure the coaches have addressed the slow starts and will do everything they can to remedy the perceived problem.

LOL, there could be trouble? Not being rude to anyone, but let's be realistic, these are kids. Just kids, they are not getting paid for it, they do it for fun. I agree we are all being too serious, Lighten up, be the fans we should be, not people wishing they could still play. Frankly I don't see the enthusiasm from the fan base like I usually do either. We should do our part and be supportive and the players and the coaches will do their part. Have fun guys!!!:devil: :banana:

:thumb: :thumb: JFLDAD......this one of yours and LRCW's are the two best post on this thread. I am by no stretch a big Russell fan and don't claim to be but ALL fans of ALL teams should realize this and apply it accordingly.

Nothing personal.

I just feel other schools would kill for the type of program the Devils have.

I do not put them on a pedastal but a 58-15 win is fine with me.

I am sure the coaches have addressed the slow starts and will do everything they can to remedy the perceived problem.

I agree. The last 5 years have been stellar. Going 61-10 with 1 state championship, several state final appearances and numerous Regional and district championships. The previous 4 years were 30-17. I am just hoping they will stay the way they have been. I realize all teams have ups and downs but i like the ups much better than the downs. I just hold high (maybe to high) hopes and expectations for this team.:thumb:

LOL, there could be trouble? Not being rude to anyone, but let's be realistic, these are kids. Just kids, they are not getting paid for it, they do it for fun. I agree we are all being too serious, Lighten up, be the fans we should be, not people wishing they could still play. Frankly I don't see the enthusiasm from the fan base like I usually do either. We should do our part and be supportive and the players and the coaches will do their part. Have fun guys!!!:devil: :banana:

I never did play but I had a son go through the system and i would love for the program to stay the way it was when he went through. As for the enthusiasm from the fan base my wife has complained about that for years. When the cheerleaders get a cheer going there is little support. When my son played we used to always joke that he was a better cheerleader than they were. He was ALWAYS yelling and trying to get the crowd into it when he wasn't on the field. I will be there every week win or lose.