Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

northernkysportfan

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by northernkysportfan

  1. Thanks Coachg, I like the draw for the 9th region for the first round game. The 10th is very weak this year and the winner of the 9th will most likely face Bishop Brossart who isnt very good this year.
  2. Sorry about that, i had a few problems copying and pasting the information. i couldnt get the # of votes to match up with the teams in the top 25 but here are the other teams that recieved votes. The one that stands out to me is seeing Dixie Hieghts with 6 votes. I dont see how they recieve more votes than Beechwood, Highlands, and Boone. Others Receiving Votes — Daviess County 6, Dixie Heights 6, DuPont Manual 6, Grayson County 6, Hopkins County Central 5, Marion County 5, West Jessamine 5, Fern Creek 4, Greenup County 4, Warren East 4, Beechwood 3, Bullitt East 3, Mercer County 3, Murray 3, Calloway County 2, Central Hardin 2, Danville 2, Rockcastle County 2, Boone County 1, Campbell County 1, Estill County 1, Gallatin County 1, Marshall County 1, Nelson County 1, South Laurel 1
  3. Many of the Cov Cath faithful were talking about how they would be just fine without Shover, and now you hear about the numerous errors by there middle infield. It makes you think, do they really know what they are talking about. I have said for years that Shover is a better player than Holocher and he should start over him, but due to politics and other things, Holocher has been given numerous oppurtunities and is still given them time and time again. I just wish Shover would have came out for the team this year, he would of had a big impact.
  4. Regular Season Poll - April 3, 2008 1. Pleasure Ridge Park 2. Paul Dunbar 3. Lexington Catholic 4. Apollo 5. Tates Creek 6. Eastern 7. Henderson County 8. Henry Clay 9. Lexington Christian 10. Heath Male 12. Trinity 13. Bowling Green 14. St. Xavier 15. Ballard 16. Owensboro Catholic 17. Elizabethtown 18. Barren County 19. Christian County 20. Lawrence County 21. Shelby County 22. Holy Cross-Louisville Somerset 24. Covington Catholic Harrison County Larue County Ryle
  5. Does anybody have a link to where i could see the bracket for the 9th region All A or a state bracket.
  6. IMO they have a weak link at Short Stop. Could hurt them later in the year when they need a big play in the region tournament.
  7. Just recieved word from Ryle High School that the game has officially been Cancelled. 3 pages of predictions and talk down the drain. I would have really liked to see this game be played but mother nature had other ideas.
  8. Well it looks like St. Henry won, is that because Andrew Hitchcock didn't pitch for the Crusader's? I was informed that he is playing with the Kentucky Colonels over the summer, is he really that good or is it because he plays high school ball with Walt?
  9. Great post, I agree with you 100%.:thumb:
  10. Yes, Ukfan14 could you please list some of the players from that team as I'm sure you went to many of your sons games and know most of the players.
  11. I agree with you, I dont think Myerhoff is to concerned about this game as it has no importance other than bragging rights. I wouldn't be suprised to see Snyder or Smith pitch as Beechwood will probably save Elliott and Hadden for there tournament this weekend. I dont see why everybody is concerned on who is pitching because both teams hit the ball really well. I wouldn't be suprised to see a final of 8-7 or something like that.
  12. I would shoot for a .500 season before that ridiculous idea of a state championship.
  13. I think last years Ryle team was a lot better than this years Ryle team. I respect your prediction but i dont see why the "Elliot has never beat Ryle." statement is important.
  14. From looking at the threads on here it looks like they played South Oldham and Bullit East down in the Bullit East Tournament. I dont think they have played Villa yet, if so i haven't seen a score on it. I talked to one of the Beechwood parents yesterday and he said that the game will most likely be moved to Ryle instead of Champion Windows because the Florence Freedom will not allow them to play on the field if it is wet. This game is a toss-up IMO, both teams are very good, and i see the game being close and decided in the 7th inning. Anybody know who will be pitching for Ryle or Beechwood? I wouldn't be suprised to see (Eistied) sp? or Seabol pitch for the Raiders as both have thrown very well this year so far. Will Beechwood pitch Elliott or Hadden? Possibly Smith?
  15. Sounds like this game didnt have any spectacular defensive of pitching efforts. I dont think you can expect to win when you give up 14 runs, yet i dont think Cov Cath was expecting to give up 10 runs and win. Its early in the season though and its probably the pitchers first time out. Both teams should improve.
  16. Well I guess they didn't contribute too well if they lost 7-1???
  17. NKY's "best team" falls again. No suprise here as Conner is the better team. Should be a decent season for the cougars.
  18. When are the polls updated next? There should be one coming up in the next week wouldn't you think?
  19. Does Isler even throw a curveball? I dont think i saw him throw one last year. Nutini is a good pitcher, Sainola has to prove himself since this is his first year of pitching varsity. After looking at the rotation i think in order for Cov Cath to win the 9th they will have to play strong defense and outscore the opponents. None of these are shut down pitchers. The ball will be put in play, and there D will have to make alot of plays this year.
  20. The 2006 team was also Sectional Runner-Up. Does anybody remember the name of their Short Stop? Big lefty i believe, he killed the ball.
  21. I was suprised to see that the "best" team in NKY got run-ruled, not really. NCC beat a team that they should of beat. NCC is much better than St. Henry and it could be a long year for them. I would be suprised to see them go .500. I cant wait until they play a top 5 team in the 9th. It will be ugly.
  22. St. Henry is not even top 7 in NKY. Congrats on beating a Scott team though. Andrew Hitchcock is a decent player but his attitude toward his teammates has been very poor. The kid gets very upset and i have seen him throw his helmet many times, this should be corrected and his attitude needs to change. You cant have your varsity player acting like a baby. And your statement about getting pointers from a pro pitcher... That is just ignorant. Coach Myerhoff is a better coach than Terrell, he surrounds himself with good coaches, especially JV coach Bob Mullins. He is the reason that the varsity kids come in knowing a lot and this is a big reason of Beechwood's success. Plus i think AJ smith would rather be on a team that has a chance of winning the 9th region rather than St. Henry who is an extreme long shot to win the 9th and wont even compete for the district championship.
  23. He is also to slow, cant cover enough ground to be a D1 shortstop. I dont know if he will even play D2.
  24. He will be held under 15 tomorrow against Arrez Henderson and Holmes. After seeing Holmes play about 5-7 times this year i have a few tips. 1) DO NOT RUN WITH THEM! 2)YOU BETTER BOX OUT OR THEY WILL OUT JUMP YOU! 3)BETTER PLAY GOOD D BECAUSE YOU ARENT GOING TO SCORE MORE THAN 60 POINTS!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.