Everything posted by steelcurtain
-
Here we go again - 44th District draw.
They still control their destiny. Beat Madison Central.
-
Here we go again - 44th District draw.
I don't see how it's sickening. The money is used for the student athletes. It's used to buy equipment and all sorts of things to make athletes at smaller schools have the same oppurtunities as athletes at larger schools. Why punish kids at smaller schools for not living in a district where boosters and alumni throw countless dollars in to athletic programs. I definately see your argument but you have never been in a situation where you rely on things like going to the region to help you provide for your student body. While that money might not scratch the surface at a large school it can really be beneficial to a school in need.
-
Here we go again - 44th District draw.
They did play their way in....They beat whoever they was in their draw.:madman:
-
Here we go again - 44th District draw.
Big schools don't have to be selfish, because they have money available to them to fund their athletic department. Region money can fund a small schools athletic department for a whole year, maybe two. If the district is at a tie, maybe you need to stop worrying about the draw and "earn" your way in. Southern is upset because they can't get past madison central. If they want to get to the region then they should also have to beat the best. Whats to say that southern doesn't get waxed in the region. Whats the difference? If they operate under a draw: It is fair.
-
Owen/Walton predictions
Just trying to get my old pal spillywilly going......Should be a great game to watch
-
Owen/Walton predictions
I know just poking a lil fun at the Walton contingent.
-
Owen/Walton predictions
If playing your best ball is beating lloyd by 5, then yes they are rolling. All kidding aside this should be a good one.
-
Here we go again - 44th District draw.
Nothing cowardly about it.....it only makes sense. Why would a small school vote to seed if it doesn't benefit them. Talent at small schools is cyclical, you might only get a team that can get there on their own every ten to fifteen years. But yet with the draw you might get a team there that can suprise a team or two just by getting a lucky draw. If the district voted to draw there is no reason to say things aren't fair: They are fair. You voted to draw.
-
Here we go again - 44th District draw.
Yes it is fair, these things happen in draws. Good for the small schools getting a chunk of the region money.:ylsuper:
-
Owen Co./Williamstown update
Alot of ugly basketball in this one.......How many lay-ups did Williamstown give up before they dropped out of that god awful zone they were playing.
-
Walton Verona 68 LLoyd 63
Looks like the starters had to play longer than a half!
-
8th Region Class 'A'
Exactly:thumb:
-
Shelby Co. 71 Gallatin Co. 65 OT
No, this is very untrue. What a bizzarre thought.:confused:
-
Best Chants Heard during a Basketball Game
I don't Know that this really counts but last night on TV during the stanford Oregon game the refs made an easy call into a ten minute production and the students section chanted: Read the rule book...it was very clear and very funny.
-
Gallatin Co. 71 Carroll Co. 56
IMO the big guy earned or didn't earn his minutes, which caused the coach to sub the way he thought fit to better earn him a chance to win the game.
-
Gallatin Co. 71 Carroll Co. 56
Roberts had his typical game, but noone else really stood out.
-
Holmes Turmoil....again
Just poking a little fun at a previous poster.
-
Holmes Turmoil....again
Boy, Holmes sounds like a very safe school. :laugh:
-
Walton-Verona 59 Trimble Co. 54
Looks like Triimble gave Walton all they wanted......Any details about how this game played out?
-
Gallatin vs Owen Preview
I believe Neely would do well wherever he plays ball, The same cannot be said about the rest of the owen county roster. I think Owen has a very nice team but Neely is the driving force behind that engine.
-
Gallatin Co. 70 Owen Co. 46
Great win for the cats
-
Gallatin Co.70 Louisville Collegiate 48
:fight: Oh I forgot? You live north of Verona, You know more about basketball than I do.:fire:
-
Gallatin Co.70 Louisville Collegiate 48
Anderson?Dixie? 3 straight state champs in pheonix? Dare I say anymore, though almighty?
-
Gallatin Co.70 Louisville Collegiate 48
Wow, is all I have to say, because I don't want to get banned for reacting to really uneducated posts. :madman:
-
Gallatin Co. 64 Anderson Co. 56
If I'm not mistaken, Anderson was up big in the first half against Dixie. It wasn't a spanking but they did "HANDLE" Dixie pretty well. None of these comparisons really mean anything but I like Gallatin's chances.