Holmes Turmoil....again

6 players were suspended for five games. It is on News Five right now. Apparently this is well known. I hope Holmes can learn from this and win the 9th. They have the most talented team in NKy and IMO the most talented since the Highlands team with Smith and Lorenzen. Depending on who is suspended I think they may lose several in a row.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9. No discussion of ANY criminal behavior (charged or uncharged) in the high school forums. Discussion of adult criminal behavior is permitted in all non-high school forums. However, discussion of criminal behavior by juveniles (anyone under 18) is never permitted anywhere on BGP.

When these guys were sophomores, I would have predicted at least one state championship for them before graduation if they got the right big man. These last two seasons have been one of the biggest sports disappointments that I can recall. So much talent, so little team.

When these guys were sophomores, I would have predicted at least one state championship for them before graduation if they got the right big man. These last two seasons have been one of the biggest sports disappointments that I can recall. So much talent, so little team.

So true such a waste !

:thumb:

It's like they just don't realize how far their talent can take them. They have a team full of kids who could (have gone, I think several have lost that chance already) go to college for free. A lot of times at Holmes a lot of the talent is no longer around by high school. That's inner city life though.

I feel bad for Austin, because it seems like he's the only one who is focused...

You took the words right out of my mouth. I used to be surprised when issues would arise with a talented Bulldog squad year after year (How could a great team not stay focused?), but now I've come to expect it. I guess that some of the present players are too young too fully understand what opportunities and great memories they are jeopardizing. 'Too young' is just part of the problem though because there are many young players around who do not lack this vision. Austin Hill for example. I feel bad for him because you know that he's been working very hard to get back to Rupp ever since he got a taste of it his sophomore year. Well...this gives me more reason to quit being naive. Ignorance used to be blissful...and in my H.S. Basketball dream that bliss will be missed. I always have great hopes for the Bulldogs, but perhaps it's time that I wake up and face reality.