Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Chants Heard during a Basketball Game

Featured Replies

I am not trying to get suspended or anything but I heard this cheer at an Augusta/Bracken Game years ago.

 

 

There was a player for Bracken Co. that lived in Augusta. He earned the nickname "Peter". The Augusta Faithful who knew him very well started this chant in the 4th quarter -- "PUT PETER IN, PUT PETER IN, PUT PETER IN"

 

Once the coach entered him into the game the Augusta Faithful chanted-- "PULL PETER OUT, PULL PETER OUT, PULL PETER OUT!"

 

Im not saying being from Augusta that I am proud of this cheer or that it had Classy written behind it, I am just stating that I thought it was a very clever, creative chant.. I was in attendance at the game and thought it was very funny!

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M.M.I. used to have a chant , ( GO BACK, GO BACK, GO BACK TO THE WOODS , YOUR COACH IS A FARMER AND YOUR TEAM IS NO GOOD):dancingpa ,-----THAT GOT OLD

Covington Catholic fans should chime in on this one.... I like for them to get to RUPP just to watch their student section.

Brad Gover transferred from Somerset to Pulaski in the middle of the year. When Pulaski played Somerset later in the year, the Somerset crowed yelled in unison " red rover, red rover, we dare Gover back over". I thought that was pretty funny.

  • Author

My father told me once that back in the 60s Dunbar had a chant that said, "Chocolate Cake, Chocolate Pie, DUNBAR, DUNBAR, DUNBAR HIGH

"Your mom packs your lunch" made me laugh at the CCH-Highlands game.

I like this one from Magoffin County:

 

"Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwed!!!"

WHERE'S YOUR BOY'S TEAM?

 

(during a boy's game, obviously)

Where's you tractor?

I like this one from Magoffin County:

 

"Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwed!!!"

 

 

I heard that over 20 years ago(I'm only 27) and I've never even been to Magoffin County.

Where's you tractor?

 

Not funny... IMO

I heard that over 20 years ago(I'm only 27) and I've never even been to Magoffin County.

 

I heard it 21 years ago (I'm only 30) and I lived in Magoffin County.

My favorite was Cov Cath at Scott a few years back. Scott was down that year, and they didn't have many fans in their gym for the game. CCH was up big and the Crazies were getting bored. So the back half of the student section runs over to the empty space where the Scott students should have been and started chanting "We can't hear you" over to the CCH side. Funny stuff...

I don't Know that this really counts but last night on TV during the stanford Oregon game the refs made an easy call into a ten minute production and the students section chanted: Read the rule book...it was very clear and very funny.

Not funny... IMO

 

I was wondering where you stood on that..... :rolleyes:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.