Best Chants Heard during a Basketball Game

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it really matter where it started? That's where I heard it and I could care less where it started. Can't you do anything besides argue?

My Dad used to ask me when I was little, "Do you like to argue?" I would respond, "no," He would say, "yes you do," then I would apparently argue with him for a long time.

So yes I like to argue but that's not all I can do, the Nuts and Bolts cheer is old and not original. A goody yes, but your post made it sound like Magoffin coined it and that's not true.

My Dad used to ask me when I was little, "Do you like to argue?" I would respond, "no," He would say, "yes you do," then I would apparently argue with him for a long time.

So yes I like to argue but that's not all I can do, the Nuts and Bolts cheer is old and not original. A goody yes, but your post made it sound like Magoffin coined it and that's not true.

I think my post made it sound like that's where I heard it. Either way it doesn't matter where it started. Magoffin's band also played "Tequilla", which I enjoyed alot, but I don't think they wrote the song or anything.

"Hold the mayo" at the all a when OJ was playing for Rose Hill. My all time favorite is when Fly Williams was an All American at Austin Peay and their fans chanted "The flys wide open let's go Peay."

And all the other OVC schools brought flyswatters to the games!

Bracken County in the early 90's would taunt opposing cheerleading squads by chanting this

"1-2-3-4 GET THOSE HEIFERS OFF THE FLOOR

5-6-7-8 DONT FORGET TO SHUT THE GATE"

when a foul was called on an opposing player:

"HEY YOU HEY YOU HEY YOU ON THE FLOOR

YOU FOULED YOU FOULED DON'T DO THAT NO MORE

HEY YOU HEY YOU HEY YOU ON THE FLOOR

YOU FOULED YOU FOULED DON'T DO THAT NO MORE"

I had to chortle at CCH rowdies when at the HHS game, a Bird's player made an errant pass and they chanted "JUST LIKE CECIL" (referring to the Birds QB this year). Next year they won't be able to cheer that one....hopefully!!

One of my all time favorites was when a team was up big the students would chant:

"California oranges, Texas cactus, we play your team just for practice."

A knock off of the Spring Training in Baseball limerick (or some sort of joke), but well done. I've never heard that one but I like it.

I think my post made it sound like that's where I heard it. Either way it doesn't matter where it started. Magoffin's band also played "Tequilla", which I enjoyed alot, but I don't think they wrote the song or anything.

I think that he's just saying it's a common chant, no need to get so worked up sir.

I forget which private school " we got money yes we do we got money how bout you". I like U-G-L-Y you aint got no alibi you ugly hey hey you ugly. Started soft then got louder. Wayne County students like this one. Wasn't a chant but heard one loud student yell to a ref several times at jump balls "COME ON YOU JERK, It's like they get it every other time" Bad thing was the ref finally got it and grinned toward the end of game.

:fight: