Best Chants Heard during a Basketball Game

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to chortle at CCH rowdies when at the HHS game, a Bird's player made an errant pass and they chanted "JUST LIKE CECIL" (referring to the Birds QB this year). Next year they won't be able to cheer that one....hopefully!!

Dont get too excited DMZ...the only way you wont see a pass from Cecil is if he tucks and runs because its pretty much a done deal that he is their leader and will retain the position. A little birdy told me.

I heard a cheer a couple years back at the Highlands/CCH game when Votel (redhead) was playing. It ended with "his hair's on fire"....my son whis also a redhead just looked up at me and smiled. I was like, that could be you one day so dont laugh. : )

Couple years back during the BBHS/St. Henry game, this was the season opener and first of the Mike Code era, and Willie Schlarman showed up. With the game in hand, a "Willie Here We Come" cheer broke out.

Brossart/CovCath two years ago when the Mustangs beat the Colonals on there home court, and a "Tissues and Lotion" chant/cheer could be heard from the Brossart student section.

I am not trying to get suspended or anything but I heard this cheer at an Augusta/Bracken Game years ago.

There was a player for Bracken Co. that lived in Augusta. He earned the nickname "Peter". The Augusta Faithful who knew him very well started this chant in the 4th quarter -- "PUT PETER IN, PUT PETER IN, PUT PETER IN"

Once the coach entered him into the game the Augusta Faithful chanted-- "PULL PETER OUT, PULL PETER OUT, PULL PETER OUT!"

Im not saying being from Augusta that I am proud of this cheer or that it had Classy written behind it, I am just stating that I thought it was a very clever, creative chant.. I was in attendance at the game and thought it was very funny!

Dunn high school in VA had a hospital close to the gym ..... There cheer was hurt'm hurt'm we don't care we have a hospital right over here .

I am not trying to get suspended or anything but I heard this cheer at an Augusta/Bracken Game years ago.

There was a player for Bracken Co. that lived in Augusta. He earned the nickname "Peter". The Augusta Faithful who knew him very well started this chant in the 4th quarter -- "PUT PETER IN, PUT PETER IN, PUT PETER IN"

Once the coach entered him into the game the Augusta Faithful chanted-- "PULL PETER OUT, PULL PETER OUT, PULL PETER OUT!"

Im not saying being from Augusta that I am proud of this cheer or that it had Classy written behind it, I am just stating that I thought it was a very clever, creative chant.. I was in attendance at the game and thought it was very funny!

Very immature!:rolleyes:

That might be my new favorite cheer of all-time!:laugh:

If you've ever heard PRP's cheering section sing their school song at the state tourny it is hillarious! "I'm so glad, I go to PRP, I''m so glad, I go to PRP, I'm so glad I go to PRP". The band plays and the whole crowd sings and dances. I thought I would die laughing the first time it saw it.

Cov Caths students are also very entertaining!!!!

The best one I have ever heard was at a Centre College v/s Transy game several years back. Transy had Collier Mills and was one of the top teams in the NAIA. Centre had led for a large part of the game but with about 10 minutes to go Transy gained control. When it was in the bag the Centre student section started chanting,

"That's all right, that's o-k, You're gonna work for us some day!"

It was classic.

Bracken County in the early 90's would taunt opposing cheerleading squads by chanting this

"1-2-3-4 GET THOSE HEIFERS OFF THE FLOOR

5-6-7-8 DONT FORGET TO SHUT THE GATE"

when a foul was called on an opposing player:

"HEY YOU HEY YOU HEY YOU ON THE FLOOR

YOU FOULED YOU FOULED DON'T DO THAT NO MORE

HEY YOU HEY YOU HEY YOU ON THE FLOOR

YOU FOULED YOU FOULED DON'T DO THAT NO MORE"

I was at a game when the Bracken Co. Faithful started their HEY YOU chant and the Augusta Faithful responded with

HEY YOU HEY YOU HEY YOU Over There

YOu stole that cheer

FROM US FROM US FROM US OVER HERE!

I liked it!

A really good one was when North Laurel played Danville a few years back in a the regional tourney and did the random letter chant.

(ONE KID)

"GIVE ME A C- GIVE ME A W- GIVE ME A Q- GIVE ME A 7- WHATTA YA GOT?

(WHOLE CROWD)

WHO CARES YOU SUCK!