8th Region Class 'A'

The top 3 teams in the class 'A' Region all have 3-1 records in their last 4 games. Walton's only loss was to SK (the best team in the region), Owen's 3 wins was by a total of 77 points, Gallatin played in 3 OT games out of the last 4. Not slighting the other teams Who's your pick?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough schedule vs momentum, Momentum vs momentum, This tournament might

(God forbid) come down to coaching. Now who gets the edge?

IF it comes down to coaching and IF it comes down to W-V, Gallatin, and Owen, then Gallatin gets the edge. Additionally, that is the coach that you would want to send to the All "A" State tournament, as he has the most experience there.

Got my vacation scheduled, going to be a good time. Only drawback--location--If there is a worse place to play (for a fan) for the paying customer, where is it?

It is a pretty bad set up.

Additionally, if they use the same announcer that they did for the Christmas tournament and regular games, watch out. He is terrible. He announced play by play...to the people in the gym watching the game. And when a player might step up to the line to attempt a three, he makes a sound..."sssshhhhhhhhh"....over the microphone. If the actually attempt the shot, the rest of it goes ..."sssssshhhhhhhoot three good by Neeley" or "ssssssshhhhhhhoot three no good". Either way, the players on the floor are give an indication that someone is shooting a three. Additionally, he is not sure on free throws about what when it is bonus and when it is not. He announced bonus on the first several fouls of the night in one game and in another announced one and one after an "and one". Needlesses to say, I went home with a huge headache.

The tournament is in Eminece. I went there two years ago and got lost on the way home and ended up in Frankfort. I will not make that mistake twice. All 3 teams r playing exceptionally well right now. I believe the Walton Owen county game will be a great game. I say the winner of this game can take the whole thing. Not to take anything from Gallentin but with the way these teams r playing anything is possible.

Yeah Gallatin is the favorite. Everyone will be gunning for them. They better be ready to play or they could end up falling to someone who they should beat. Whether it's owen, carroll, or walton. I believe that Carroll is due for a win and will be hungry if they get past trimble against their rival. Owen has prooven that they can beat Gallatin and it's hard to beat someone three times in a season which is what gc will have to do if they play owen. Walton if they are clicking everywhere and shoot the ball well and keep the big men a factor could be tough to beat. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out.

Should be a nice tournament. Walton is playing their best ball right now. I think Owen is getting a bit cocky, (see the Gallatin/Shelby thread.) and Gallatin gave Shelby Co. all it could handle last night. I really see it as Gallatin and the Owen/Walton winner in the finals. Good luck to the Wildcats.