Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kick

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kick

  1. I agree that McDavid needs to touch the ball more, but where I don't know. I also agree with Graybeard in that someone will step up. Someone always does. Mahan has the potential to be a good quarterback and with the best that Ashland has around him he will improve upon this years JV stint.
  2. I don't think Davis and Gallaher will be 3 year starters although they saw alot of playing time their sophmore years, the 3yr starters are Mcdavid End-DB, Bonner End-DB, Walters Center. Ashland also has some quality 2 year starters returning (Gallaher,Davis,Snodgrass, Cordle,Thomas) But there was several that saw extensive playing time this year (Nethercutt, Dixon, Parsley, Salyers & Bartrum). I hope I'm not leaving anybody out. But this is a good nucleus to build upon. With sophmores maturing and the good incoming Freshman class Coach Hart and staff will build on the past 3 years of winning.
  3. That would be soph. Darell Mahan. If he could step up next year, it would definitely fill a void at two positions.(QB & Receiver, should Mcdavid have to move position)
  4. I'm not sure Coach Hart can play! But I know what you mean. Drew has been a quarterback his whole career except for High School. And I think he will do an excellent job there.
  5. Great post Woody, I would also like to thank the Tomcat coaching staff for a great year. Unfortunately you get it, some of the credit when you win and all the blame when you lose, but I guess that goes with the job. Keep up the good work and hope to see you around for a long time.You still have 100 percent support from a lot of the Tomcat faithful.
  6. Ashland has a great group of seniors that will be sorely missed next year. But alot of underclassmen did play alot Friday night. You had six starters on offense ( 3linemen,3 backs&receivers) and another back seeing extensive time. On defense you have 6 starters returning ( 3 linemen, 3 backs&LB) with a few others seeing major playing time. Will we miss those seniors? No question but we have a good foundation to build on. Ashland has a good freshman class coming up. Give Rockcastle the credit they were the better team tonight. If you look at the way they ran the ball it reminded me of several games this year where Ashland had trouble. Ironton lined up with a full house backfield and just powered the ball between the tackles all night long. Against Johnson Central, when they did the same they were successful with their big fullback who gained alot of yards. I don't think that RC beat us with their speed as much as they did with their power. I feel the same way about Ironton and JC. That was our biggest weakness defensively. Offensively , Ian ran for his life, all night and even he didn't perform like he was capable(although he probably was gunshy), with some poor throws. The line didn't perform well either, unlike previous weeks. But we have had a great year.
  7. This is good to know. Angel is a great kid and a great player. He deserves alot of recognition for his hard work on the field and his great attitude off the field.
  8. It doesn't sound like arrogance to me, more like envy.
  9. It's a great compliment to know that the Ashland program is Russell's measuring stick for success.
  10. Actually the thread had nothing to do with the quality of line play.
  11. I don't want to take sides, but I have seen some of devil58's posts ragging some of the Ashlander's post a few months ago concerning the line play.
  12. I applaud your work but I'm not sure about the six points, maybe 3 instead. :thumb:
  13. :eek: I've seen that happen before!
  14. Don't know for sure. But I think it has something to do with his eye.
  15. I hope it's just a rumor.
  16. I just heard some disturbing news (or a rumor) while on my lunch break for Ashland fans. Angel gurule was in the hospital. If anybody knows anything about this please let me know.
  17. Does he play more offense or defense?
  18. Experienced, I could go with. But seasoned? That's something I put on the grill!
  19. I think the major advantage of a home field game is the amount of travel time for the opposing team, especially during the playoffs. It also determines the amount of fans that follow the team.
  20. Great answer! :banana:
  21. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  22. I'm sure there are alot of deserving players for this honor. And most people on this site probably have't seen a lot of the others. But from my biased view, and I have not seen a lot of these qb's listed on here, but on our side of the state, Ashland's Ian Holbrook means so much to Ashland's success this and last year. He runs extremely well ,almost like a fast fullback, and his completion percentage is very good. He is the best quarterback in our communities view. :banana: :banana: :banana:
  23. Wise words from a wise old man. :thumb:
  24. McReynolds is on my All-Area team of photographers! :thumb:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.