Russell vs Mercer County Predictions

GOREDDEVILS

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercer had a couple key players out too. Their best overall player, Scheller has been out for about 4 weeks, due to an ACL tear. They may get their starting fullback/def.End back next week. Missed the game tonite b/c of a dislocated shoulder. But, at this time of the year, injuries, for any team cant be used for excuses. Unfortunately, this late in the season, players have gotten beaten and banged up. Morgan Co. was hampered with injuries, so was Mercer. They were both dealt the same deck of cards in that aspect. Good luck to Coach Jaggers and the Scottie Dawgs of Mercer Co. next week!!!

Gap - I totally agree with you. All teams have key players banged up here and there. Where it kills a team like Morgan is they have zero depth. I mean I think they dress less than 25 players. Russell dresses around 60. That helps.[/quote

Ooh, Wow... :rolleyes: by the way, Mercer dresses 57... ;)

See you in a week.

Gap - I totally agree with you. All teams have key players banged up here and there. Where it kills a team like Morgan is they have zero depth. I mean I think they dress less than 25 players. Russell dresses around 60. That helps.[/quote

Ooh, Wow... :rolleyes: by the way, Mercer dresses 57... ;)

See you in a week.

:rolleyes: He wasn't trying to impress anyone by listing that Russell dresses about 60, merely stating a fact. When you have numbers, injuries are less devastating than to a team like Morgan where one injury gets magnified that much more. Russell, and it sounds like Mercer, have more to choose from in the way of replacement parts...

Ntrl,

You totally missed the point. I was not bragging about dressing 60 players, I was simply talking about depth and moreso Morgan County's lack of it.

But if you want to be that way, fine. I suggest you bring a book. It'll be a long trip home.

See you in a week.

The word is that Mercer is HUGE, D-1 size on the line. Ivan said last night that they were big and they love to run. I dont think they have seen a SWARM defense like Russell has. YES and depth. When you play everyone on the sidelines all year anyone can come in and play. Thats what is good about Russell. The youngins' get alot of playing time. The game should be good this week, Russell 35- Mercer County 14.