Russell vs Mercer County Predictions

GOREDDEVILS

This will be one of the better games come Fri. night. Russell will be overwhelmed by the defence in the first half. This game whether you accept it or not will be a toss up. No blow out here on either side. If you don't have a special interest in a particular game and you want to watch two very good teams play smash mouth football, travel to this game and you want be sorry.

Mercer 21

Russel 20

:laugh: Id be willing to bet you have never seen Russell in action this season since u rated Morgan and Fleming better than Russell on the last East Ky poll and we handled them pretty Easy.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be one of the better games come Fri. night. Russell will be overwhelmed by the defence in the first half. This game whether you accept it or not will be a toss up. No blow out here on either side. If you don't have a special interest in a particular game and you want to watch two very good teams play smash mouth football, travel to this game and you want be sorry.

Mercer 21

Russel 20

If East Carter and Ashland's defense didn't overwhelm them, I doubt Mercer's will. That is not to say Mercer Co does not have a good defense, only that Russell has played against, what I think are to of the best defenses in the state and performed well against them.

Yes, Boyd played exceptionally that night; Russell did not, it's just

that simple.

Russell came out a little flat after the Ashland game the week before,

Tommy Brown went down in the second half in a close ballgame,

and then Boyd was able to seal the deal.

I would like to have seen Russell run the regular season again, but

I think that it helped Russell realize they are not unbeatable, and

has helped urge them onward.

What are the details of Russells only loss to Boyd Co.? By looking at Boyds record and common opponents, this looked to me as though it was probably unexpected.

Injuries, Turnovers and sloppy play. Boyd played better.

Boyd had a very talented team this year but fell apart late in the season. They are an enigma.

As Red Shift said. That loss may have ended up helping Russell in the long run.

Boyd had a very talented team this year but fell apart late in the season. They are an enigma.

This has been the MO at County for many years now...

Well there you go....game cancelled. We won't even bother to show up, because it sounds to me like your opponents can beat our opponents up, and since all of our opponents will be on the field with us.. Mercer simply doesn't stand a chance. Thanks for that valuable piece of insight, probably saved us alot of gas money.

Whatever... :rolleyes:

NOWHERE in my post did I say anything close to what you claim. Merely pointing out the FACT that Russell has played a far tougher schedule than the Scotties have. I see this as being an intriguing match up of similarities and contrasts. The similar style that each team prefer is to run, run and run some more. The contrasts being Mercer has a size advantage while I believe Russell has the edge in team speed. The fact the game is at home and the tougher schedule give the Red Devils the advantage.

Whatever... :rolleyes:

NOWHERE in my post did I say anything close to what you claim. Merely pointing out the FACT that Russell has played a far tougher schedule than the Scotties have. I see this as being an intriguing match up of similarities and contrasts. The similar style that each team prefer is to run, run and run some more. The contrasts being Mercer has a size advantage while I believe Russell has the edge in team speed. The fact the game is at home and the tougher schedule give the Red Devils the advantage.

The FACT is opponents win loss percentage does not and will not mean squat on a playoff Friday night between two good teams. This game is played on the field, not on paper. So put your calculator up.

:thumb:

Thanks for the info. it's what I would have guessed.

Russell is one heck of a program, congrats on a great season. Gonna be a good game Friday.

The FACT is opponents win loss percentage does not and will not mean squat on a playoff Friday night between two good teams. This game is played on the field, not on paper. So put your calculator up.

You are right it does not mean anything friday night, but it is not Friday yet and for us it is a way of figuring out how this friday may turn out. It is only a tool.

Also Russell will not take Mercer County lightly.They will practice just as hard for Mercer as they have every game this season. :dancingpa

They darn sure better if they hope to bet the Scotties! Mercer is a big, strong, physical, well-coached football team with a helluva running game and a capable defense. Russell is certainly not an unbeatable powerhouse. I expect a very close and competitive contest. Don't be shocked if Mercer pulls the upset.

Russell understands the type of team that Mercer Co. is ! Big strong and physical has been the type of team that has given them problems for 2 years now. Belfry and Boyd Co. are both that type of team. I would say that Mercer has a real good chance to win. However Russell is the best team that Mercer has played thus far and it will also be a very good test for them as well. I look for the winner of this game to make a run and get to dance on the carpet in Louisville!!.

Playing Morgan in the first game was a good thing for Mercer, because it sounds like Russell runs a similar offense. It is a difficult offense to prepare for because it is so hard to simulate it in practice. Mercer on the other hand is straight forward. They want to pound it at you and physically wear you down. The difficult thing for opposing teams is that they can't simulate Mercer's size in practice. This should be a great game to watch.