Russell vs Mercer County Predictions

GOREDDEVILS

Earlier in this thread, someone mentioned that Mercer had a little trouble with Morgan running the counter option. The point was made that they made adjustments at halftime, and from that point on, controlled the game.

If Mercer waits until halftime to figure out how to stop misdirection, Russell will be up 30 points.

Come to think of it - I'll take that as the final margin:

Russell 46

Mercer 16

Frances

:laugh: I think you and Otis got together and shared a bottle...Andy and Opie would be ashamed.......

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then the Scotties are due... Witha healthy dose of Marty's Magic the Scotties will scratch the Devils and run to the regionals with plenty of Alpo in the tank...

The Scotty Canines 35

Those Devils 34 (sorry blame the lovable kicker)

The Sultan... Sit Devils...Sit... Good Devils

You picked Russell in the King of the Carpet contest too. I think the sultan, who looks an awful lot like Frank Zappa, needs to losen his turban.

:laugh: I think you and Otis got together and shared a bottle...Andy and Opie would be ashamed.......

Actually, it was a trip to the Haunted House and the moonshine still that was being run there... but that's another thread.

I doubt that many of the people posting on this thread have seen both teams play (although probably one or two have). With that understood, most of us are simply guessing as to how this will all play out (me included).

I'll still take the team that fully expects to go to the playoffs every year, gets there, wins at least a game or two, and has a coach with 30 years experience. Throw in some very solid talent, the fact that Russell is at home, and with any luck, Maynard will pick the Scotties - it all adds up to a Russell win.

And the bourbon balls I'm making for the holidays say by a fairly large margin. :thumb:

Frances

You picked Russell in the King of the Carpet contest too. I think the sultan, who looks an awful lot like Frank Zappa, needs to losen his turban.

Dont hate the Sultan hate the game...

The Sultan ...playing both sides he cant lose.. it is Genius

Actually, it was a trip to the Haunted House and the moonshine still that was being run there... but that's another thread.

I doubt that many of the people posting on this thread have seen both teams play (although probably one or two have). With that understood, most of us are simply guessing as to how this will all play out (me included).

I'll still take the team that fully expects to go to the playoffs every year, gets there, wins at least a game or two, and has a coach with 30 years experience. Throw in some very solid talent, the fact that Russell is at home, and with any luck, Maynard will pick the Scotties - it all adds up to a Russell win.

And the bourbon balls I'm making for the holidays say by a fairly large margin. :thumb:

Frances

:D:D CLASSIC!! :thumb:

But just so you know...Ernest T. and the whole dang Darling family picks the Dawgs in this one..

:D:D CLASSIC!! :thumb:

But just so you know...Ernest T. and the whole dang Darling family picks the Dawgs in this one..

Who am I to argue with a pigskin prognosticator like Ernest T. Bass, or Briscoe "The Seer" Darling??

Treat me like a fool, but I'll have to stay with the Devils on this one.

Frances

Mercer County fans will really like Henry R. Evans Stadium, great size and atmosphere.

Morgan wished they could be there with their friends from Russell!

Long trip for the Scotties...I would say about a 3:00-3:30 hour tour guestimating.

Come on anyway Nets, You can sit by me and we can make our own predictions! I' ll save some seats the tailgaiting will start about 5:30. We will be serving smoke sausages, brats w/onions and peppers, and the ole regular ball park franks. I'll even let you work the grill. I might be a little too nervous with the lighter fluid. Anyway good food should be a good game and of course GREAT company!

Hopefully the Scotties will suffer a little bit of that bus lag on the trip to Henry R. Evans. I think that oh Jerry said it best "Oh What A Long Strange Trip It's Been" Maybe the Scotties will get the priviledge to eat at the orginal Billy Ray Cyrus McDonald's located in the heart of downtown Flatwoods! I'm about to take the boy there myself in a few minutes to get some McGriddles. Unless Frances would like to come over and make us some country ham,grits,scrambled eggs, and biscuits from scratch,with that delicious fresh squeezed juice!!! That's making my mouth water!!

I was impressed with the blocking of Russell's line last season. That is all I have to go on, but they were very disciplined, had good size, and had strong runners who followed their blocks well.

The wing T is a difficult offense to stop if run well.. But then again, that goes for all.

I would love to be there BlueBlazer and welcome the invite...but I think it's Chicken Little time for my Avatar that evening...plus, my boss may have me putting in some extra 'practice' hours on Friday afternoon if you know what I mean ;)