Russell vs Mercer County Predictions

GOREDDEVILS

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what Scheller was and still is for Mercer. Just a good all around football player. Is Potter looking to play after HS?

I believe that he is looking more towards baseball after college. Great arm, Fastball in the high 80's I believe.

You Russell fans keep on with that NO RESPECT for Mercer attitude. Heres the thing, last nite they played Morgan County, a very good team, that ran the option attack very well. If you have played football and have knowledge of it in any capacity, one will know that playing someone that runs the option, wing-t, etc...then it usually takes a quarter or so to adjust to it. Thats exactly what happened, Mercer put the clamps down after halftime and thats what Coach Jaggers does, he is great at making adjustments.

Another fact, Mercer County lines up in the wishbone and comes right at you, nothing fancy..If any of you know anything about the wishbone offense, then you will know that it can be an EQUALIZER if ran efficiently to the least, if you run it like Mercer has ran it at times this year, then it can be a complete DEMORALIZER, it wears on you, it beats the other team up after a while, just ask Morgan County. 2 yards here, 8 here, -2 here, 3 here, then boom 20+yds. Thats pretty much how it has worked for Mercer this year. Whatever the outcome of the game, it's not gonna be a blow out for either team and if you Russell fans think you are gonna be in for an easy nitet...then,well, just keep thinking that. Im not picking a score or a winner. I just know it's going to be a good high school football game for sure. Lets Go MERCER!!!

I did not see any Russell fans showing Mercer "NO RESPECT". Confidence and disrespect are two different things. The posts saying it will be all Russsell are not fans from Russell. Don't be so sensitive.

No sensitivity here. The couple posts before i wrote mine, were sounding like Mercer wasnt goin to stand a chance. I spoke out. Oh, Im sorry, I guess i wasnt supposed to defend Mercer was I??

You're right, though, on all Russell not feeling the same way. If i made it sound like i meant all of them, which i can see where i did, i was wrong. For that apologize.

No sensitivity here. The couple posts before i wrote mine, were sounding like Mercer wasnt goin to stand a chance. I spoke out. Oh, Im sorry, I guess i wasnt supposed to defend Mercer was I??

You're right, though, on all Russell not feeling the same way. If i made it sound like i meant all of them, which i can see where i did, i was wrong. For that apologize.

The two post prior were not fans from Russell.

How does Mercer's line compare to Henry Co's line.

I actually think Henry's line is just as big, if not bigger. The thing about Mercer's line is that they have about 2 or 3 of the guys that are just nasty. I mean, they just flat have an attitude, the good attitude. A little bit of swagger, but humbled, if that makes any sense?

I'm usually not a combative person on here...I think my 6,000+ posts mirror that...however, what amazes me is this...

Buffalo Gap, you make it sound like the coaching of Mercer "the adjustments" in the 2nd half were the difference. While I'm not doubting they did anything different, etc...how can you really get a gauge as to the "halftime adjustment" being the difference...MORGAN FUMBLED ON TWO CONSECUTIVE DRIVES.....and the counter option was NEVER STOPPED. If I recall....Morgan's TD to make it 33-28 with 7:01 remaining was the option....from about 35-40 yard run by Hall and I don't know if he was touched. I guess when you fumble it around several times, it makes the coach look like a genius and adjustments are made defensively...far from the truth, IMO.

And to add...

Morgan had several "pitches" that were errant resulting in huge losses...that was nothng that Mercer did...rather what Morgan failed to execute.

Not trying to disrespect, CONGRATS on a solid win, but how the game played out and what is being reported on BGP is about 2 different things.

Nets,

You generally are very honest and unbiased in your opinions. What is your take on the Russell/Mercer matchup as being one who has seen both teams in action? Who has the advantages on offense, defense, speed, special teams etc...?