Rockcastle County 32 Ashland 14

tomcatsalute

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Im just now getting back on line and have to say Im suprised by the spread. Congrats to a super Rockcastle team. Figured if someone played keep-away from our skill players then it would be a lower scoring game. If Rock has all, or most every lineman back next year I guess that shows us where our focus better be starting this weekend - the weightroom !!!!!

Skill & speed is awesome but strength, speed, & skill - KILLS :flame:

Watching how Ian performed after making himself into the player he is should convince the current players AND more importantly the younger ones at Verity, etc. that they need to put in a tremendous amount of work to be their best. When your QB is the strongest player on the team, that kinda says something about that young mans work ethic :thumb:

Not to be negative (especially now) but it also says something about why we got manhandled by a line full of underclassmen (as I understand it)

These guys were as fun to watch as any in a long time & I believe many have bright futures - if not on the football field, then more importantly, in life :ylsuper: Thats a credit to them, their parents & family, coach Hart & the fine group of coaches @ Ashland, and the Ashland community (which sometimes goes a little overboard on here ;) which reflects the longstanding love affair that exists in Ashland (and wherever former[& always] Tomcats are in the world) for our Tomcats :D

The sun came up today, so enjoy the season and start preparing for the next challenge :walk:

Cheers, Woody Jr

Congrats to Rock on the victory and good luck during the rest of the playoffs. If Rock plays like they did last night it could be a special season for them.

I want to make a comment on one of the Rock players #4 Burkhart. Not only is he an excellent ballplayer but a classy kid. I noticed twice when Ashland player were injured that he went over to the injured player to check on him. :thumb:

Ashland you had a great year and were fun to watch. Good luck to the seniors the rest of the year and whatever you do after high school.

I read on the thread that got closed that Ashland had a good Junior class returning next year. I thought that Ashland graduated 18 seniors? I heard the radio announcers say last night after the game that Rockcastle only loses 8 seniors.

Yes Rock has 8 seniors ( 1 is the QB). Man thats scary for a team to be that good and pretty much have the same team back next year. AShland has a good group of players returning but most of them didnt get to play even though thats all we heard all year long is that Ashland has great deepth- but we didnt see it though. I still cant believe Rock came in and crushed us like that.....

Ashland's kid have nothing to hang their head about. Rockcastle was the better team and there is no shame in that. Most football games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage and this one was no different.

As far as team speed, Ashland had good overall speed but no real game breaker.

Hindsite is 20/20 but why did Ashland punt on the 38 yard line when it was 4th and 4. The punt went in the end zone and they netted 18 yards. Plus, Rockcastle had marched up and down the field during their first to possessions. I respect coach Hart a great deal but I thought that was a odd decision.

Ashland's kid have nothing to hang their head about. Rockcastle was the better team and there is no shame in that. Most football games are won and lost on the line of scrimmage and this one was no different.

Hindsite is 20/20 but why did Ashland punt on the 38 yard line when it was 4th and 4. The punt went in the end zone and they netted 18 yards. Plus, Rockcastle had marched up and down the field during their first to possessions. I respect coach Hart a great deal but I thought that was a odd decision.

I was thinking that myself. Rock had scored 2 touchdowns and their first to trys. Alot of things that we done didnt make since this year (i.e. going for a field goal on the 3 yard line at Russell with a player that has never kicked a ball) Good job Peg!!!!!!!!!

Drew McDavid is a game breaker. He ran down Blume and had a 100+ interception return.

Drew McDavid is a game breaker. He ran down Blume and had a 100+ interception return.

He had a bit of an angle, and Blume stepped out of bounds, but there was a kid from Mason who chased him from behind for 50 or 60 yards and did bring him down just short of the goal line.

The Tomcats had a great season and had nothing to hang their heads after the defeat to the ROCK. ROCK was clicking on all cylinders on Fri. If they can play this good against Bell Co. then I will pick them to win. I thought the ROCK QB was the best high school QB I have seen all year. His receivers did a great job running patterns and catching the ball. Their TB was not a big guy but followed his blocks well. The ROCK line was superb. I understand that only one was a senior. The big tackle #74 is a junior and should be getting some offers.

#74 Brad Durham is a hoss. I was thinking he was only a Soph. though. And yeah I think D-1 schools are looking at him.

Great Job Rock players and coaches. I know you worked your butt off this week because of the close Mason game. and it paid off. as usual.

Congrats to Rockcastle County on the win. They came into to the contest with a great game plan and the offensive line to make it happen. How do you beat speed? Make the blocks and run it between the tackles!!! And then Rockcastle found the soft spots in the secondary, of course the QB had just about as long as he wanted to find those spots. If #74 is 6'4" I'm 6'2" That kid is huge....

As for our Tomcat senior guys.....Its been an awesome ride in 2005!!!! Many of you have showed the class and actions of Chamipions and that's what we expect, but this class is SPECIAL!!! My heart is heavy too but, just remember that nobody can take that '05 off the score board and you ALL are now apart of the family now. Good luck to you all, and you know that All of us in Tomcat Nation will be there for you if and when you need us. Good Luck to this Senior Class:

Brant Briggs

Austin Brislin

Jonathan Burke

Adam Cannoy

Aaron Cordial

Brett France

Angel Gurule

Ian Holbrook

Tim Patterson

Tyler Reliford

Randy Riggs

Tyler Rowland

Blake Runnels

Joe Serey

Joe Smith

Trace Stafford

Thank You all for you effort and and love of the program!!