Rockcastle County 32 Ashland 14

tomcatsalute

I agree that McDavid needs to touch the ball more, but where I don't know. I also agree with Graybeard in that someone will step up. Someone always does. Mahan has the potential to be a good quarterback and with the best that Ashland has around him he will improve upon this years JV stint.

Im sure by next August he'll be ready to step up. :thumb:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts are unless you go to a true spread offense, where you are throwing the ball 75% of the time and only running it to keep the defense honest then you are wasting the talents of Drew McDavid.

How many offensive touches did he average a game? He needs to touch the ball 20+ time a game.

I agree we need to get the ball in Drew's hands at least 20 times a game, for him to become the playmaker that he can be! :thumb:

I agree we need to get the ball in Drew's hands at least 20 times a game, for him to become the playmaker that he can be! :thumb:

I think Drew will touch the ball every play next year. QB's can be BIG playmakers as well, see Ian Holbrook. I just suspect McDavid to fill Ians shoes.

I think Drew will touch the ball every play next year. QB's can be BIG playmakers as well, see Ian Holbrook. I just suspect McDavid to fill Ians shoes.

Drew could be a big playmaker, but if he is to be like Ian he will need several playmaking receivers like this year. And we lose alot at that position this year.

Drew could be a big playmaker, but if he is to be like Ian he will need several playmaking receivers like this year. And we lose alot at that position this year.

Ashland has alot of good receivers coming up that have good hands and can do something with the ball after they catch it! just to name a few, Justin Castle, Kevin Burns, Adam Johnson all three could become top notch receivers. :thumb:

If McDavid isnt the QB next year then something is wrong. He is the closest thing to a playmaker that Ashland is going to have.

Just you think he a playmaker,which Drew is a really good football player dont get me wrong. Just doesn't mean he is going to run the show next season! i see McDavid staying at WR and having a big year. :thumb:

Just you think he a playmaker,which Drew is a really good football player dont get me wrong. Just doesn't mean he is going to run the show next season! i see McDavid staying at WR and having a big year. :thumb:

I'm not sure he will have more of an opportunity to have a big year than he had this year. Whomever QBs, it will be a drop off in talent from Ian. I think Drew's biggest asset to Ashland will end up being on the defensive side of the ball.

I watched drew his 7th and 8th grade year play quarterback and ever since then I knew that he would be a GREAT highschool quarterback. He has good fieldvision and could thread a needle with his pinpoint Accuracy. He also has great speed. Who says we have to have him throw the ball every down? We have option plays and QB keepers that we could use to keep the Defense guessing. I see drew making a Huge impact at QB next year.

This is my first opportunity to post following last Friday's game. First of all, congrats to Rockcastle, you played an awesome game and clearly were the better team that night.

My closing thoughts are primarily those of gratitude and pride. Thank you Tomcat seniors and their supporting underclassmen for a memorable year...it was one for the record books in several areas...this 05 team will be regarded as one of the "special" squads.

Thanks to the coaches too. So many times this season, it was very evident our kids were ready to play and well prepared to face the challenges of that weeks opponent. A special thanks to Coach Leon Hart for being such a large part of this community...we are so very luck to have him.

Lastly, thanks to all the guys who helped get Putham Stadium ready for the Tomcat version of "Friday Night Lights"...you guys have been great to work with!

It may now be basketball season at Ashland, but dang!!...I cant wait for next August!!

Same here Painter it was alot of fun working with you!! :thumb: see ya in August! :thumb: :D

I'm not sure he will have more of an opportunity to have a big year than he had this year. Whomever QBs, it will be a drop off in talent from Ian. I think Drew's biggest asset to Ashland will end up being on the defensive side of the ball.

I remember a couple of years ago after we lost Tyler Baldridge and there was uncertainty of who would be playing quarterback. A lot of people were worried about that, but a player who had qb'd his class thru middle school and jv won the starting position. Ian Holbrook really stepped it up in the off season and took the reins of the program. Now we are in the same position. Ian has had a great career at Ashland and people are worried about replacing him. He will be missed but somebody, whether it's McDavid or Mahan or somebody else, will step up this winter and next spring and will be able to get the job done next fall. And the Tomcats will carry on successfully.