Rockcastle County 32 Ashland 14

tomcatsalute

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Rock has 8 seniors ( 1 is the QB). Man thats scary for a team to be that good and pretty much have the same team back next year. AShland has a good group of players returning but most of them didnt get to play even though thats all we heard all year long is that Ashland has great deepth- but we didnt see it though. I still cant believe Rock came in and crushed us like that.....

Ashland has a great group of seniors that will be sorely missed next year. But alot of underclassmen did play alot Friday night. You had six starters on offense ( 3linemen,3 backs&receivers) and another back seeing extensive time. On defense you have 6 starters returning ( 3 linemen, 3 backs&LB) with a few others seeing major playing time. Will we miss those seniors? No question but we have a good foundation to build on. Ashland has a good freshman class coming up. Give Rockcastle the credit they were the better team tonight. If you look at the way they ran the ball it reminded me of several games this year where Ashland had trouble. Ironton lined up with a full house backfield and just powered the ball between the tackles all night long. Against Johnson Central, when they did the same they were successful with their big fullback who gained alot of yards. I don't think that RC beat us with their speed as much as they did with their power. I feel the same way about Ironton and JC. That was our biggest weakness defensively. Offensively , Ian ran for his life, all night and even he didn't perform like he was capable(although he probably was gunshy), with some poor throws. The line didn't perform well either, unlike previous weeks. But we have had a great year.

Wow Im just now getting back on line and have to say Im suprised by the spread. Congrats to a super Rockcastle team. Figured if someone played keep-away from our skill players then it would be a lower scoring game. If Rock has all, or most every lineman back next year I guess that shows us where our focus better be starting this weekend - the weightroom !!!!!

Skill & speed is awesome but strength, speed, & skill - KILLS :flame:

Watching how Ian performed after making himself into the player he is should convince the current players AND more importantly the younger ones at Verity, etc. that they need to put in a tremendous amount of work to be their best. When your QB is the strongest player on the team, that kinda says something about that young mans work ethic :thumb:

Not to be negative (especially now) but it also says something about why we got manhandled by a line full of underclassmen (as I understand it)

These guys were as fun to watch as any in a long time & I believe many have bright futures - if not on the football field, then more importantly, in life :ylsuper: Thats a credit to them, their parents & family, coach Hart & the fine group of coaches @ Ashland, and the Ashland community (which sometimes goes a little overboard on here ;) which reflects the longstanding love affair that exists in Ashland (and wherever former[& always] Tomcats are in the world) for our Tomcats :D

The sun came up today, so enjoy the season and start preparing for the next challenge :walk:

Cheers, Woody Jr

Great post Woody,

I would also like to thank the Tomcat coaching staff for a great year. Unfortunately you get it, some of the credit when you win and all the blame when you lose, but I guess that goes with the job. Keep up the good work and hope to see you around for a long time.You still have 100 percent support from a lot of the Tomcat faithful.

I actually think Drew is a better receiver than a quarterback, his arm strength is a little questionable. But being a receiver hes a big target with great hands, he can run after the catch.

This is all true, but the QB is the coach on the field and has to have the respect and trust of his team-mates and Drew has all of this!

This is all true, but the QB is the coach on the field and has to have the respect and trust of his team-mates and Drew has all of this!

I agree, I dont think it matters what position you put Drew at your losing at the one that hes not at. However I think Coach Hart will have to play QB, and Ashland will just have to take their hits at reciever.

I agree, I dont think it matters what position you put Drew at your losing at the one that hes not at. However I think Coach Hart will have to play QB, and Ashland will just have to take their hits at reciever.

I'm not sure Coach Hart can play! :D:D But I know what you mean. Drew has been a quarterback his whole career except for High School. And I think he will do an excellent job there.

What about the boy who backed up Holbrook this year? He seemed to have a pretty nice arm.

That would be soph. Darell Mahan. If he could step up next year, it would definitely fill a void at two positions.(QB & Receiver, should Mcdavid have to move position)