Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rockcastle County 32 Ashland 14

Featured Replies

What about the boy who backed up Holbrook this year? He seemed to have a pretty nice arm.

Yes he does have a pretty good arm,i seen him throw 55 yards! i talked to him and he says its his spot next season, while he has been working hard in the weight room. I think he'll start next season. :ylsuper:

  • Replies 56
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he does have a pretty good arm,i seen him throw 55 yards! i talked to him and he says its his spot next season, while he has been working hard in the weight room. I think he'll start next season. :ylsuper:

 

I think that you will see Ashland running more than passing next season. :thumb:

I think that you will see Ashland running more than passing next season. :thumb:

Im sure Mahan will be ready to do both. :sssh:

Mahan was very inconsistent this season on the jv team. He has a strong arm and that is a good starting point, but i think he needs to study and learn the position better. He has potential to start next year and be good player, but he needs to work hard in the offseason like Ian did going into his Junior year.

Mahan was very inconsistent this season on the jv team. He has a strong arm and that is a good starting point, but i think he needs to study and learn the position better. He has potential to start next year and be good player, but he needs to work hard in the offseason like Ian did going into his Junior year.

True, He does have a good arm. But he is erratic under pressure and footwork and accuracy needs improvement. He's stronger than Ian was at this point in his career but i dont know many people with the work ethic of Mr. Holbrook either.

If he could step up and play QB next year that would be a huge + for Ashland with the threat of McDavid at WR.

Im sure he'll be ready to go when the season starts !

This game was a little suprising, but not shocking.

I may end up being totally wrong but I really dont see Mahan starting next year. I think the team would be better with McDavid at QB and then filling a spot at reciever. You have to have someone to make a good choice before ANYONE can catch it. But next year is a long way off, who knows what will happen. I dont think Ive said this yet but Id like to thank all of the Tomcat Seniors for making this a great season. I know I would have liked for it to be a little longer but it was enjoyable all along.

... I dont think Ive said this yet but Id like to thank all of the Tomcat Seniors for making this a great season. I know I would have liked for it to be a little longer but it was enjoyable all along.

 

 

I'll second that.

 

You will be just fine next year. Seniors graduate every year, and every year someone steps up to fill their shoes.

My thoughts are unless you go to a true spread offense, where you are throwing the ball 75% of the time and only running it to keep the defense honest then you are wasting the talents of Drew McDavid.

 

How many offensive touches did he average a game? He needs to touch the ball 20+ time a game.

I think Ashland coaches know what they are doing.

Nobody said they didn't. Just some speculation, which is one of the things that is done with quite frequency on here.

My thoughts are unless you go to a true spread offense, where you are throwing the ball 75% of the time and only running it to keep the defense honest then you are wasting the talents of Drew McDavid.

 

How many offensive touches did he average a game? He needs to touch the ball 20+ time a game.

 

I agree that McDavid needs to touch the ball more, but where I don't know. I also agree with Graybeard in that someone will step up. Someone always does. Mahan has the potential to be a good quarterback and with the best that Ashland has around him he will improve upon this years JV stint.

This is my first opportunity to post following last Friday's game. First of all, congrats to Rockcastle, you played an awesome game and clearly were the better team that night.

 

My closing thoughts are primarily those of gratitude and pride. Thank you Tomcat seniors and their supporting underclassmen for a memorable year...it was one for the record books in several areas...this 05 team will be regarded as one of the "special" squads.

 

Thanks to the coaches too. So many times this season, it was very evident our kids were ready to play and well prepared to face the challenges of that weeks opponent. A special thanks to Coach Leon Hart for being such a large part of this community...we are so very luck to have him.

 

Lastly, thanks to all the guys who helped get Putham Stadium ready for the Tomcat version of "Friday Night Lights"...you guys have been great to work with!

 

It may now be basketball season at Ashland, but dang!!...I cant wait for next August!!

This is my first opportunity to post following last Friday's game. First of all, congrats to Rockcastle, you played an awesome game and clearly were the better team that night.

 

My closing thoughts are primarily those of gratitude and pride. Thank you Tomcat seniors and their supporting underclassmen for a memorable year...it was one for the record books in several areas...this 05 team will be regarded as one of the "special" squads.

 

Thanks to the coaches too. So many times this season, it was very evident our kids were ready to play and well prepared to face the challenges of that weeks opponent. A special thanks to Coach Leon Hart for being such a large part of this community...we are so very luck to have him.

 

Lastly, thanks to all the guys who helped get Putham Stadium ready for the Tomcat version of "Friday Night Lights"...you guys have been great to work with!

 

It may now be basketball season at Ashland, but dang!!...I cant wait for next August!!

:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.