Everything posted by fbfan
-
Walton-Verona 23 Lexington Christian 7
Did both Lattimore's play for WV?
-
LCA @ Walton Verona Predictions
Will both Lattimore's play in this one?
-
Gallatin County 48 Owen County 0
Congrats to Gallatin Co. They finish 4-0 in their district.
-
Inside NKY Football 10/14
Nice article, but I didn't see a Gallatin/Walton recap. That was a pretty big game, since it essentially decided the district winner.
-
Gallatin County 23 Walton-Verona 19
Last year is last year. Gallatin has improved tremendously since last season. If you looked at two common opponents (Bellevue and Carroll) their scores were similar. I know comparing scores doesn't always work out, but it's probably better than comparing a team to a year ago. If that's the case then I guess Owen should beat Gallatin this year too.
-
Gallatin County 23 Walton-Verona 19
Last year is last year. LGallatin has improved tremendously since last season. If you looked at two common opponents (Bellevue and Carroll) their scores were similar. I know comparing scores doesn't always work out, but it's probably better than comparing a team to a year ago. If that's the case then I guess Owen should be Gallatin this year too.
-
Gallatin County 23 Walton-Verona 19
Why is it such a surprise?
-
Gallatin County 23 Walton-Verona 19
I agree. With so much on the line I expected a larger crowd. But I guess you can blame it on the fact that both schools were on fall break.
-
Gallatin County 23 Walton-Verona 19
Great win GC! Outstanding job up front for the Wildcats. I was surprised how they dominated WV's DL/LB's.
-
Gallatin County 48 Carroll County 13
Great win for Gallatin. Sets up a huge game next week vs. Walton for 1st place in the district.
-
Walton Verona 48 Carroll County 21
So, he was out for disciplinary reasons. Was it a school issue or something within the team?
-
Gallatin County 60 Conner 54
Maybe so, but it seemed like most of the conversation was about who wasn't on the floor instead of who was.
-
Gallatin County 60 Conner 54
Yeah, what I take from most of these posts is "Conner lost because of X, Y, and Z, but congrats on the win GC." Maybe Gallatin should give the win back because Conner didn't have some key players. Great win GC!
-
5A Cooper vs Harlan County Predictions
HC's defense is pretty good too. They are peaking at the right time. Should be a good game.
-
Newport Central Catholic 49 Gallatin County 13
You're right. The KHSAA needs to have the public school state championship separate from the private schools. It would even the playing field. Good point.
-
Coach goes off after game
Did he coach at Pineville back in the early 90's?
-
Trimble County High School Football teams up with BGP to help Magoffin Co FB
Class act by TCHS! The young lady you spoke about in the picture is an awesome manager, and an even better person. Speaking of Trimble, have they hired a coach yet?
-
Gallatin County vs South Oldham predictions
It's hard to judge a team on one game, especially that Oldham game. That was an off night, to say the least, for GC. Expect a better performance tonight. GC by 3.
-
Gallatin County 73 Anderson County 62 (OT)
Congratulations Coach Jones and GC!
-
Owen County 57 Gallatin County 52
...and the rims are 11 feet tall.
-
Walton Verona 40 Anderson County 39
With all this talk about who gets the credit for WV winning, there is a quote from John Wooden (I think) that should put things in perspective. "It's amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit." I would bet that the players and coaches don't care who gets credit for their accomplishments, or tourney MVP.
-
Harlan County vs. Highlands (11/26) - Who wins and why?
A 4 1/2 drive is still a 4 1/2 hour drive no matter when you leave. That will take a lot out of them, especially on a bus.
-
Harlan County vs. Highlands (11/26) - Who wins and why?
I don't think anyone is discounting Highlands. They're consistently one of the top teams in the state. But, you don't get to the state semifinals by being mediocre. HC's defense is pretty solid as well. Should be a good game.
-
Harlan County vs. Highlands (11/26) - Who wins and why?
Not a lot of respect given to the Black Bears on here. Hope those poor mountain boys can keep it respectable against the mighty Bluebirds. Don't be surprised if that 4 1/2 hour drive plays a role in this one also.
-
1A Beechwood/ Frankfort predictions
First of all, I have no affiliation with Eminence. FHS has much better athletes than anyone else in their distirict. They should win every district game. Since you're adding scores, BW has outschored FHS 91-31 in the past two games. So, although you are relevant in your district, you don't have much to say in the big picture. You should be more concerned with the Tigers than Eminence. I'm not a fan of either team. I'm just making an observation....Start of discussion.