Owen County 57 Gallatin County 52

Gallatin fell behind 20-7 after the first quarter and then turned up the pressure forcing a large amount of turnovers to pull within 3 at the half. Gallatin took the lead in the third, but Owen was abloe to settle it down and play a half court game which is what Coach Jones said in the pre-game that they did not want to do. Lead went back and forth for a bit, but a Owen County run in the last 3 minutes sealed the deal.

We'll have the game video on our site on Thursday. Definately a good one as these always are.

Stone Osborne for Owen County lead all scorers with 22. Travis Davis had 17 for the Wildcats.

Because their team is always very good and those teams win a large percentage of their home games?

Almost important as the winning is that their team always plays hard and is fun to watch. It is a lot easier to yell and get behind a bunch of kids that are playing hard!

They did have a 6th man but Owen was able to overcome him. I agree that they have a good home court advantage. Why do you guys think that is the case?

I think it is because Coach Jones and his staff have developed a winning culture in GC. It is just not at the High School level but all the way down to the elementary schools. The entire county supports these teams. Anytime there are games at any of the gyms they are usually packed and spirited.

As far as the Owen/Gallatin match ups, I am not sure what the brackets look like for the All A and the District but anyone who follows these teams has to like Gallatin's chances to win at least one of those 2 games if they meet each other.

Pretty much decided it that Owen will be the #1 seed in the district tournament. Districts are at Owen this year, look for the rebels to be in the regional tourney. They will be a factor come tourney time. Gallatin County tough place to play also because it is a college floor, different for teams, they are always good and as mentioned before good teams rarely lose at home.

I think it is because Coach Jones and his staff have developed a winning culture in GC. It is just not at the High School level but all the way down to the elementary schools. The entire county supports these teams. Anytime there are games at any of the gyms they are usually packed and spirited.

As far as the Owen/Gallatin match ups, I am not sure what the brackets look like for the All A and the District but anyone who follows these teams has to like Gallatin's chances to win at least one of those 2 games if they meet each other.

Owen plays Gallatin in the first round on the Tuesday the 17th. That's why we did the game since we can't seem to broadcast from Trimble County.

Mack reminded me of this last from last year. Owen defeated Gallatin in both pre-"A" matchups last year, but then Gallatin came back with wins against Owen in the "A" and Districts. Last year, the "A" was at Owen.