Walton Verona 48 Carroll County 21

Bluerunner

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost a lot of respect for the Walton program last night. Before now, I thought it had been a decent rivalry between these two schools. Walton's kicker hadn't missed an extra point attempt all night but when Walton scored to go up by 34 late in the 3rd quarter they went for 2 to try and get the running clock. They ran the ball down Carroll's throat all night with their running game. They had less than 10 passing attempts all night but with a 40-7 lead early in the 4th period they throw a 45 yard td pass and finally got their wish. Walton is a decent team. They will win this weak little district and draw probably Newport in the first round of the playoffs. They should win that game but enjoy it while you can Bearcat fans. Nothing against your kids. They seemed like they were pretty classy. I just hope your classless coach is there long enough to realize what goes around comes around.

Lost a lot of respect for the Walton program last night. Before now, I thought it had been a decent rivalry between these two schools. Walton's kicker hadn't missed an extra point attempt all night but when Walton scored to go up by 34 late in the 3rd quarter they went for 2 to try and get the running clock. They ran the ball down Carroll's throat all night with their running game. They had less than 10 passing attempts all night but with a 40-7 lead early in the 4th period they throw a 45 yard td pass and finally got their wish. Walton is a decent team. They will win this weak little district and draw probably Newport in the first round of the playoffs. They should win that game but enjoy it while you can Bearcat fans. Nothing against your kids. They seemed like they were pretty classy. I just hope your classless coach is there long enough to realize what goes around comes around.

Sounds like sour grapes. Get better. The goal is a running clock to get these guys into the next week healthy. Classless is Carroll leaving their #1's in to make you feel a little better for the bus ride home.

You have no clue what you're talking about. Go run your 400 meter dashes or whatever it is you run and comment on that.

I would bet I forgot more football than you know. I also know how to motivate and set goals to keep the team in tact and moving forward. I would worry more about getting my team and players better than whether or not a team tried to win by what you conceive to be too many points. This is Walton's sixth year of football. Most of the teams on their schedule beat them handily a couple of years ago. Walton now has to apologize for beating these teams. If you want to talk track and running, I can do that too.

I just bet you can. You sound like you could win the girls shotput by a pretty big margin. I'll talk football with you anytime you want to. Better wear your headgear.

You got me on the shotput, but I take more pride in my contributions as a senior starter on a state championship team under the tutelage of hall of fame coaches Tom Duffy and Jim Daugherty. Bottom line is the “classy” coach last night tried to shorten the game, the other side decided it was more important to leave the ones in against Walton’s freshman and sophomores, including running no huddle hurry up under a minute to get a score. The focus for Walton now is to continue to get better every day to get closer to the NCCs of the world, because in their brief 6 years they have clearly surpassed the Carrolls of the world.

Its funny that anyone would call Jeff Barth classless.

Definitely not running up the score but getting to the running clock to get younger players reps. If ones have stayed in it could have been in the 60's.

Definitely not running up the score. Could have been in the 60's, I don't know. But clocking someone is not the way to intentionally end a game, especially going for 2 to do it. This may be sour grapes. Running clocks happen all the time. But making it obvious that is what you are trying to do in a game that is obviously over is classless and you'll never convince me otherwise. I wouldn't forget this if i were coaching the Panthers. Definite bulletin board material for the future.