Everything posted by Blue Blazer
-
Lewis County 62 Bath County 59
We're still a long way from the finals Either team that gets there (Bath/Lewis) has got a shot Doesn't really sound like he overlooked Lewis:ohbrother:
-
Youth Softball 16th Region
send me a pm Raceland has a summer youth league. I'll give you names and contacts!
-
Raceland/LCA predictions
Man! Old Rambler you were a Raceland Alumni before I was even born!!!!!! Look for another great game! Go Rams! I will be in the endzone as usual cheering y'all on!
-
Raceland/West Carter predictions
Rams will stay focused and win in a big way on senior night! Come boys let's get the perfecr regular season! YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
2008 Graduating Pitchers..Best Ever?
Another one is Raceland's Paige VanHoose who had 50 wins the past 2 seasons and led Raceland to the Class A runner-up in 2007 and the 16th Region Finals. She was Ashland Daily Independent Pitcher of the Year and has signed to play at The University of Dayton. Stick1 I also believe our girls from Eastern KY sometimes don't get the credit they deserve.
-
Boyd County's Coach Maynard Resigns
You think he will be going home to Lawrence Co. and taking over for Coach Keeton?
-
16th Region Final??
Rowan 11-3 over Russell
-
Raceland Pitcher Paige VanHoose
Congratulations to Paige! She has definitely earned her way to the next level. She is a terrific person, student, and athlete!!! She has made the Raceland small tight knit community very very proud!
-
Seniors Playing Junior Varsity
Yes they are allowed to play JV. However I have only seen it in certain situations. For instance a kid has never played and has came out his or her senior year and they may get some JV reps. Small schools with small numbers sometimes use older players to get games in.
-
Rose Hill 6 Raceland 3
Rose Hill had a nice win vs The Lady Rams Paige VanHoose. Raceland had too many errors 4 I believe. That gave up 5 unearned runs. Paige struck out 11 Lady Royals and her record this season has dropped to 15-5
-
Rose Hill 6 Raceland 3
I guess the coaching staff wanted to see what some different pitchers could do. Sophmore Kasey Lewis pitched a very good 3 innings as well. The 2 young pitchers combined to give up 1 run on one hit through 6 innings. I think it is good to get some other pitchers some varsity reps when you can. Paige has signed with Dayton and will be pitching and playing some OF for them next season. Adkins and Lewis will be in the circle for the Lady Rams the next 3-7 years and they need some work when they can get it.
-
Rose Hill 6 Raceland 3
In the second game Raceland pitched and caught JV players as well. Rams as well played majority JV players in the 2nd game. ALL reguluar varsity starters that played a few innings were all in Different positions. Congratulations to Rams 6th grade pitcher Chloe Adkins on her 1st of many hopefully varsity WINS! This was the first varsity game in 3 years Paige VanHoose was NOT on the mound!
-
Boyd Co. 5 Raceland 2
Lions and Rams look like they are about as evenly matched as any 2 teams in the 16th. Boyd reversed it fortunes last night the exact same way the Rams won at Boyd a couple weeks ago! Boyd has a nice team and is very well coached.
-
Rose Hill 6 Raceland 3
Both were varsity Raceland 3 Rose Hill 6 GAME 1 Raceland 13 Rose Hill 1 GAME 2
-
Rose Hill Softball
They also got beat in a varsity game to Raceland last night 13-1. Raceland 6th grader Chloe Adkins made her varsity pitching debut in the win!
-
Raceland league
The Aries Summer League 2008 Raceland Ashland Boyd Co Fairview Russell Rowan Co Magoffin Co Huntington St. Joe,WV Coal Grove, OH Rock Hill, OH Ironton, OH The league will start June 2 @ The Palace!
-
Russell Girls Opening!
This sounds like there is alot of division at Russell. Russell has always had a quality girls athletic program. The administration has done some things right to keep it at the level that it has sustained. I sure "A" person who I have no clue is can influence "ONE" who I have no clue is other to ASSUME you are taliking about the principal and athletic director. My guess is that these two guys are smart enough to sit down weigh out the options and hire the BEST coach for the girls. Last time I checked the Russell Athletic Department has been doing a very good job competing in the 16th and statewide.
-
Russell Girls Opening!
I think Cassidty would do a nice job with the girls and he seems to have a real passion to coach them and build the program's numbers up as well!
-
Rose Hill Coach ?????
I know that coaches can't instruct but having a supervisor to let them begin playing is big. However getting to know the boy's is huge and this summer will be crucial to Rose Hill. I'm glad they have a summer schedule because during that time the coaches can instruct and coach the teams during the shootouts and team camp games.
-
Rose Hill Coach ?????
Can anyone tell me who has been interviewed? I have heard alot of names, but it has been real tight lipped. I know that Euton and Jackson are gone, but there cupboard is not totally bear. From what I understand the middle school has a very talented team, and I want think they would want to get a coach that will begin working some open gyms and finalize a summer schedule.
-
Russell Girls Opening!
I would think that the new girls coach may want to keep Renzi aboard. He is familiar with the girls and has built up some good rapport with them. I'd say the new coach will probably have Renzi on speed to keep some stability within the program!
-
Russell Girls Opening!
Wow that is one interesting list, However I don't believe that Jason Clark is interested in the position. I don't even think he coaches basketball does he? I would think it will be a 3 horse race between Darell Adkins, Todd Parsley, and Phil Cassidy. Amy Hughs I believe from Chillicothe would be the possible outsider. I also look for Joe Bryan to join the boy's staff.
-
Russell Girls Opening!
Go Radio announced officially that Coach Kidwell was indeed the new boy's basketball coach at Russell. This leaves the girls job open. Who are the possible front runners to take this team?
-
Date for hiring of new Russell coach?
I believe he coaches at a high school near Columbus,OH and from what I have heard he has done a very good job. I also support Coach Kidwell, because I believe he can do the job and that he has a passion and love for the school, the community, and the kids. Coach Kidwell has always represented Russell with class and I believe that his time and efforts into the girls and the school should give him the edge to become the boy's coach. If he can consistently keep the girl's at the top of the region then I know he will be able to do the same for the boy's. However the girl's program is in so much better shape than the boy's right now, so it is my conclusion that Coach Kidwell would be the best hire because he knows the school, the community, and the kids. If he can successfully run the girls then he should be the man to rebuild the boys.
-
VB Camp - as a team or individual?
Team Camp is alot of individual skills as well I was really impressed by Morehead St team camp last summer. The girls learned alot and loved it as well!