Seniors Playing Junior Varsity

Yes they are allowed to play JV. However I have only seen it in certain situations. For instance a kid has never played and has came out his or her senior year and they may get some JV reps. Small schools with small numbers sometimes use older players to get games in.

I have seen this a lot in tennis.

I've never heard of such a thing as "JV tennis." I've seen where schools will play other matches -- exhibitions -- that don't count toward the overall team score of a match. That's where the less-experienced players go.

And I've never heard of any situation where seniors are allowed to play JV, and can't believe it would be allowed by KHSAA. Those seniors who might not get a lot of playing time get their big moment on senior night. Sounds to me like a JV coach is pulling a fast one.

I've never heard of such a thing as "JV tennis." I've seen where schools will play other matches -- exhibitions -- that don't count toward the overall team score of a match. That's where the less-experienced players go.

And I've never heard of any situation where seniors are allowed to play JV, and can't believe it would be allowed by KHSAA. Those seniors who might not get a lot of playing time get their big moment on senior night. Sounds to me like a JV coach is pulling a fast one.

In NKY they certainly have JV matches. I doubt they count towards the overall team scores.

Ok when my DD first started playing JV I was told, or I herd once you became a junior and played on the varsity you could not go back. Well everything that I've been able to find out thats not true. Or at least thats what I understand. Last time I looked at the khssa web sight all I could find that even come close to talking about this subject was dealing with eligibility rules start at 9 th grade but thats dealing with changeing schools and such. But there is a another can a worms that could be opened on this subject. But im not going to open them.:devil::lol::lol:

This has happened at Ryle the last 2 years .Obviously Allen is the best pitcher and A senior has pitched JV .The young lady pitching this year hits in the varsity games ,and does very well .

In a game vs Boone she hit a ball back up the middle that hit the Boone pitcher.The pitcher still is having problems mostly with confidence and worrying about being hit again .

Maybe they could of let the #2 pitcher close some of the games they were winning 10,12 or 14 to 0 and develop a younger pitcher for the future .It is one thing to get the records ,I do understand that .When you are winning by a large margin it just seems right ,IMO.I am surprised no one has intentionally thrown at a batter for some of this .I guess the new coach will have to take care of the future .I read where Ryle had only lost 3 JV games the last 2 years and now I know why .

In NKY they certainly have JV matches. I doubt they count towards the overall team scores.

That may just be a local phenomenon. I bet if a NoKy tennis coach called, say, the coach at E'town or somewhere else and said they wanted to bring their JV, they would be met with silence.

And I still am not hearing any other situations where this occurs regularly (in other sports). Blue Blazer's example sounds pretty isolated, and I'm skeptical as to whether the opposing coach was aware of it.