Boyd County's Coach Maynard Resigns

Ram

Coach Maynard is a good friend of mine. His wife is expecting their first child in the next few months, and no one should blame him for his decision. Your kids are only young once, so to my good friend Coach Maynard- I wish you the very best. BC was lucky to have you.

Care to share.

I can't at this point. The hiring process hasn't started yet, and this person coaches at another school and it may cause hard feeling for fans at his current school. But, he is person who is deeply passionate about baseball and I am sure he would be a great hire.

If he IS going to Lawrence Co., then why would he tell people he's leaving because of his new child? Could that just be an excuse to go somewhere else, perhaps somewhere he has more "say so"??

My sources have always said the Travis Feltner is a lock to replace Randy Keeton at LC. These are people very close to the program that have said this. Whatever happens, Ben Maynard is a good guy and a good coach. I wish him nothing but the best.

Hot stove league starts early. I know of a candidate that may be interested.:sssh:

Well they got Coach Zornes back, maybe they are wooing Coach Hamilton back. Sorry BC Coach Ross has already found a new job.