Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY_YouthCoach

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NKY_YouthCoach

  1. KY1234- My post perhaps seemed as though I was directing it toward you which is not the case at all. Yours just happened to be the one I quoted to begin the post. I've had 2 sons come through the Conner program during the better days of the program a few years ago. Coach Stellman is a good friend of mine as are all of the previous assistant coaches. I know how the community can be sometimes as well as the BGP community. During this time of year we can be like a pack of vultures. It just seemed to me that now was the time to move on to another topic and welcome Coach Trosper to Hebron. I meant no offense toward you. You need to continue with your probing questions as they have definitely created interesting conversations here on BGP. We all rarely agree on anything on here anyway, so after a number of years, I'm used to it. For the most part, the people who post a lot are at least respectful, so if I've seemed less than that toward you with my post I publicly apoligize to you.
  2. Other than the fact that it is winter-time with nothing to do but discuss trivial issues such as this, why does it really matter? The powers-that-be read the qualifications of those that submitted - whoever they may be; interviewed the candidates they wanted to interview; and selected the person they felt was best for the job. That person is Coach Trosper. This process is now over, so whatever happened during the submittal and interview process is history with no more relevance to the Conner situation. It is easy for those of us that are on the outside looking in to "armchair quarterback" the situation. We do a fantastic job of that on this site as that is the intent of 'Ru's brainchild. The fact is Coach Trosper is the new coach. We here in Hebron now need to unite behind him as has been mentioned in earlier posts. We certainly can't expect the young men that are a part of the team to do this if we as adults can't lead by example. Speculation for this position along with all other "coulda, shoulda, woulda's" is over. Covington Catholic is a prime candidate to speculate about for the new focus of those of us with time on our hands (myself included). WELCOME TO HEBRON , COACH TROSPER!!!!!! GO COUGARS!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Once the coach is found, the Hebron/Burlington Community needs to come together behind him and his staff. The potential players that roam the halls of Conner need to come out and play. The ones that are there now need to get in the weight room and get stronger. The sniping that occurs in this program from disgruntled fans/parents/players MUST STOP!!!!! There are some good athletes that will be juniors and seniors this next year. They need to find a(some) leader(s) and follow them. The potential is there, but the excuses must be stopped. Excuses are just a poor attempt at covering up the inability (or unwillingness) to work to get better! The teams that had recent success at Conner (02,03 and 04) did all of the above. I've been close to this program for close to 10 years and have seen the roller-coaster ride that it has been. I know most of these kids and their parents as well. They are all good people. Everyone has seen the example of tearing one sheet of paper vs. a telephone book. BE A PHONE BOOK!!!! In other words, be a team and not a group of individuals trying to achieve their own agenda(s). GO COUGARS!!!!!
  4. I agree with you. That's who I'd call!!
  5. Tom Stellman has given much to Conner High School and the Hebron community. I first had the pleasure of meeting him over 10 years ago due to the fact that I was fortunate enough to coach his son, Trevor, in the BCPWFL. Both of my sons played for him and have never had anything but good things to say about him. I'm saddened that more people will no longer get to experience this awesome man. Many have questioned his coaching ability over the years, but I've never seen his "X's and O's" to be lacking. There have been times when the "Jimmys and Joes" were not as good as others, but Tom never once complained. He has always cared for his team regardless of whether they were 10-0 or 1-9. I don't think you can ask any more from a man than that! This program should be an opportunity that many will covet. I trust that the powers-that-be will make the proper decision on who should take on this position. There are many good young athletes returning to Conner, so the cupboard is not bare for the new coach at Conner. In closing I'd like to say Thank You, Coach Stellman, for all you have done for my family and the Cougar football family at large! GO COUGARS!!!!!!
  6. I"m not from Russell, never watched the Red Devils play, but I have to admit that is one of the most touching videos and songs I've ever experienced. Even for someone that hasn't lived this Red Devil Experience, it gives a great insight into what it is all about.
  7. I just heard the score is 6-0 Conner at the half.
  8. Having watched these 2 since they were very young, I'd agree with you, Pretty Boy, that both would start for any team in the state. As for All-State, that jury is still out, but it could very well come back with a conviction that both ARE All-State....
  9. My opinion on Conner's biggest win is only based upon recent history. I'm sure cshs81 could name more important wins that were before my time in NKY. At any rate, I'll go with the victory in the closing seconds at Dixie in '04 when Trevor Stellman hit Lance Durbin for 60 plus yards and a victory as the biggest in recent history. My second choice would be the '02 victory over Southwestern down there. The Cougars had won only 2 games per season for the past few years and were looking for respect. They finally had a their first large senior class in a number of years. This group played with great heart as did Southwestern. An extra point in the second overtime was the deciding point as the Cougars won by 1. Both teams gave all they had that night as well.
  10. One more thing I meant to add to my other post, Highlands is one of my least favorite teams to have to compete against. Realizing that I won't be competing nor is it likely that anyone else posting here either, I would like to clarify the reasons. It has nothing to do with their records nor the seeming attitude that some perceive that the Birds have. I purposely changed my mindset when the Cougars played the Birds last year with great results. I was treated with the utmost respect among the Birds fans in the area where I was seated. In the past, I went to Ft. Thomas expecting to have problems and they were there. Most of them were caused by my attitude at the time. Perception has a lot to do with that and I've learned that in the past few years. There's nothing wrong with winning or being a winner. It is what we all want to do when we or our favorite team goes on any field of competition. It will be like that for these kids once they leave their respective high schools. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD - in high school athletics or in life. We must compete at our highest level at all times. I choose not to complain about those that are succeeding much as the Birds do every year, but to try and change the attitude of those associated with the teams I follow. Life is too short to harbor feelings of jealousy - a wasted and way overrated emotion! I don't mean for this to be directed toward anyone in particular - just to show that there are some NKY fans that try to understand the mindset in Ft. Thomas. Perhaps if we fans and athletes at the other less successful programs aspired to the Bird's expectations, we would all see successful results for our teams as well. I won't get to be there on Friday as I'll be stuck in Detroit, but I'll be pulling for the Cougars here as I follow the game on the internet posts on BGP. GO COUGARS!!!
  11. Since there is no one to speak up for the Cougars, I will have to make a feeble stab. The feeble part is due to the fact that I have not been able to observe practice on an every day basis much as I have for the past 6-7 years. I'm working out of town, but until some additional Cougars that are at home start chiming in, I'm going to attempt to bolster them as much as I can. If we lived in a perfect world, it would be wonderful to expect the Cougars to win this game. However, we don't live there nor do the Birds. The talent level is much higher across the board for the Birds than for my beloved Cougars - that is simply a fact and not a slam for the Cougars. The talent is coming for the Cougars, in fact some will be seen with the young sophomores that will be playing Friday. They'll get better as the season progresses and this game will help. Although there are not as many seniors as one would like, the ones at there are supremely committed to their team and coaches. They will compete on Friday, of that I"m sure. They'll show much heart - I'm sure of that as well. Tom will have a decent plan for a victory, but the depth that the Birds have will win out in the end most likely, though. Final Score - Birds 35 Cougars 10 Go COUGARS!!!! PROVE ME WRONG!!!!
  12. A name to remember from the Conner Cougars is Houston Dockery. It's hard to tell if he's more of a force on offense at RB or defense at LB. He's a hard worker and has been for a few years. I've been wrong before, but I believe he will be a keeper for the Cougars!
  13. Now we have someone who has made some since in this thread!
  14. Watusi, I'm really glad that you posted this again. Last season when you posted it, I swore to myself that I would try to follow it. Many of the posters that have been on here for awhile, know that I have been an ardent fan of the Conner Cougars (still am, too). My son was a senior on last year's team and went through a great deal of adversity with the season the Cougars had last year. There had been 3 really great seasons in the past (other than the playoff losses), but last year really took a lot out of these young men. I tried very hard to continue to follow these commandments mostly with success even with the adversity. It made a less than ideal season almost bearable (for me at least). I watched those young men as the wheels fell off during the season and they never gave up. It all came together during the last game with the victory over Boone Co. I learned that this really is just a game for the kids. I'm still a passionate football fan, but I learned to keep things in perspective last season. This year I find myself in Detroit on another project for the season. I will have to miss some of the Cougar's games this year for the first time in 10 years. I'll be there when I can and keep up with them and all of the Kentucky teams as best I can on BGP (thanks 'Ru for all you do). For those of you that have sons that are seniors, you need to relish each moment and game, even if the outcome is not what you want or expect. Life continues to go on regardless of the outcome. But then again you know that since football is life as the saying goes.
  15. Conner is the team that I root for the most due to having 2 sons graduate from there. After the Cougars, I also root for Boone Co. and Ryle since they are in the same County as the Cougars plus I've known a number of their players over the years as a youth coach in various sports in the past. I also root for Beechwood, CovCath and Highlands here in NKY as well as usually one of the local teams that always seem to come from nowhere to have an awesome season such as last season's Campbell County team and Ludlow the past couple of years. This season will be bittersweet for me since for the first time in 12 years I no longer will have a son playing the game I came to love as a young man growing up in West Tennessee. Further, I have to go up to Detroit to work for awhile and will likely be traveling on Friday evenings to return home. I guess I'll have to catch a few JV games on Saturday mornings.
  16. Keep quoting that mantra! That is the bottom line, IMHO.
  17. Didn't they win the state in wrestling back in the early 80's? I'm not sure about that, but I was thinking they did.
  18. 5 Bell Co. 3 Henry Clay 3 Christian Co. 1 Boyle Co. 1 Highlands 1 DeSales 1 Danville 1 NCC 1 Paintsville 1 Ft. Campbell Tiebreaker 21 points
  19. Yes they did shut down SK's running game. No offense to SK, but their running game doesn't begin to even compare to Boone's running game. Corey Farris is all that and more. That being said, I still don't think that Boone will win. There secondary is a concern and I know how Trinity can throw the ball. But it shoud be a shootout for about 3 quarters then Trinity just pulls aways with it. Trinity - 38 Boone -21
  20. 5 Cov Cath 3 Beechwood 3 Christian County 1 Trigg Co. 1 Bell County 1 Ashland 1 Dunbar 1 Pikeville 1 Newport 1 Russell Tiebreaker 21 points
  21. For Conner it has to be Boone Co. Even though the Cougars have won the past 2 regular season games, I have to give the Rebels their props for winning the one that really mattered, last year's 2nd round playoff game.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.