Everything posted by TubbyCAT
-
Augusta 59 Nicholas Co. 48
Congrats to Coach Kelsch and the Panthers. Good luck Friday night!
-
Mason Co. Hoops
I always liked watching Shawn Myrick play and Chris Lofton is always a favorite, along w/Deron Feldhaus, Kyle Sherman, and PJ Mack!!!
-
Bracken County 26 Brossart 25 (Freshman)
Always big to get a win over the ladies from Brossart, congrats to the young Lady Bears and their coach!
-
Augusta @ Nicholas Co. All A predictions
Panthers in a close one, would be a nice win for Coach Kelsch and his team!
-
St. Pat vs. Bracken County All A Classic Predictions
The Polar Bears are playing pretty well right now. I'll go w/Coach Fite and da BEARS!!!!!
-
Pendleton 53 Bracken Co. 47
Is girls basketball supposed to be soft? I didn't see the game last night, but have watched both teams play in the past, physical play is a part of the game. I seriously doubt it was done w/intnet, it is just a part of the game.
-
If you only could pick one coach?
I'd probably go w/Mike Reitz as well. He hasn't had the success at Campbell County I think everyone thought he would, but he can coach and his career shows it!
-
Mason County 73 Lex Cath 68 2OTs
Darius had a GREAT game,he had nice floor game,Great leadership,just all around Great game. No agenda, just a serious question. I noticed a couple of kids who warmed up that were playing earlier in the season, but didn't hit the floor Friday night. Just a wandering mind???
-
Bracken County's Top player
Amen to that Teach, Kauinui's improving her decision making would definitely help the Lady Bears and they could use some help. It has been a rough season so far!
-
Mason County 73 Lex Cath 68 2OTs
I 1000% agree w/them improving his teammates, that is usually a big repsonsibilty of the coaching staff. How about this novelty, let some of those kids who are sitting the bench that can actually play, let them play based on ability and effort and work-ethic.
-
Mason County 73 Lex Cath 68 2OTs
Maybe some of that drive you are not seeing should be coming from that coaching staff pushing the kid a bit more. I don't really see that staff doing the necessary things to try and motivate any kid or push him during the game, let alone one of the top-30 juniors in the nation. A tremendous talent that can do pretty much anything w/the ball. Some of his passes are the kind that teammates just cannot handle. I see plenty of drive in Darius, but I do think this staff has mishandled this talent.
-
Bracken County's Top player
From what I have gathered, she was suspended for Conduct Detrimental to the team. It is a coaches decision I presume, maybe they have a set # of games she has to sit out. She is the best athlete for sure!!!
-
Who is your school's best Coach of all time?
Bobby Keith may be the best coach in the history of Kentucky High School basketball!
-
Bush League
I totally agree w/everyone that this is cheating. I am just reporting what I saw in this particular instance.
-
Bush League
The switching of the jerseys happened and the parents didn't have a clue it had happened b/c it happened in the locker room. The girls immediately went back to the locker room and changed their jerseys.
-
Pendleton County 61 Brossart 58
Big win for PC and Coach Simms, they needed a win like this!
-
Bush League
A fan of the other team noticed it when they came out from the locker room after half-time and called his coaches attention to it. It was one of the craziest things I have ever seen. There was no techinical foul given and the coach made up a lame story about something happening in the locker room at halftime. The better of the two sisters was about 12 more points per night better than her sister and had 4 fouls at halftime compared to none for her sister. The jerseys were switched back and the sister w/4 fouls fouled out early in the 4th quarter!
-
Nicholas Co. 42 Bracken Co. 36
I hope the Lady Bears can turn it around, if not this will be a VERY long season for the gals from Brooksville!!!
-
Bush League
The powerhouse team never reached the century mark due to some friendly calls from the officials down the stretch if you follow my drift. I also was at a HS girls game one time where a coach got two sisters, who were not twins, to switch jerseys (#'s). The two looked very much a like and the coach actually tried to get the sister who was a bit better and had more fouls back in the game w/the different #. Very bizarre and it did not work!
-
Top Assistants
I am not saying who is the best or who is not the best. However, I will say I think Patrick Kelsch at Bracken County does a very good job and has been at the school for a few years now. He understands the game and seems to really work hard at being a better coach. In my honest opinion, he should have been considered more strongly after Brad Wolfzorn resigned and Molly Schultz got the position. It would have been a perfect fit, the assistant to Wolfzorn moves up and takes over the program. However, the Bracken administration went w/the unknown in Schultz. Time will tell how that works out!
-
Mason vs. Lexington Cath. Predictions
I think Mason County gets the win by 10+!!!
-
10th Region Tournament Restructure Ruling
I think someone needs to go back to the drawing board on this one!!!
-
Bush League
I witnessed a game a few years back where a 10th region girls power was beating another 10th region girls team that was not considered a power by any means by 50+ points. At the end of the 4th quarter when the winning team got to 98 points they started keeping one and two girls back on their offensive end so they could try and reach the century mark w/an easy outlet. They also pressed for most of the evening and was running a trapping defense in the 4th quarter trying to get steals. It was a disgusting thing to watch and I felt terrible for the team that was losing, it was a complete slap in their faces. I knew one of the refs in that game very well and he told me he had never seen anything like it in his 20+ years of reffing.
-
Bracken Co./Nicholas Co. Predictions (ALL A)
Nicholas may get the win here, the Lady Bears will miss Kauinui for sure. I don't think either team has a legitimate chance at a second win in the Class A.
-
Who is your school's best Coach of all time?
Daniel Fisher is a very good guy and has been good for Bracken County schools. However, I do not think he would be considered the best coach ever at Bracken County, I doubt he makes their top-5. Good guy though!!!!!