Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby's Best Friend

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tubby's Best Friend

  1. I know the Allen Central fans thought they got the short end of the stick last season at Raceland with the officiating. And there was some discussion on BGP. All quiet on this game so far, what's the scoop?
  2. My child had a youth league game at 11:15 in the Ashland area and the roads I traveled were covered except for one lane on the highway. I dont live in the rural part of the area so I would imagine those roads were much worse. I've been on roads in Greenup Co. weeks after main roads were cleared and they still be snow covered and dangerous. Just a hypothetical for everyone. A 17-Year old junior drives his car to high school to meet the bus for a Basketball Game in the Desert Classic and slides into a tree on the way there on snow covered roads and is killed. Where does the responsibility lie? Superintendent? Coach? School? Desert Classic? Fans? Parents? Tennager?
  3. Looks like a nice win for the Ramblers. This is the same Bellevue team that lost to New Cath in Overtime in the All A Region. And we know what New Cath did to our 16th rep in Richmond. Congrats Ramblers.
  4. Same draw for the girls??? Seeding for the girls also???
  5. Starters played the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half, before any substitutions in half #2. If they cant get it rolling in 5 minutes of action in a full court press, then you need to check their pulse. They just didnt knock down any shots, there were good shots, just none going thru the net. I always thought basketball was a TEAM sport. Many kids today have more about me than team. Is there no pride in wearing the jersey? Are you about winning and playing 100% when you are in the game or just about your minutes. A great coach once asked of his team, would you, Starter #1 be just as happy for the team if they won and you played 0 minutes as you would if you played 32 minutes and we lost? If you are about PT over winning and being a great teammate, you can never build a championship TEAM. I dont believe my Ramblers are a team of individuals. They are great kids that I enjoy watching lay it on the line each game. Dont put yourself above the team, resist the temptation Devil has laid before you to question who plays and when, and work harder to achieve the team goals you set for that Raceland Jersey and everything will fall into place. GO RAMBLERS
  6. Blue Blazer, we disagree again. Bottomline, kids shouldnt lose the right to play in their gym because of the POSSIBILITY that it might sell out. Where is the line drawn? Diddle Arena at Western KY actually has lowered their seating capacity over the years, sometimes there are things more important than the $$$$$$ or whether everyone sees the game or not. Everyone that wants to see Oak Hill-North College will not get to see it. Should we move it to the RCA Dome to appease everyone? I am surprised you dont put the kids ahead of everyone. I say let the host team be just that and host the tourney at least long enough for them to play at home.
  7. Congrats to Rose Hill. Special nights like these are the endearing qualities that high school athletics are all about. I understand all of the situations with crowds and fitting and not fitting and the money, blah, blah, blah. But it is a shame that these Rose Hill kids dont get the opportunity to play THEIR district tourney on THEIR court with THEIR rims and THEIR surroundings.
  8. Some nights the old orange pill doesnt find a resting place in that circle. Ramblers will bounce back. Congratulations to Raceland's Jacob Sparks for throwing down the first dunk in "The Palace". Funny thing was it was early in the 3rd and cut it to a 3 or 5 point East lead and the energy seemed to be shading towards Raceland, but several trips down the court and getting good looks at the basket the Ramblers just couldnt find the range and East drilled some big shots and it went south from there. Flush it and move on Ramblers!!!!!
  9. Actually teams can no longer play up. That went out many years ago.
  10. Kasey Clark decided when his parents moved to stay a Devil, He would be ineligible at Raceland. I dont think any RamFan is drooling.
  11. How many games can a kid miss after quitting and then rejoin the team? What are we teaching young adults?
  12. I would say Raceland attacked the basket more than Elliott. Elliott shot more 3's as well as Weddingtons numerous fadeaways. Tolliver is consistently putting pressure on teams by driving the lane. There will be a gap in FT in games, but it shouldnt be as wide as the games this week. People speak of Elliotts aggressive defense, I wouldn't think fouls would be 13-5 or thereabout in a half.
  13. I'm sure you're the President of Fathead's. There's no doubt about that. Now the Maroon Blazer finds a place in the closet until baseball season???
  14. Why or why not is all inclusive with question #1.... :thumb: :laugh:
  15. Don't be tryin' to get some of my props here on preps, Tubbyball. There is only one TBF.
  16. No chatter about this game? I was told it was competitive throughout. Not much separating those at the top, middle, and bottom of the 16th Poll.
  17. Welcome to James A. Anderson Gymnasium. I will add though that I heard the end of the game and Ashland did shoot a few down the stretch when Elliott was forced to foul, so it might not be as bad as it looks.
  18. Why are the private schools dominating? This is question #2. What about an answer to that?
  19. Just what I was going to say. But I was going to add that Ashland averages 55 a game.
  20. Guru posted this question, knowing it would become a BGP Instant Classic.... Yet there hasnt been many direct answers to either question. I posted the number of participants vs the number of privates. So what do you think concerning question #2 asked by Guru?
  21. Sick before I even saw him upon his return. Maybe my illness came from contact with the Blue/Orange/Maroon Blazer.
  22. What better to do when you are home sick? Get a few laughs on BGP. Maroon Blazer.... :lol:

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.