Elliott Co. 67 Raceland 59

RA09

Elliott holds off the Rams at the Palace. Weddington awarded player of the game for Elliott and Jachob Sparks for Raceland. Both played well. Good win for Elliott to get back on track after the lost to Ashland.

Rams dropped third in a row. But all have been close. Hopefully Rams dont lose confidence in their abilities. They are palying some very good teams real close. Would like to see free throw difference tonight also. Lately the Rams can't get to the line. Raceland doesnt get to the bonus in either half tonight as like the fairview game. Why can't the Rams get any love from the officials? Home or away, it doesnt matter. The difference in total fouls is huge against the Rams. :confused:

Tonight, Weddington was a man among boys. He is the driving force for Elliott. As he goes, so go the Lions. He does all the little things needed done for this team. He rebounds and scores, or dishes out to the great shooters spotting up. Sparks , for Raceland , also played great. He's starting to realize how to score more and not just shooting from the outside. Jacob will have a very good career in Raceland.

Rams will try and regroup this week and maybe win some of these close ones. They need to rebuild their chemistry and regain back the confidence some have lost.

I thought Ferguson had an excellent game for Elliott but Sparks was outstanding for Raceland. I'll never figure out why Mays puts his worst defender on some of the best players in the region. The foul count had a lot to do with Elliott's penetration on offense and pretty good defensive blocking out on the boards, as well as Raceland having to foul at the end of the game.

I thought Ferguson had an excellent game for Elliott but Sparks was outstanding for Raceland. I'll never figure out why Mays puts his worst defender on some of the best players in the region. The foul count had a lot to do with Elliott's penetration on offense and pretty good defensive blocking out on the boards, as well as Raceland having to foul at the end of the game.

At the end? What about the rest of the game? Rams were going inside a lot last night and could not get a call. Whereas it seemed every little touch brought a whistle against Raceland.

I would say Raceland attacked the basket more than Elliott. Elliott shot more 3's as well as Weddingtons numerous fadeaways. Tolliver is consistently putting pressure on teams by driving the lane. There will be a gap in FT in games, but it shouldnt be as wide as the games this week. People speak of Elliotts aggressive defense, I wouldn't think fouls would be 13-5 or thereabout in a half.

Who did Mays have guarding Sparks in this game?