Everything posted by Tubby's Best Friend
-
Should there be no district tournaments?
I prefer option 1 as well. I am a big fan of history and District Tourney's of past. But I am so sick of this District Seeding whining that I wish they would eliminate district play and go straight to region play. Plus this would force teams to compete with one another inside the region and still allow you plenty of games to schedule outside region.
-
64th District Draw Results
I figured it was something major as to why they wouldnt want to play it there. Thanks for clearing it up. I knew it wasnt selfishness and greed.
-
Should there be no district tournaments?
Two ways I see it. 1. Everyone plays each other once and seed by records. 2. Have a meeting virtually like the NCAA and seed the brackets. I know this will lead to heated debate but it can be done. Ohio does something similar in they have a meeting to seed their sectionals, I believe.
-
Should there be no district tournaments?
With the great divide on seeding and the KHSAA applying formulas to keep small schools with small gymnasiums from playing district tournaments on their floors, has the time come to go straight to regional play and seed all the teams from your region. It should make for an exciting tournament. Everybody gets the opportunity to participate, seeding guarantees that none of the so-called best teams have to face each other in early rounds, a lot of regions get to play on neutral floors. Every region takes two weeks to get thru District and Regional so it won't take any additional time to play a single region tourney. What you say prepers?
-
64th District Draw Results
Why would Fairview want to play Boyd Co. on their home floor? It's obvious, Raceland is a neutral floor. Since Rose Hill had the tourney taken from their arena, why should they or anyone else be put in the position to play a team on their home floor? Is Boyd Co. going to give their turn to Ashland next time the tourney is Boyd's to run? Basically every year Rose Hill and Fairview will be faced with playing somebody on their home floor. That is inherently wrong.
-
64th District Draw Results
Do the Ashland people wish not to discuss this? Why would the Tomcats prefer to play at Boyd rather than Raceland?
-
Raceland 58 Greenup 55
Good win for the Ramblers at the sweltering Greenhouse.
-
BEST PLAYER IN 16TH
You guys might need a little history lesson, but RickyPitino was the head coach that chose not to recruit JR. You guys will find plenty of room on that Louisville bandwagon. After todays 9 point loss to powerhouse Rutgers, the Cards are 2-5 in the Big East. I never understand why people in our area are so negative about supporting whomever makes something big of themselves. If Jon Vanhoose gets a scholly to UK why not be proud and happy? If he plays or doesnt play while on that bench in the UK uni, how about supporting him 100%. Good Luck Jon!!!
-
Raceland 49 Bath 36
Long before your blood got all thickened with that maroon color, Raceland and Russell would meet in a preseason scrimmage. Quite a bit of dough was gathered up just taking $1 donations. As for a gate, prior to the 2000 season there is no question that a Raceland-Russell game would have had a bigger gate than Boyd-Russell. But for now I have no problem with the Russell-Boyd situation, I think its asinine though to think Boyd brings double the crowd that Raceland would for a battle with the almighty Devils. The beauty of your last sentence is that you are comfortable knowing that your AA district and Class is littered with mediocrity. As for the Ramblers coaching decisions, only the coaching staff see's the players on a day to day basis. Practice generally determines these decisions. Strategies and substitutions aside, I feel comfortable that every coach on every team makes the changes that he feels help swing a game in his favor. No coach plays to lose. Coaches put players in situations they feel they can be successful and help the team be successful. Us fans can't watch only games to know whom or when those situations will present themselves, but rest assured every coach looks for that perfect place to get a player in position to help himself and the team.
-
64th District Draw Results
I thought there was a possibility for this tourney to be held at Raceland in "The Palace"?
-
Russell vs Rowan predictions
Is that Hold? Or Grab? Or Shove? Or Push?
-
Raceland 44 Pikeville 42
Maybe Raceland played lazy and cold also, following a 2 hour bus ride. Neither team had preparation time since this was a late season addition for both teams. The All A Classic is a bad situation in this aspect. Teams scrambling to find games to play after losing in the All A region tourney. I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in this game for either team, it was good for both teams to find playing time to help prepare for District and Regional Tournaments. I am especially happy to get an opportunity to rub in a Raceland win on my Father-In-Law. He is a Pikeville grad who was All-State in Basketball and Football and is in the PHS Hall of Fame. Good Job Ramblers.
-
16th Region Poll 1/22/06
Ill take the bait since me and Cubster are arch enemies. But what would you guys have to talk about if I come here and say every week: I agree with Cub, Good Poll :dancingpa . That isnt any fun. The whole idea of preps is to incite the crowd. I never said Fairview should be number 1 just said may be. Food for thought, food for thought.
-
Raceland 49 Bath 36
Since I have to reply to Bilas. I will give you this food for thought on this football stuff. Raceland and Russell do not play football against each other because of Ivan McGlone. Not bashing the coach so dont jump the gun Russell and IvanBall fans, but its a fact. All this banter is pure conjecture, but many people believe on both sides Maroon and Orange that these teams that are about 2 miles apart should meet annually on the football field, then we wouldnt have to argue about who is the best, they could just decide it on the field. Anyway if you compare scores which is all we have to hypothesis with if Russell would have won the single A title are these: Russell-Newport 34-33 in OT and NewCath-Newport 49-20. Russell should be proud of their State Championship but keep a healthy respect for your opponents. Back to Basketball: Im glad you can remember how long it has been Jay. 33 years, you'd think as a yearly contender you would have sneaked in there at least once. I bet you didnt know that my nephew hit the game winner in the 16th region championship for the Devils some years ago only to have Frankie Francis wave it off? Instead of playing at Rupp he had to spend 4 days in the hotel with a bunch of Ramblers.
-
BEST PLAYER IN 16TH
The best question is which player makes his TEAM better. I couldnt resist to post here just so I could remind AT41 that his boy Wayne there is currently sitting on the bench of a 2-15 squad AND he got to choose his players rather than take what is at his disposal like Flynny. Be careful what you wish for. I didnt get to post my two cents worth on the other thread, but Mike Flynn has a pretty solid resume.
-
Raceland 49 Bath 36
We will see if Doddymania will reign supreme come March. Teams that limp throughout the season sometimes cant find that last gear to kick into in late February, early March. All eyes will be on the cover boys of the Dodd Squad. BTW I dont think I would call it "on the ropes". Raceland led the entire game and substituted liberally throughout. But the Cardiac Rams made it close in the last minute just to give the fans something to talk about on BGP. :jump:
-
16th Region Poll 1/22/06
Need to get this back to the front page after Elliotts win over Morgan in West Liberty. Where do we go now? Fairview may deserve the top spot with a 16-3 record and those 3 loses coming to teams with a combined record of 42-14.
-
Lawrence Co. 54 Rose Hill 51
Lawrence probably turned the dimmer switch down on the lights in the 4th quarter. I love the mood lighting there. I'm thinking of taking the wife there for our next anniversary and order dinner from the concession stand. Great Ambiance.
-
Raceland 49 Bath 36
Raceland does as many teams do, and substitutes following a free throw, to set their press. This is what happened in this game. Jacob Sparks hit a shot and was fouled inside the first minute and Raceland substituted following the made free throw. As for the starters taking over the 4th, I'm not sure. But they started the 2nd half. It's a team game and everyone is responsible for wins and losses. Regardless of whom plays. Nice victory for the Ramblers. I would think a true Devil fan would be at the Furnace to watch Russell struggle with 4-13 Lewis, just as they struggled with 5-13 Lawrence last Tuesday at home. The Pre-Season #1 should be as you say "blowing out these teams".
-
Should Fairview High School Be Allowed to host the All A Classic again?
Eagle 8 is correct that Wetherby has been seriously considered. It, in fact was secured for the finals that Eagle mentioned, but as he said Menifees' AD chose to refuse the move. Therein is the problem, each school gets the opportunity to host and sometimes poor decisions, sometimes by mistake and other times from flat out horrible judgement, are made. In this case I feel Fairview underestimated the interest in these games and therefore the outcome was unavoidable. It's easy to make decisions after the fact. I have always defended the kids from the schools hosting have the right to play on their home court with their familiar surroundings. But there should be some contingency plans in place when you have 4 different schools represented in the finals. The easiest seems to be to split these two games. Probably all of the schools in the region can hold any 2 school matchup that might arise in the All A. There might be some exceptions but for most years this would solve most problems like occured this year. Then when that unlikely scenerio happens some common sense should be used and make a decision that is beneficial to all.
-
Fairview 78 Elliott County 48
Region 9 @ 1:30 Thursday. New Cath was the pre-season favorite, but looks like Beechwood might have the nod going into next weeks region tourney. Beechwood owns a win over Morgan from the 16th.
-
16th Region sleepers?
Boyd
-
Shelby Valley 91 David School 6
Sometimes life isnt fair. Good to learn that at an early age.
-
Shelby Valley 91 David School 6
Curious why SV would schedule David twice? Beat them in first game 102-17.
-
Ashland vs. Russell Predictions
If Ashland-Boyd meet in the finals, would the sound financial decision be to move the championship game? Or for that matter should those two play in an elimination game, would it not make good financial sense for it to move? I'd say we could hold that game at "The Palace" in Raceland should the Ramblers not play on the same night in the 63rd. Oh yes, Tomcats by 10.