Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should there be no district tournaments?

Should there be no district tournaments? And play only Regionals? 114 members have voted

  1. 1. Should there be no district tournaments? And play only Regionals?

    • No District Tourneys
      16%
      19
    • Keep the District Tourneys
      83%
      95

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

With the great divide on seeding and the KHSAA applying formulas to keep small schools with small gymnasiums from playing district tournaments on their floors, has the time come to go straight to regional play and seed all the teams from your region.

 

It should make for an exciting tournament. Everybody gets the opportunity to participate, seeding guarantees that none of the so-called best teams have to face each other in early rounds, a lot of regions get to play on neutral floors.

 

Every region takes two weeks to get thru District and Regional so it won't take any additional time to play a single region tourney.

 

What you say prepers?

  • Replies 38
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will you determine the seeding? Will everyone have to play each team in the region at least once?

  • Author

Two ways I see it.

 

1. Everyone plays each other once and seed by records.

 

2. Have a meeting virtually like the NCAA and seed the brackets. I know this will lead to heated debate but it can be done. Ohio does something similar in they have a meeting to seed their sectionals, I believe.

Two ways I see it.

 

1. Everyone plays each other once and seed by records.

 

2. Have a meeting virtually like the NCAA and seed the brackets. I know this will lead to heated debate but it can be done. Ohio does something similar in they have a meeting to seed their sectionals, I believe.

 

 

The only way I would vote to do away with the districts and seed the region would to go by option #1. That would eliminate the politics that would obviously take place if option #2 were used.

  • Author
The only way I would vote to do away with the districts and seed the region would to go by option #1. That would eliminate the politics that would obviously take place if option #2 were used.

 

 

I prefer option 1 as well.

 

I am a big fan of history and District Tourney's of past. But I am so sick of this District Seeding whining that I wish they would eliminate district play and go straight to region play. Plus this would force teams to compete with one another inside the region and still allow you plenty of games to schedule outside region.

In Ohio, the meeting is with all head coach's and the coach's vote to seed the sectionals and the meeting does not end until everyone is happy.

Option 1.

 

If Option 2 were in effect, the richer school districts would win every time. (buying votes, etc.)

Tubby, no need for everyone to play each other. Would a #16 losing to a #1 have any impact on seeding? Teams normally schedule based on returning talent so there will be plenty of games between teams of similar stature. Coaches could openly rank teams 1-16 (16 teams in the 16th region). I'm sure some coaches would pat each other on the back (favorable rankings) but in an open meeting you run the risk of looking foolish. This would certainly put more emphasis on regular season games. I have too many ideas on this subject and it's time to get ready for church.

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of dsitricts that don't seed can't because 2 or more teams refuse to play each other in the regular season. If they won't do it for district seeding, then how will they do it for regional seeding?

The only way I would vote to do away with the districts and seed the region would to go by option #1. That would eliminate the politics that would obviously take place if option #2 were used.

:thumb:

If I'm not mistaken, a lot of dsitricts that don't seed can't because 2 or more teams refuse to play each other in the regular season. If they won't do it for district seeding, then how will they do it for regional seeding?

If you seed you MUST play each other or it goes as a loss on your record.Thats how all districts which seed do it.

If you seed you MUST play each other or it goes as a loss on your record.Thats how all districts which seed do it.

I could be wrong, but isn't this the reason Ashland supported a draw. Because the didn't want to play Rose Hill with their limited talent? I am not well informed and I was wondering.

Maybe the dumbest question ever on BGP...... District tourney time is the most exciting time in any young basketball players life!!!!!!!!

I like the idea.

1.Each April schools could have a meeting where scheduling is done to ensure each team plays an equal amount of home and away games. Everybody plays each other 1 times.

 

2. Each region would be handled like a conference. They could maintain a web site where they could keep the standings updated for the public.

 

3. All first round games would be played at the home of a lower seed. May be the need for play in games.

 

4. Once there are 8 teams left, play all the games at the same venue like just like the region is held now.

Lets just have a "big regional" made up of district tourneys with no two teams playing on their home floor. Seed the teams and let them play at different locations. The winner advances, rather than the winner and runner-up on to the rest of the regional. But because of the money from the Districts and the extra team playing in the Regional, this will never happen.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.