East Carter 54 Raceland 37

Some nights the old orange pill doesnt find a resting place in that circle.

Ramblers will bounce back.

Congratulations to Raceland's Jacob Sparks for throwing down the first dunk in "The Palace".

Funny thing was it was early in the 3rd and cut it to a 3 or 5 point East lead and the energy seemed to be shading towards Raceland, but several trips down the court and getting good looks at the basket the Ramblers just couldnt find the range and East drilled some big shots and it went south from there.

Flush it and move on Ramblers!!!!!

All I can say is ugly game. Rams shot horrible. Close game the last time these 2 hooked up. Tonight East ran their offense perfectly. Raceland is on a 4 game skid and needs to right the ship before districts. :confused: :madman:

Sounds like East Carter ran their defense perfectly also!! 37 points??

Why is it that some of the better shooters spend so much time on the bench? Is it a coincidence that this 4 game losing streak is happening at the same time that the bench players are playing more minutes? The people that sit around me wonder what is going on with this team we they see underclassman playing more minutes than some of the starters. Haven't these Seniors earned there playing time yet? 37 pts. is just pittiful. It does no good to hold an opponent to a low score if your team can't score more than them. I understand that you have to use your bench, but they should not play more than the starters. You have to let your players get loose and into the game before being pulled out. This team was rolling along with all the starters contributing equally. But know it seems the coaches what to try something new.

Hope the Rams can pull it together to make a run for the district. If not My Devils will run them off the floor. Lets take the THUMB of the players and give them a chance. I know TBF and Statmaster are going to tell me to mind my own business, and worry about my Devils, but I've got connection with both teams, and believe me I'm not the only one with these thoughts just enough guts to mention it. Come on RAMS get it together.

:fire: :fire: :fire:

Starters played the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half, before any substitutions in half #2. If they cant get it rolling in 5 minutes of action in a full court press, then you need to check their pulse. They just didnt knock down any shots, there were good shots, just none going thru the net.

I always thought basketball was a TEAM sport. Many kids today have more about me than team. Is there no pride in wearing the jersey? Are you about winning and playing 100% when you are in the game or just about your minutes. A great coach once asked of his team, would you, Starter #1 be just as happy for the team if they won and you played 0 minutes as you would if you played 32 minutes and we lost? If you are about PT over winning and being a great teammate, you can never build a championship TEAM.

I dont believe my Ramblers are a team of individuals. They are great kids that I enjoy watching lay it on the line each game. Dont put yourself above the team, resist the temptation Devil has laid before you to question who plays and when, and work harder to achieve the team goals you set for that Raceland Jersey and everything will fall into place.

GO RAMBLERS

It is a team sport. It is the coaches job,( not ours) to put the right lineup in. TBF is right in that the Ram players are about the team. Tonight the shots weren't falling. The subs did come in earlier than 5 min. into 3rd quarter. Actually 1 sub. A defensive player. The player that came out never complains and does what is asked of him. He has busted his butt for 4 yrs. and has paid his dues. TBF, we both watch this team a lot, we know he is always coming out, ( right or wrong) everyone has their own opinion on this. You are right, he is very much about the team and I've never heard him complain about it. But, there are times when his shooting is needed and he still comes out. Also, he is not a defensive liability. I dont know if you know me, but I know the coaches do. This player bleeds orange through and through and hopefully he will not feel the repercussions of what is posted here. He truly is about the team. But come on, lets show him the respect he has earned for his hard work for 4 yrs. also. Maybe the substitution pattern (asst. coach) is not aware that its the same player losing minutes game in game out. Just be fair and consistent. No one player on this team is head and shoulders above anyone else. They've shown that with the equal production this season. Go RAMS, get back on track before districts and bring it home.

Is it late night in Raceland? I knew it was coming from both of you.

Put yourself in the players Nikes :D You are a Senior, Bleed Orange & Black, as Statmaster says, done your bench time as an underclassman, waited for your time to start, plays hard, never quits, always gives 100%. And then you are one of the 1st to be pulled every time. Sometime only playing 12,13,15,17 minutes a game. If the subs are that good. Maybe they should start? I have watched a few games and even you 2 know that more than one player has off nights. Do the other players lose playing time when they have bad games. Remember 1 game this season when a player on the team had 9 turnovers and made only 1-2 shots, but played at least 30 -31 minutes of the 32. As you can see I bleed Maroon & Gold. As you can see in the Region, a lot of players have quit on their teams this season, mine included. I know the Rams players consider themselves a tight group and respect each other and they play all sports together. I have talked to some of the players and even they are confused sometimes as to what is going on. I hope the Rams do get it going by the 28th. Cause I know these players worked hard all year. You 2 know, no hard fellings, I was just wondering, as are a lot of people, why the same player is taken out all the time. I even saw at the Russell game, that the coach forced 1 player off the bench, because of the players attitude during the game. This incident didn't seem to effect this players future playing time. :fire: :fire: :fire:

Hey, coaches should be happy if a player gets a little mad about playing time. Who wants a player who doesnt care if he plays. If a player is unhappy it's not a problem unless the player lets it become one. All players have to make the most of the time they get on the floor and support their teammates while on the bench. ALL the Ram players support each other. They are a TEAM , and will pull together for their run at a district title. So, for any Ram who reads here, stay strong with each other..... TOGETHER. :banana: :ylsuper: :jump:

Tough loss at home for the Rams!!

Rams just did not play well.

As TBF and Statmaster stated.... Shots

just were not falling, good shots just not

going in.

I thought East did a good job of controlling

the tempo and hitting the big shots when

needed.

Rams also shot poorly from the free throw line.

Let's Go Rams!!

Finish out the season strong and prepare to

meet the Devils!

I will say the same thing as I said at a similar time last year. How many coaches in the 16th Region would swap their personnel/players man-up for Raceland's?? I would guess that it would be 2 or 3 at the most. I might be completely off base but in my mind Coach Shawn Johnson, and his staff, get the most possible from the players in their stead. I would think there wouldn't be a former player of his that couldn't say that from a "fundamentals" perspective that they were not a "much better player" than they were prior. You might not like his style of play but his record stands for itself. JMHO! :thumb:

I will say the same thing as I said at a similar time last year. How many coaches in the 16th Region would swap their personnel/players man-up for Raceland's?? I would guess that it would be 2 or 3 at the most. I might be completely off base but in my mind Coach Shawn Johnson, and his staff, get the most possible from the players in their stead. I would think there wouldn't be a former player of his that couldn't say that from a "fundamentals" perspective that they were not a "much better player" than they were prior. You might not like his style of play but his record stands for itself. JMHO! :thumb:

I agree!! :thumb: