Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubby's Best Friend

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tubby's Best Friend

  1. I think all of the 4 reps from regions 13-16 have been "out of the sticks" this season. They'll be OK, thanks for the concern though.
  2. Thanks Bea, Every game is filled with questionable calls and this game was no different. Calls I agreed with, calls I disagreed with. But I didnt leave the arena thinking either team got a "Raw Deal". Nor did I think it was "Poorly Officiated". I do believe the trend to allow teams to "decide it on the floor" has led to much more physical play than should be allowed. Hand checks, bumps, pushing, holding has become the norm. It is a gray debate for sure, what constitutes a foul in today's game. But I believe some of the officials in the 16th, especially the top officials are fairly consistent with their calls and interpretations. I just disagree with the amount of physical grabbing and holding that is allowed to go on. But I know there are plenty of people that disagree with me, and thats OK.
  3. South Laurel is a mountain region team, they dont seem to be too star struck by Rupp and all that goes with it.
  4. It is interesting to read (the beauty of BGP) everyones view of the same game. I saw some calls that could have gone the other way. 32 minutes of basketball will always bring some moments that can be debated. These 3 officials, as human as all of us, try extremely hard to call an excellent game. You wont find a better trio of officials. The Devil fans are upset over physical play? This team alongside Morgan are the two most physical teams in the region. When the fouls are lopsided in the Devils favor the other team just fouls more, maybe last night the Devils committed more fouls. But you cant look at total free throws and say the officials called a bad game. The few times I've pointed out a large discrepency at the free throw line I am summarily blasted here on Preps. The 3 officials are great individuals who had the guts to put on the striped uniform and call the region championship along with a years full of games. Much more than any of us FANS are willing to do. No matter how the call of a game goes, most times they get very little thanks for their efforts. And tonight they have been blistered to the point of being called cheaters. These guys dont deserve that. As a followup to my statement of the former Devil. UKCATSFAN says it is a cheap shot. I certainly was not taking a cheap shot. When one of the regions top players and in some circles considered the regions top defender, leaves a basketball team with 5 games left in the season and that team carries on to a region title then that is newsworthy. I only wondered if he had 2nd thoughts about the decision. Relax.
  5. I didnt think either team took an inordinant amount of bad calls, but the sequence at the end of the half certainly changed the outcome of the game. Elliott got a steal and the ensuing layup would have cut the lead to 7. Instead the following sequence led to a Russell 16 point halftime bulge: Weddington going for the layup had the ball stripped from behind by Vanhoose. A potential foul but instead the ball went out of bounds and given to Elliott. The outside official stepped in and a discussion ensued and the call reversed giving the ball to Russell. After seeing the change Weddington slaps the floor on the opposite side from the two officials involved in the decision to reverse the call. The third official assesses a Technical. Russell hits both FT and then a 3 at the buzzer for the 16 point lead. The only thing I feel strongly about in that sequence was the T shouldnt have been called. Is slapping the floor any more demonstrative than a player jumping up in the air and spinning around after being called for a foul? Or a player jumping up and down and setting the ball down 10 feet out of bounds, or players pulling their jerseys over their head after getting a foul? All of which happened tonight without getting T'd up. This didnt win or lose the game for either team, it changed the course of the game without question. Congrats to Russell and to my buddy Duck. Enjoy the bright light of Rupp. Good Luck Devils. On a last note, does the former Red Devil who left during the season regret not getting the chance to pull on the sneakers and play in the temple called Rupp?
  6. I'm pretty certain it isnt a violation to throw the ball to another teammate out of bounds and then inbound it back to that player whom has stepped in play. Many teams run that play, passing across to the teammate stepping out of bounds and then inbounding it to the original inbounder. In fact I saw a Middle School game this season with the same scenerio on a spot throw in and during the flight of the ball across to the player stepping out of bounds to receive it, a player on the opposing team reached out and touched it and was assessed a technical foul for illegal touching.
  7. Princeton? Harvard? Brown? Navy? Army? I don't think these schools would be interested. I agree with Westsider there are more schools than you would think that will steer away from any possible controversy especially with the prospect of just a single season with them.
  8. I agree congratulations are certainly in order for West. Raceland pushed the Lady Comets to a 2 point halftime game, and made the run to begin the 4th period and West had the answer every time. The Lady Rams certainly have much to be proud of and to look forward to. 06-07 will be here before we know it.
  9. Your Welcome oldrambler. Not sure how long you have followed BGP, but I always refer to the basketball version of Raceland as Ramblers. I love the Rambler nickname, the original. History is so important, I wish todays young people had a better appreciation for it. I saw where Boone Co. ended the regular season with a win over the 9th Regions winningest team in Highlands.
  10. The field for next seasons Derby Classic is set. Raceland Russell West Carter Fairview Green Co. Richmond Model Warren East Boone County Should be a fun event.
  11. Rose Hill, I believe chose to play elsewhere next season.
  12. Should Rowan Co. and Fairview win tomorrow night, all 4 Semi-Finalists in the 16th Region Tournament will have been participants in the Raceland Derby Classic Tournament over Christmas. Maybe that hardened these teams for the Post-Season.
  13. Hot off the press. Quote: Well I guess I have a one and eight chance so right now I going to say that Drew McDavid and Matt and his ThomasCATS will climb up the Ladder at Ellis T Johnson Arena and CUT'EM DOWN! I think I told you this summer that Ashland would represent the 16th at Rupp Arena! and I'm going to stick with the TOMCATS!!!!!!! Ashland makes it 33 Regional titles and ROLLS INTO RUPP! Looks like Blue (or Maroon or Orange or Red) Blazers team has left the building. Tomcats have nothing to be ashamed of, they came up 2 points short tonight. Many Ashland fans are face down in the pool, but with the grueling schedule they had the season wasnt as bad as many want to make it seem. Coach Flynn does a tremendous job and works hard to put his players in positions to be successful.
  14. Wasnt dogging ya. Just pointing out that Fairview won and I do hope to get a title some day.:thumb:
  15. Fairview won the All A Region 78-48 over Elliott. If thats a choke then I hope I can gag to a title one of these days.:thumb:
  16. Raceland is glad to be everyones Lotto Number. We will show up and play.
  17. Russell and Rose Hill are in the same bracket. They would meet in the semis IF they both win.
  18. Chris Lacks signed to play football today at Campbellsville University. Chris was a Wide Receiver and Defensive Back at Raceland. Congratulations to Chris! Nice to see one of our local guys move on to the next level... Good Luck!!!
  19. I love the Ramblers. Congrats to the seniors, I have enjoyed watching and pulling for each of you. Pecos Osborne, Josh Miller, Thomas Tolliver, Zach Schwab, Daniel Clevenger, Brandon Hatfield. Duck1220, I appreciate the heartfelt, sincere handshake after the game, I could see in your happiness for your team you felt badly for my kids. Thank you and Good luck.
  20. We haven't even mentioned the tip in at the buzzer at the end of the 3rd Quarter for Greenup. That one was debateable as well. Personally I thought it came after the horn, but it was close. But it went GC's way also.
  21. Tough out for Coach Hampton and his kids. What a great effort. Congrats to Greenup's Corey Tharp, he came up big in his Senior district tourney elimination game. Glad for him to get to lace them up at Johnson Arena.
  22. I feel bad for my buddies in West Liberty. They will be back, they have built a splendid program. On the other side of the coin, you have to congratulate the kids and coaches from West.
  23. Much to say about last night!!! First and foremost, THE SENIORS. Pecos Osborn-As Statmaster said Classy. He steps up and allows the other 5 to start. I told him before the game and after how proud I was of him. Daniel Clevenger-What a tremendous job doing the National Anthem on Senior Night. Zach Schwab-Thomas Tolliver-Brandon Hatfield-Josh Miller- Duck1220 speaks of getting your money's worth, all 6 of these guys give the fans exactly that every time they take the floor. It doesnt come down to missed shots, turnovers, mistakes, its all about their effort and drive on the floor and the respect they have for that RACELAND across the chest of the jersey. They give us every ounce they have every day in practice and in the games. I will miss all of them playing for the Ramblers, I hope they have 6 magical games left in them for a storybook trip to Rupp, they certainly deserve it. All my close friends from Morgan, it was great to see you at The Palace. It is always a pleasure to talk with you guys before and after the game and I wish you good luck in Post-Season. Duck: He gives me the politicians handshake before and after the game then pops me on Preps for not dragging him to the concession stand. WOW. The only thing missing from our exchange was "Good Game". I've learned from ShooterX3 how to avoid losing money at the gym by buying the crowd goodies at the concession stand! Find me at the District and I'll get you something from the hospitality room... LOL You and I are in total agreement that hopefully our District Game will be one for the fans to remember, and good luck to both teams.
  24. A few weeks ago AT41 was face down in the pool. Now his Cats are 2B? But I'm sure Flynn had nothing to do with this improvement.
  25. I was told tonight that the FT was 31-9 in Allen Centrals favor. Also heard the game was tied 51-51 with 1:30 to go.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.