Everything posted by 79ram
-
Who are the WAY early 2026 favorites?
Pikeville is as most of us know, are always in the hunt. But previous championships don’t guarantee future championships. It’s based on a lot more factors than what Pikeville has done in the past.
-
Kentucky Country Day 20 Raceland 16 (1A State Championship)
Oh well, I'm getting tired of spending money only to watch them lose year after year. Raceland outplayed outgained them in yards and still lost ? Stick a fork in me I'm done!
-
Kentucky Country Day 20 Raceland 16 (1A State Championship)
I'm going with the Raceland Rams on this one!
-
Raceland 17 Pikeville 10
I believe Raceland is going to be going down memory lane on this one. With a little chip on their shoulders so Raceland wins this one.
-
State Championship Predictions
What teams are your final picks, who will be left standing on the carpet holding the trophy?
-
Is this the best week of football for the season?
Mr Guru I totally agree with your statement!
-
State Championship Predictions
Raceland over Cambellsville
-
Raceland 27 Paris 5
Raceland wins this one!
-
Pikeville 42 Middlesboro 12
Middlesboro
-
Williamsburg 24 Paintsville 8
Williamsburg
-
Playoff Withdrawals
Well believe what you want, none of this makes sense to send a team into the playoffs with a losing record against numbers 1-5 ranking, I think it’s demoralizing because they are going to get stomped.
-
Playoff Withdrawals
I believe your comment is correct, I think the reason why Khsaa started this playoff system was so that the schools who traditionally never made the playoffs would have that opportunity. Like I've posted on here before, it’s been said when 0-10 teams played against Raceland they would tell Raceland they wanted to get the game over with so they could go home! These teams knew that they didn’t deserve to be there playing in the playoffs in the first place!
-
What are the Potential Semi-Final Matchups?
The Belfry Mayfield game would be interesting…..
-
Raceland 20 East Carter 7
I will have to go with the Rams on this one!
-
Calling My Shot: Raceland 15-0 in 2025
I believe that once Raceland gets that first Championship it will be on of many!
-
Calling My Shot: Raceland 15-0 in 2025
So here’s my 2 cents on this subject. I've been a Raceland fan since 1976 I've watched this struggle through the eighties losing to Beechwood in the first round of the playoffs just about like every class A school did. But it was when we went down and played Williamsburg in the semifinals that you could see a big difference we went from having the small 40-50 man rosters to 60+ players on our team. I could smell a state final in the making. We lost to Williamsburg but Raceland has this grit about them and like I told some people each loss is just another part of the learning process. So I've said at the beginning of this year that Raceland will get it done either this year or next or possibly two years in a row. Besides the loss to Pikeville I still say that Raceland is still the legitimate number one team in class a this year.
-
Raceland 51 Nicholas County 14
I agree the Raceland game should be a no brainer everyone has been looking at this game between Cambellsville and KCD since the beginning of the season. A lot is at stake with how this game turns out!
-
Raceland 51 Nicholas County 14
I going with Raceland on this one!
-
Pikeville 24 Hazard 6
Hazard 23 Pikeville 20
-
Campbellsville 27 Kentucky Country Day 17
Cambellsville for the win.
-
BluegrassPreps.com Class 1A Football Rankings 10/13
I'm going with my home team Raceland for the win!
-
Rivalries
The Raceland/Paintsville rivalry was a hotly contested game. But Raceland back years ago used to have burn the devil pep rallies! It could get pretty intense at times. One year Raceland and Russell were playing and two spectators one from Russell and one Raceland got into a fight at the top of the bleachers and one of just about threw off from the top bleacher and after that the two schools decided to not play anymore. Then the game resumed after about thirty years or so lol.
-
Rivalries
Raceland vs Russell was always a good game.
-
Rivalries
Though I am not as knowledgeable about the upper classes I was going to say that the Mayfield/ Beechwood game always drew my interest!
-
Rivalries
What are your favorite rivalries, you know the games that you look forward too every year?