Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who are the WAY early 2026 favorites?

Featured Replies

Who are the WAY WAY WAY early 2026 favorites to win it all?

1A:

2A:

3A:

4A:

5A:

6A:

1A: Raceland, Campbellsville, Sayre

2A: LCA, Beechwood, Owensboro Cath., Belfry

3A: CAL, Bell Co.

4A: Boyle Co., Highlands, Cov. Cath., Corbin

5A: Cooper, Owensboro, Scott Co. Woodford Co.

6A: Trinity, South Warren, St. X, Frederick Douglass

1A: Campbellsville, Raceland, Pikeville

2A: Beechwood, LCA, O. Cath, Mayfield

3A: CAL

4A: Boyle, Highlands, Tilghman

5A: BG, Owensboro, Scott County

6A: Trinity, South Warren, Maybe X 

If CAL can really hang with Trinity, how do you not pick them? 

Pikeville

Beechwood

CAL

Boyle 

BG

Trinity

I’ve seen a few folks mention BG in 5A. Can someone tell us what they return or have coming in? I didn’t really keep up with them this season since we didn’t play them. 

I mainly kept up with 5A in 2025 so I’d say the winner in 2026 comes from the group of Owensboro, Atherton, Woodford Co., Pulaski Co., & Scott Co. I base that on what those teams bring back. I know Cooper loses their D1 QB. Not sure the makeup of the rest of their roster though. BG loses a D1 talent in Barber at WR. Not sure of the makeup of the rest of their roster either.

6 minutes ago, Ordell said:

I’ve seen a few folks mention BG in 5A. Can someone tell us what they return or have coming in? I didn’t really keep up with them this season since we didn’t play them. 

BGHS has a lot of questions to answer personnel wise before they should be considered an early favorite. I think they will be better than 4-6 in the regular season, but beyond that, their youth needs to grow up a bit in to their own. I’m not sure 2026 is the year that happens, but will remain hopeful. 

In 6A, I think it's going to be a mail the trophy type of year for Trinity. They return a lot since have very good junior class. The sophomore and Freshman classes are good so should provide depth to that junior class. 

Hazard would've been a favorite in 1A before the administration blew the doors off. It will be interesting to see if Gavin Johnson goes elsewhere. 

39 minutes ago, Ordell said:

I’ve seen a few folks mention BG in 5A. Can someone tell us what they return or have coming in? I didn’t really keep up with them this season since we didn’t play them. 

They return their Freshman QB that played the toughest schedule in KY last season that started after half time of St. X and got better each game.  They have a lot of freshman and sophomores that started or got significant playing time across the board.  Dline returns everyone but one. DBs return all but 1 corner.  Both OLB's return, but they lose both their Inside backers.  Offensively they return TE room, one of their main running backs, Their Oline only returns one starter, but several rotated in and will be back, then at WR they return a couple of guys that played a lot, but have a very talented young group of skill players that will be sophomores who will be very very good in the near future.

2 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

1A: Raceland, Campbellsville, Sayre

2A: LCA, Beechwood, Owensboro Cath., Belfry

3A: CAL, Bell Co.

4A: Boyle Co., Highlands, Cov. Cath., Corbin

5A: Cooper, Owensboro, Scott Co. Woodford Co.

6A: Trinity, South Warren, St. X, Frederick Douglass

Cooper?    I was expecting them to take a step back with the QB graduating.

5A Owensboro, Woodford, Scott, Pulaski

I’m sure Atherton and BG can finish up there too.

 

5A - Anyone saying anything other than Owensboro and Scott Co. is not a serious study of 5A. Owensboro returns their QB, an LB with big-time offers, and the Dillard kid. Scott Co. basically returns its entire team. 

Others
BG, Woodford, Atherton, Pulaski... and someone we're not aware of yet who will surprise us all. 

17 minutes ago, VF111 said:

5A - Anyone saying anything other than Owensboro and Scott Co. is not a serious study of 5A. Owensboro returns their QB, an LB with big-time offers, and the Dillard kid. Scott Co. basically returns its entire team. 

Others
BG, Woodford, Atherton, Pulaski... and someone we're not aware of yet who will surprise us all. 

Good call - I think Woodford’s QB/RB and main WR are juniors this year but don’t know what else.  2-A Beechwood returns the QB, RB and I believe the speedster WR - they will be on top IMO unless I’m missing something.

 

On Owensboro a lot returns, but they need some new O-lineman (4 were seniors) and Hampton’s are gone as is Muster at DT/RG, Conrad at OLB.

Owensboro has G’way back at QB - who again is phenomenal and a speedster, all the WR group except Chadyn Morris - They return Dillard, Shemwell, Shemwell #2, Fountain, JB Bryant (really their top 5 WR’s because Morris was hurt a lot).  TE Ty Ashley back.  On Defense O loses 3 of 4 D-lineman but has Pullom coming back who has been great last 3 games.  Both Safeties are back and Shemwell at Corner is Back.  Kindle at OLB and D1 Ashley back at MLB.

Running back will probably be by committee - Green (who had about 50 yards against Pulaski, Kindle, Basham, Waddie, and Freshman UA All-American Walker who is good sized and very fast.  Skill positions off the chart speed everywhere.

Owensboro will be in the mix for another with G’way and great skill players and speedy defense.

Simon Kenton will be ready they return alot of good football players of they find a good DC.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.