Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rivalries

Featured Replies

What are your favorite rivalries, you know the games that you look forward too every year?

T vs. X
Highlands vs. CovCath
Tilghman vs. Mayfield

Bowling Green vs. South Warren 

This year was a stinker from a competitive standpoint, but it's consistently been the best rivalry of the last decade, or at least I think so.

Manual vs Male

Manual vs St. Xavier

St. Xavier vs Trinity

Male vs St. Xavier 

 

I like. 
Mayfield vs Tilghman

Mayfield vs Beechwood 

Mayfield vs LCA

Mayfield vs Murray usually not competitive, I just like beating them. 

  • Author

Though I am not as knowledgeable about the upper classes I was going to say that the Mayfield/ Beechwood game always drew my interest!

Always loved a Bellevue/Dayton game.  Not always the most talented teams, but always 100% effort when they hit the field.

Underrated Rivalry= Johnson Central vs. Ashland

They really don't like each other and the series has been very unpredictable at times.

  • Author

Raceland vs Russell was always a good game.

I wonder which rivalries are the most even as far as wins go. I know Mayfield and Paducah are pretty even for having played well over 100 times. Which others?

7 hours ago, 79ram said:

Raceland vs Russell was always a good game.

Change Russell to Paintsville and I'll agree with you.

The Raceland/Paintsville rivalry was on fire from 2015-2020. They met twice each year, with eight of the twelve meetings being decided by a touchdown or less.

Three of those years, the regular season loser won the playoff rematch.

They had tunnel vision for one another, making it one of the best rivalries in the state during those years.

  • Author

The Raceland/Paintsville rivalry was a hotly contested game. But Raceland back years ago used to have burn the devil pep rallies! It could get pretty intense at times. One year Raceland and Russell were playing and two spectators one from Russell and one Raceland got into a fight at the top of the bleachers and one of just about threw off from the top bleacher and after that the two schools decided to not play anymore. Then the game resumed after about thirty years or so lol.

I love the Somerset/Pulaski though it has not been played the last few years, Pulaski/Southwestern and Southwestern/Somerset.

Dayton and Bellevue is one of them too. Both may be far smaller than others listed and may not have the talent compared to other programs, but this was a big one. I don’t think it’s as heated as it used to be, it was definitely more heated and intense longer ago. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.