Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 17 Pikeville 10

Who wins? 59 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/29/2025 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This is the game that many in Class 1A have been waiting for.  These two teams have dominated the top of the class all season, and for several seasons prior to this year.  The Rams and the Panthers met up in the early regular season, and that game did not disappoint.  Raceland jumped out to a 27-0 score, then the lightning delay happened in the third quarter, when play resumed, things changed and Pikeville was able to score 35 unanswered points and won 35-27.  That game showed that both teams could score quick, fast, and in a hurry and could put a lot of points on a scoreboard.  

Over the years, the home team in this series has seemed to win most of the games.  This year could re-enforce that trend.  Pikeville won the regular season matchup - at Pikeville.  Now, these two teams will meet up at Raceland.  I have said for a long time, "it is very difficult to beat a good team twice in a football season" and I have clung to that belief since my Rams lost the regular season game to the Panthers.  Will that tendency hold true in 2025?  This fan hopes so.  

Who wins when it matters?  Raceland?  Pikeville?

  • Replies 152
  • Views 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Voice of Reason
    Voice of Reason

    I hate to say it because I want Raceland to get that title. The program has been so good for so many years it feels like they have earned a title. But, I have this thought I can't ignore that the Rams

  • @CLMR KOOL TV on YouTube handles Raceland home games. There's no live stream available yet, but I'll embed one when it's ready. That probably won't be until a half hour or so before kickoff.

  • Touchdown Raceland.  Waller scrambles before finding Jonah Arnett for from 32 yards away. 7-0 ?  6:44 1Q

Posted Images

  • Author

image.png.2454cb77a82600859e467a9e957fac89.png

  • Author

image.png.93bf8694fb3d07323017a6b1a4decfa6.png

  • Author

image.png.0ef2ed9b773c16bb91e878912675dd5c.png

All I can say is Raceland dominated this game early in the year, then a lightning delay and then Pikeville came out and put up 35 unanswered on Raceland. I expect if Raceland gets the lead and goes up by a couple scores they may try to score as many as they can and not let what happen the last time happen again. So the boot will stay on the throat.

Man this thread is quiet. Where are all Pikeville and Raceland people?

I feel this will be a totally different game with the lead going back and forth between the two. Should be a classic. I'm going with the Rams at home. 

Raceland 28-26.

I think that Raceland will advance in a close and hard fought game. Good luck to both teams.

The Rams are 2-1 at home during state semifinal games. Williamsburg beat them 34-8 in 2014.

  • Author
On 11/22/2025 at 7:22 PM, Bac2369 said:

Man this thread is quiet. Where are all Pikeville and Raceland people?

image.gif.7db2a048f9ac2d9d69246935032ed42c.gif

This will be an exciting game. Even though this game is at Raceland, I think Pikeville has the Rams' number in the postseason, with their last loss coming in 2017 on a FG at the horn. I expect a barn burner, with Pikeville coming away victorious 42-35. 

I believe Raceland is going to be going down memory lane on this one. With a little chip on their shoulders so Raceland wins this one.

Pikeville has Raceland number in the post season. I believe pikeville wins and goes on to win a state championship. It’s bred in them, they know how to win this time of year and they are battled tested. Give me Pikeville 28 Raceland 17

Pikeville has hit their stride per usual and have themselves primed for a another title run. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Raceland wins -- and I know the loss early this season will provide them a little extra motivation. However, until they prove to me they can take down Pikeville when it matters I'm picking the Panthers. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.