Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AvidSportsJunkie856

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AvidSportsJunkie856

  1. Congrats to the Jags on a good season! And congrats to both Maher and O'Hara on outstanding careers! Cooper just could not figure out the SC offensive attack. To be fair, not many teams can figure out their offense unless you just have dudes that are better than their dudes. Did I see this correctly that SC will go back to Woodford County next week?
  2. BG doing what they do! Kentucky in November there is only one guarantee: Bowling Green will be having a 5A Thanksgiving Day practice! Every year they make it to the semis at least. So consistent. Congrats tonight, BG!
  3. Thanks. I don't know why I thought they had a new coach. So, who does West get next week with the RPI?
  4. Man, not very often you say this regarding Male on this side of things - but this is a HUGE upset isn't it?
  5. Does West Jessamine have a new coach or am I making that up? ? New coach or not, congrats on the win!
  6. This is the kind of statement I mentioned earlier in the thread for O! You want to be considered the favorite come out and punch a tough nosed defense in the teeth! Congrats on making that statement tonight, Owensboro.
  7. I think Tennessee Tech is going to come in confident, and Kentucky can't come in lethargic. They have to set the tone early, and I think they will. Kentucky - 41 Tennessee Tech - 13
  8. I completely agree with this part if that is what happened. You definitely cannot personally go at your players - that isn't ok.
  9. Couldn't agree more with what you posted. I would like to add, as a former coach myself this is why you see coaches RUNNING away from the profession. They take time out of their lives, away from their own families, to try and build a program and build up young adults while making pennies on the dollar for it. The reward for that is a bunch of spoiled kids and parents that want to have a coach fired that they don't like. I don't want to say too much because I don't know the specifics and don't know anything about how that program has been run, but if this turns into nothing more than a witch hunt because some kids and parents got their feelings hurt then shame on them.
  10. Why am I not surprised? Entitled parents thinking their kid is the best thing since sliced bread. Maybe the 8th grader was a better player than the girl she started over. Maybe the head principal's daughter was better than the girl she played in front of. Good grief. I hope the superintendent looks at this and laughs. She "undressed" her team in the locker room? Go into any high school competitive sport locker room when a team plays bad. It is a part of life. As long as there were no personal insults, quit being soft and get better
  11. If Owensboro really is the best team in 5A this season, like many people think and claim, this is the kind of game where they HAVE to come out and prove it. I know it is the playoffs and you just have to "survive and advance", but this can be a statement game. Get a running clock in this one and send a message to the rest of 5A! Someone mentioned 42 - 14 and that sound about right to me! Good luck to both teams and hope everyone stays healthy!
  12. He no longer has two D1 WR to throw the ball out there to and another D2 WR behind both of them. Plus, the offense this year is not a spread, air attack as much as it was in the last two years due to personnel. He is under center a lot more and in pro formations. Personally, I don't think that is the best scheme for Cam but kudos to Coach Borchers and staff for seeing that it was the best scheme for the team. Also, kudos to Cam for being willing to take a step back and put a bigger emphasis on the run game this season. Should be a fun one in Friday night in Union! Good luck to both teams and hopefully they stay injury free.
  13. I think this is the best game of the week in the entire state, and I don't mean to slight some of the other big time games that we have this week. This is two of the best teams in 5A meeting in the second round. Very intrigued by the defenses of both teams and how they plan to slow down the opposing offenses. As weird as it sounds when you have a D1 QB, I think Scott County has to eliminate the Cooper run game if they want to have a chance. Cooper has to find a way to force a turnover or two for them to get the win. I don't know who will win, but the one thing I am fairly certain is that this game will come down to field position, turnovers, and probably whoever has the ball last.
  14. Congrats Bearcats and Coach Pence!!
  15. Male definitely isn't the typical Male we are used to seeing. With that being said, they are still significantly better than PRP and will running clock them.
  16. I think they should ask for a 3rd and 4th. If they get a second, that is a heck of a deal and they should jump on it just to dump the salary. I would be thrilled if they were able to get another 3rd and 4th. The problem is, they will draft two guys that won't work out just like a numerous amount of their recent picks. I was listening to 1530AM yesterday and they were talking about a LB that they Bengals passed on in the 2nd round to take Knight and that rookie has graded out as one of the top 5 defensive players in all of football this season. I wish I could remember his name. But, the scouting department is definitely struggling with their evaluations right now.
  17. Smart move with the weather coming in. Seems like it is going to be pretty gross Friday.
  18. Definitely agree. Conner has definitely struggled this year, and it shows with the numbers on their roster. They have been hit hard by the injury bug this year. I am pretty sure the last few games they have dressed about 30 kids, for a 5A program. That is not a good thing at all and makes it hard to compete at that level. If Conner can make this game interesting until half time, I think you have to consider that a win if you are a part of the Conner faithful.
  19. Ha ha. It is an exhibition game so I don't want to put too much stock into it - but losing like that to a team that was missing 2 key players (probably two starters) and their All-American only played 17 minutes is definitely not a good look when you are pre-season #1.
  20. Conner looks to finish the regular season with a little momentum winning a second game in a row before they travel south to take on Scott County next week. Henry Clay looks to pick up their second win of the season before traveling a little down the road to take on Frederick Douglas next week. I see this one as a Conner win by about 3 scores. I think Henry Clay has a good coach that will do some really good things at that school but it is going to take some time. Conner - 35 Henry Clay - 14 Best of luck to both teams as they both have a very daunting challenge the next week in the first round of the playoffs.
  21. Scott County has a good team this year. Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were able to beat Cooper in round 2. Now, I'm not saying that it is going to happen, but I definitely don't think Cooper is a lock to get to round 3 and behind! 5A playoffs will be fun to watch this season I know that!
  22. Am I seeing this correctly? You now have to pay for projections on hsratings? While I understand it, it totally stinks. ?
  23. I am sure Pulaski probably struggled a bit without their starting QB. Pair that with it being a huge rivalry game and you've got the recipe for a close game.
  24. Care to elaborate? Wild ending? Congrats to Campbell County on the district win!
  25. If I missed this earlier in the thread, I apologize. Does anyone have any insight into two different programs: 1.) Conner - If I remember correctly they were decently young last season weren't they? Do they have a chance to make some noise in the region? 2.) Cooper - did they lose any of their hoops players (other than Combs to Ohio) with Coach Sully getting a new gig? (other than his son, obviously)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.