Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DawgsFan100

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DawgsFan100

  1. I think this is just not possible at the HS level in Hardin Co except for Etown. I'm not sure how youth football works in other counties but I think for something like this to be successful you must have an amazing booster/alumni club, or you are a county school where the kids playing in that league are exclusively going to YOUR school. Other than that, I think it's hard. The youth city leagues are divided between JH, CH and NH and there are multiple different city leagues in Hardin Co.
  2. Panther Academy is a significant advantage for Etown. These kids in Etown district grow up learning Etowns offense and defense and scheme from a young age. These kids stay learn and grow together from a young age. You can’t tell me that’s not an advantage.
  3. Just to be clear I didn’t hear anything on Preston with this job. I have heard Matttingly was done for a week or 2 now and wants to retire. I think there will be some shakeup among coaches in Hardin Co. JH football has a bright future! Excited to see where it goes!
  4. Coach Clark is one of the most respected coaches in the state. Very interested to see who takes over this job. Lots of talent but losing TyTy will make it a little bit harder to get rolling week 1. Expect Bardstown to be very competitive next year with the right coach.
  5. I have heard a lot of noise around Thompson around the area as well, would have to expect he at least gets an interview. I agree with @JellyRollthough, it wouldn’t be the best hire for Etown. Etown has a very good support system with Panther Academy and being the only independent school in the county. With the FORD plant coming in, this is one of the best jobs available during this cycle. Also hearing rumblings about another job in Hardin County potentially coming open next couple of weeks…
  6. Dawgs open the season with a win. Not sure if there is a better guard in all of the 5th region than Destini McAllister. She ended the night with 31 points and 7th grader (!!!) Charlotte McCurry had 19 points.
  7. Really impressed with how Bardstown fought tonight. Coming back from over 4 scores down to having the ball with a chance to tie it up. Bardstown will definitely miss TyTy next year. Good luck to Franklin rest of way!
  8. 5 Pt - Boyle 4 pt - LCA 3 pt - Male 2 pt - Ryle 1 pt - Hart
  9. Just speaking as a follower I think Bardstown has to keep the ball on the ground and win time of possession to keep it close. Special teams are always big in games like these. If Bardstown can sustain some drives and keep Franklins offense off the field then they can keep it close. Franklin, I'm sure is a very very good ball team. Bardstown will have to play best game of the year to win. They have some unreal talent that I think carries weight in playoffs. For the record I have Franklin 32-28
  10. I should have corrected myself but I meant in the State finals game. Same point remains but I did misspeak.
  11. I will be in the minority here. Have said Bardstown would be a team that you do not want to see in playoffs for about the last month and they continue to get better. TyTy is one of the best in the state. Defense is returning A LOT of starters from the same team that won 3a last year..... Amonti Marshall getting better as QB. I think Bardstown keeps it close but losses in a close one. don't sleep on the Tigers. This game could very well be Franklin big but Bardstown has been here before.
  12. 5 point - Hart 4 point - Belfry 3 point - Ryle 2 point - FS 1 point - KCD
  13. Having watched both of these teams play I think Bardstown has the better athletes to win this game. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Bardstown won by 2 or more scores. Bardstown a sneaky really good team that could make some noise in RD 3 dependent on opponent.
  14. If #7 is indeed out for Logan this will be a great game. Their offense from what I have seen is spread but more closer to 50/50 run/pass ratio. It will be interesting to see where their offense turns if Yates is out. Having watched a couple of YouTube games their offense runs through Yates. Screens, motions, draws, he is even their backup QB and played a series there vs Russellville. Will be interesting to see what their offense looks like if he is not in. If he is, I think Logan wins by 14. IF he is out give me JH 24-23. Should be a great HS game tonight in front of hopefully a good crowd.
  15. 5 point - Woodford 4 point - Simon Kenton 3 point - Bishop Brossart 2 point - Greenwood 1 point - Ballard
  16. I’m sure NH will have some revenge on their mind round 2 against the team that reported them as ineligible. It’s going to be very interesting if those teams matchup again
  17. I was there. JH looked flat and took on a big deficit early. Desales just had the better athletes. I don’t think Logan is as athletic as Desales which is where I think JH gains an edge. Logan will likely be more physical though and that’ll be a tough test for a young team
  18. Would love to hear someone that has watched Logan to chip in. Haven’t heard/seen them much. Just know their best player got injured vs South Warren
  19. I know I’m high on Bardstown but I wouldn’t be shocked to see ACS vs Bardstown be a good game. From what I have seen ACS has a solid run defense and Bardstown will have to out athlete them. A bit biased but also think Logan vs JH will be a good game. All depends on if #7 will play
  20. The playoffs are here and I think this will be a good 4a round 1 matchup. Initially I think Logan County has the better team and is more experienced than John Hardin. Then #7 Devin Yates for Logan County (arguably their best player) went down vs South Warren last week and I’m not sure of his status. I think this will be a very good game but a tall task for my Dawgs either way. JH must be able to run the ball and hit some chunk plays to have a chance to win this game. Who wins and why?
  21. John Hardin at Logan Warren East at Nelson ACS at Bardstown I think there will be an upset in at least 1 of these 4A games. Maybe 2.
  22. Surprised I did not already see a thread on this game. #9 in 4a Logan County is on the road to face a loaded #3 in 5a South Warren team. Can Logan County keep this one close?
  23. I think Desales and JH are very similar. 2 programs working toward bringing back championship level football. JH is very young. Almost all of the contributors on offense and defense are sophomores and freshman. They are loaded in those classes. JH has not been as good vs pass as they have vs run but they held KCD to 77 yards passing and Green Co to 100. Offense has been JHs downfall for most of the season but they have made some changes to personnel and scheme and was much better last week against a good Nelson team. I expect this one to be close but Desales is at home so I give them the edge.
  24. Desales is 7-2 BUT the SOS for the Colts is awful…. I saw them vs KCD and was impressed with the athletes. The run defense is average and JH has made some personnel changes along the offensive line that looked a lot more improved vs Nelson…. As well as figuring out how to throw the football. I really think they are starting to turn a corner and will be a tough out in playoffs. I think Desales will likely win this game but on paper it’s much closer than most people think. I got Desales winning 27-21

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.