John Hardin at DeSales Predictions/Updates

John Hardin at DeSales  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this battle of class 4A schools?

• DeSales
    • John Hardin

John Hardin faces a tough task in the Desales Colts. DeSales QB Peyton Molter has thrown for 1565 yards to leading receivers DaVon Martin, Brioderick Price, and Brandon Williams. RBs Marshall Miller and Brandon Williams lead the team on the ground. Desales is a pass heavy team that has thrown for 1800 yards on the season. With John Hardin's trouble defending in the defensive secondary, this could be a long night. 

Prediction: DeSales 35 John Hardin 14

Desales is 7-2 BUT the SOS for the Colts is awful…. I saw them vs KCD and was impressed with the athletes. The run defense is average and JH has made some personnel changes along the offensive line that looked a lot more improved vs Nelson…. As well as figuring out how to throw the football. I really think they are starting to turn a corner and will be a tough out in playoffs. I think Desales will likely win this game but on paper it’s much closer than most people think. I got Desales winning 27-21

One common opponent in KCD. Comparing scores gets you in trouble every time though! DeSales does pass a lot, so drops and penalties will decide if they pull out a victory. I like their chances though. Been a tough couple years! Any time your program go`s from 100 kids to 50 and a coaching change it`s a killer. Good bounce back year and the needle pointing upwards!

19 minutes ago, grassman said:

One common opponent in KCD. Comparing scores gets you in trouble every time though! DeSales does pass a lot, so drops and penalties will decide if they pull out a victory. I like their chances though. Been a tough couple years! Any time your program go`s from 100 kids to 50 and a coaching change it`s a killer. Good bounce back year and the needle pointing upwards!

I think Desales and JH are very similar. 2 programs working toward bringing back championship level football. JH is very young. Almost all of the contributors on offense and defense are sophomores and freshman. They are loaded in those classes. JH has not been as good vs pass as they have vs run but they held KCD to 77 yards passing and Green Co to 100. Offense has been JHs downfall for most of the season but they have made some changes to personnel and scheme and was much better last week against a good Nelson team. I expect this one to be close but Desales is at home so I give them the edge.