Open Job: Elizabethtown

JellyRoll

Per the district's employment page the Football Head Coaching Job is now open. This is expected as the hiring of Alfredo Silva in June was on an Interim basis. I would expect a decent crop of applicants including Coach Silva. Etown is coming off a 4-8 season with a 1st round playoff win over a 3 win Garrard Co. Things won't be easy for whoever takes this job as the talent level at Etown drops way off for the next couple of years. 

They will be replacing most, if not all of their playmakers. QB Hainer, 5th yr Sr RB/WR/DE Trey Durbin, RB/DB Braydon Dean, TE/DE Alex Evans, RB/DB Tyrin Jurnett, OL/DL/LB Carter Moberly are all gone along with a few other linemen. 

That combined with the fact that they will only have 3 home games next season certainly isn't a formula for success.

One bright spot is the return of Jquan Williams who is a dynamic playmaker but has had his Soph and JR seasons cut short due to injuries.

Etown could be looking at a 1-9 or 0-10 season the next couple of years. Their middle school program is on the rise again and had a strong season winning their conference championship and only having 1 loss on the season. But as we all know it will take at least a couple of years for those kids to have an impact at the varsity level.

It will interesting to see who all applies and ultimately who is the next HC of the Elizabethtown Panthers.

• Thanks 2

Talent may drop some but they are never too low on talent at E-town. Their new superintendent is an athletics guy (as well as an E-town alum and former coach) and he will do all he can to make sure they have success. The new Ford battery plant probably means school growth which in turn will likely draw some good applicants. It might be tough for a bit but this should draw quite a bit of interest.

20 hours ago, Stepchild68 said:

I have heard that there is a Trojan up 31W is eyeing this job.... would the Etown faithful welcome this alum home?

He will definitely apply. I’ll go on record as saying I wouldn’t be a fan of this hire. If I’m being honest, he’s just not a good coach.

He has had more D1 talent than any school in the area and more than most schools in the state and has failed for the most part to be successful. Terrible at Xs and Os and team discipline is a problem.

He won’t have that kind of talent at Etown so you better be able to build and coach. 

Add that to the fact that his team had to forfeit wins and a district championship this season due to playing an ineligible player is more than enough for me to say NO.

• Like 2

On 11/29/2023 at 5:48 PM, JellyRoll said:

He will definitely apply. I’ll go on record as saying I wouldn’t be a fan of this hire. If I’m being honest, he’s just not a good coach.

He has had more D1 talent than any school in the area and more than most schools in the state and has failed for the most part to be successful. Terrible at Xs and Os and team discipline is a problem.

He won’t have that kind of talent at Etown so you better be able to build and coach. 

Add that to the fact that his team had to forfeit wins and a district championship this season due to playing an ineligible player is more than enough for me to say NO.

💯 

• Like 1

This will be an interesting hire.  Have heard some rumors and didn't believe it.

So I'm interested to see who they hire in Etown.  I think it's a good job for the future.

Etown will continue to grow.

Do those in the know expect this to be decided soon or in the 1st quarter of next year? 

Didn't know if there was a 30 day open window process, and interviews, etc. they will definitely do.

1 hour ago, Purple88 said:

This will be an interesting hire.  Have heard some rumors and didn't believe it.

So I'm interested to see who they hire in Etown.  I think it's a good job for the future.

Etown will continue to grow.

Do those in the know expect this to be decided soon or in the 1st quarter of next year? 

Didn't know if there was a 30 day open window process, and interviews, etc. they will definitely do.

You probably heard the same rumor I did about a coach in your area. I don't believe it either. I believe the article posted in the local paper said they wanted to try and have the new coach in place before spring practice begins.

• Like 1

I have heard a lot of noise around Thompson around the area as well, would have to expect he at least gets an interview. I agree with @JellyRollthough, it wouldn’t be the best hire for Etown. Etown has a very good support system with Panther Academy and being the only independent school in the county. With the FORD plant coming in, this is one of the best jobs available during this cycle. Also hearing rumblings about another job in Hardin County potentially coming open next couple of weeks… 

6 hours ago, DawgsFan100 said:

I have heard a lot of noise around Thompson around the area as well, would have to expect he at least gets an interview. I agree with @JellyRollthough, it wouldn’t be the best hire for Etown. Etown has a very good support system with Panther Academy and being the only independent school in the county. With the FORD plant coming in, this is one of the best jobs available during this cycle. Also hearing rumblings about another job in Hardin County potentially coming open next couple of weeks… 

I’m assuming by your name you are a JH supporter…I’ve been told your HC is one of the applicants as well. 

I expect the CH job will be coming open. Pretty sure this was Mattinglys last season.

On 12/4/2023 at 5:10 PM, UKBaseball85 said:

Very big job opening. Would rank it one of the best jobs historically speaking that I have seen open this cycle. I’ve heard 3 names already over the last 2 weeks. Big hire coming up for this program. ETown is always in the mix!

The 4 names I expected to apply have or are applying. Then there are a few others that are interested that may be unexpected. 

1 hour ago, JellyRoll said:

The 4 names I expected to apply have or are applying. Then there are a few others that are interested that may be unexpected. 

2 hours ago, JellyRoll said:

I’m assuming by your name you are a JH supporter…I’ve been told your HC is one of the applicants as well. 

I expect the CH job will be coming open. Pretty sure this was Mattinglys last season.

Whoever told you that I have applied is absolutely lying to you. I have not applied for this position or any. Just wanted to clear that up. Happy Holidays.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, JellyRoll said:

Just to be clear I didn’t hear anything on Preston with this job. I have heard Matttingly was done for a week or 2 now and wants to retire. I think there will be some shakeup among coaches in Hardin Co. JH football has a bright future! Excited to see where it goes! 

Bump......  Well let's go ahead and do it..... Would Josh Jaggers be a possibility here???  It seems every year he was rumored for about 10 openings that came up so let's just go ahead and throw it out there. I know that with the new superintendent eTown and some other central office personnel Josh Jagger's is extremely tight. Will that lead to him being interested in this job? Will that lead to eTown reaching out to him? I have heard through the grapevine there are some issues at Lincoln county at the district level. I will say again this is speculation and hearsay which is what this whole form is about anyway lol

• Like 2