Open Job: Elizabethtown

JellyRoll

On 12/12/2023 at 6:08 PM, JellyRoll said:

The Ironmen are Allstar teams formed out of the EAYF mentioned above. They only play tournaments at the end of the season.

The Etown Panther football teams are the ones that play in the MKYFC. 

Radcliff does have a couple teams that play. They seem to bounce around to different leagues. Seems to be lots of infighting every yr amongst those teams which leads to new teams being formed etc. Same reason the North Hardin league ended up dissolving 

all that infighting and parental issues seems to spill over the the NH team as well.... talk about the need for a culture overhaul!  it was that way and has been for years well back into the NHYFL.  When I was a NH you had kids still clinging to their NHYFL team and loyal to those teams!

• Like 1

On 12/9/2023 at 11:56 PM, JellyRoll said:

Principal and AD but I’m going to venture a guess that the new SI will have some input. He’s a sports guy and I’m sure he wants to make sure they get this right.

Any idea when Etown will fill the position?

9 minutes ago, UKBaseball85 said:

If a school has posted a position since November but is going to leave it posted until February, they’re not serious about the hire. Seems like precious time! 

They could also just have the mindset to wait to see what shakes out after the first of the year. I can imagine we have not seen the finish line when it comes to open positions in the state. I still think this has to be a homerun hire with this difficult district and the construction taking place on 65S.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

They could also just have the mindset to wait to see what shakes out after the first of the year. I can imagine we have not seen the finish line when it comes to open positions in the state. I still think this has to be a homerun hire with this difficult district and the construction taking place on 65S.

Correct.  The job hasn't been posted 30 days yet. Everyone is just anxious to see who lands where. Myself included.

On 12/19/2023 at 11:19 AM, Hard Work said:

What is the average turnover rate, 35-40 a year? I’d say for Kentucky, we’re well over halfway of positions coming open. Unless there is a major surprise, I don’t see any being as attractive as this one. I do think they need to make the right hire or they’ll begin to see athletes moving around. It was made clear in the summer that the interim coach was just that, and the job would open at the conclusion of the year. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, UKBaseball85 said:

Bump. Any news in ETown?

IMO they either haven't had an application that jumps off the page at them or they have and are working out all the details.  Some schools take longer than others in making decisions.... right or wrong!!