Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Elizabethtown

Featured Replies

On 12/12/2023 at 6:08 PM, JellyRoll said:

The Ironmen are Allstar teams formed out of the EAYF mentioned above. They only play tournaments at the end of the season.

The Etown Panther football teams are the ones that play in the MKYFC. 
 

Radcliff does have a couple teams that play. They seem to bounce around to different leagues. Seems to be lots of infighting every yr amongst those teams which leads to new teams being formed etc. Same reason the North Hardin league ended up dissolving 

all that infighting and parental issues seems to spill over the the NH team as well.... talk about the need for a culture overhaul!  it was that way and has been for years well back into the NHYFL.  When I was a NH you had kids still clinging to their NHYFL team and loyal to those teams!

  • Replies 79
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Coach Preston
    Coach Preston

    Whoever told you that I have applied is absolutely lying to you. I have not applied for this position or any. Just wanted to clear that up. Happy Holidays.

  • MrKnowNothing
    MrKnowNothing

    Interviews will begin next week.  

  • Talked to a coach today that will interview for the job. He is excellent. If he is the hire, they are going to be in great hands, and for a significant length of time. 

Bump. Would say this is currently the most sought after job? 

On 12/9/2023 at 11:56 PM, JellyRoll said:

Principal and AD but I’m going to venture a guess that the new SI will have some input. He’s a sports guy and I’m sure he wants to make sure they get this right.

Any idea when Etown will fill the position?

  • Author
12 hours ago, LC-Flyboy said:

Any idea when Etown will fill the position?

Last I heard they are keeping the position posted until February.

32 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

Last I heard they are keeping the position posted until February.

Must not have had anyone they like apply. Puts the new hire behind 2-3 months. 

If a school has posted a position since November but is going to leave it posted until February, they’re not serious about the hire. Seems like precious time! 

9 minutes ago, UKBaseball85 said:

If a school has posted a position since November but is going to leave it posted until February, they’re not serious about the hire. Seems like precious time! 

They could also just have the mindset to wait to see what shakes out after the first of the year. I can imagine we have not seen the finish line when it comes to open positions in the state. I still think this has to be a homerun hire with this difficult district and the construction taking place on 65S.

2 hours ago, DearToday said:

Must not have had anyone they like apply. Puts the new hire behind 2-3 months. 

Yes it does.  Especially if no other applications come in. 

47 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

They could also just have the mindset to wait to see what shakes out after the first of the year. I can imagine we have not seen the finish line when it comes to open positions in the state. I still think this has to be a homerun hire with this difficult district and the construction taking place on 65S.

Correct.  The job hasn't been posted 30 days yet. Everyone is just anxious to see who lands where. Myself included.

On 12/19/2023 at 11:19 AM, Hard Work said:

They could also just have the mindset to wait to see what shakes out after the first of the year. I can imagine we have not seen the finish line when it comes to open positions in the state. I still think this has to be a homerun hire with this difficult district and the construction taking place on 65S.

What is the average turnover rate, 35-40 a year? I’d say for Kentucky, we’re well over halfway of positions coming open. Unless there is a major surprise, I don’t see any being as attractive as this one. I do think they need to make the right hire or they’ll begin to see athletes moving around. It was made clear in the summer that the interim coach was just that, and the job would open at the conclusion of the year. 

Does anyone know who's the top candidate/applicants for this job are? I saw Morton mentioned in a different thread that he may be interested?

Bump... has anyone heard who the leading candidates for this job are? All I'm hearing out of Etown is crickets! 

Everything is being kept quiet.  ?

3 hours ago, UKBaseball85 said:

Bump. Any news in ETown?

IMO they either haven't had an application that jumps off the page at them or they have and are working out all the details.  Some schools take longer than others in making decisions.... right or wrong!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.