Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Elizabethtown

Featured Replies

My peeps in the ETown area tell me this will 100% be a hire from within. Time will tell. 

  • Replies 79
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Coach Preston
    Coach Preston

    Whoever told you that I have applied is absolutely lying to you. I have not applied for this position or any. Just wanted to clear that up. Happy Holidays.

  • MrKnowNothing
    MrKnowNothing

    Interviews will begin next week.  

  • Talked to a coach today that will interview for the job. He is excellent. If he is the hire, they are going to be in great hands, and for a significant length of time. 

4 hours ago, Stepchild68 said:

Bump......  Well let's go ahead and do it..... Would Josh Jaggers be a possibility here???  It seems every year he was rumored for about 10 openings that came up so let's just go ahead and throw it out there. I know that with the new superintendent eTown and some other central office personnel Josh Jagger's is extremely tight. Will that lead to him being interested in this job? Will that lead to eTown reaching out to him? I have heard through the grapevine there are some issues at Lincoln county at the district level. I will say again this is speculation and hearsay which is what this whole form is about anyway lol

10? Lol that number seems pretty high. His name does get tossed around sometimes, but I can't remember him being mentioned for anything since he went to Lincoln a couple of years back. But that seems like a good problem for him to have, having connections in multiple places around the state and continually being mentioned as a good hire.

Who will make this decision?

  • Author
13 hours ago, 111 said:

My peeps in the ETown area tell me this will 100% be a hire from within. Time will tell. 

I don’t know who your Etown people are but I’m going to say they are 100% wrong. There’s no one to hire from within! 

  • Author
10 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

10? Lol that number seems pretty high. His name does get tossed around sometimes, but I can't remember him being mentioned for anything since he went to Lincoln a couple of years back. But that seems like a good problem for him to have, having connections in multiple places around the state and continually being mentioned as a good hire.

He has applied

  • Author
3 hours ago, Purple88 said:

Who will make this decision?

Principal and AD but I’m going to venture a guess that the new SI will have some input. He’s a sports guy and I’m sure he wants to make sure they get this right.

On 12/5/2023 at 11:41 AM, DawgsFan100 said:

I have heard a lot of noise around Thompson around the area as well, would have to expect he at least gets an interview. I agree with @JellyRollthough, it wouldn’t be the best hire for Etown. Etown has a very good support system with Panther Academy and being the only independent school in the county. With the FORD plant coming in, this is one of the best jobs available during this cycle. Also hearing rumblings about another job in Hardin County potentially coming open next couple of weeks… 

I don't know of any advantage an independent school has over a county wide school. Both are public schools following the same KHSAA rules. 

9 hours ago, JellyRoll said:

I don’t know who your Etown people are but I’m going to say they are 100% wrong. There’s no one to hire from within! 

My bad. My “peeps” were actually talking about Bardstown. 

5 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't know of any advantage an independent school has over a county wide school. Both are public schools following the same KHSAA rules. 

Panther Academy is a significant advantage for Etown. These kids in Etown district grow up learning Etowns offense and defense and scheme from a young age. These kids stay learn and grow together from a young age. You can’t tell me that’s not an advantage. 

7 minutes ago, DawgsFan100 said:

Panther Academy is a significant advantage for Etown. These kids in Etown district grow up learning Etowns offense and defense and scheme from a young age. These kids stay learn and grow together from a young age. You can’t tell me that’s not an advantage. 

That has nothing to do with an independent district public school versus a county public school.

  • Author
44 minutes ago, DawgsFan100 said:

Panther Academy is a significant advantage for Etown. These kids in Etown district grow up learning Etowns offense and defense and scheme from a young age. These kids stay learn and grow together from a young age. You can’t tell me that’s not an advantage. 

3 yrs ago Etown Panther youth football started. They currently have 3rd/4th grade and 5th/6th grade teams. I think they may start a 1st/2nd grade team next season. They play in a league where the kids have to go to that school system.

The fact that all those kids will play together from a very young age and that feeds into 1 MS and then 1 HS should pay dividends for the Panthers in the coming yrs.

44 minutes ago, JellyRoll said:

3 yrs ago Etown Panther youth football started. They currently have 3rd/4th grade and 5th/6th grade teams. I think they may start a 1st/2nd grade team next season. They play in a league where the kids have to go to that school system.

The fact that all those kids will play together from a very young age and that feeds into 1 MS and then 1 HS should pay dividends for the Panthers in the coming yrs.

For a program that has been to the big game this seems like a late development for a feeder system. @JellyRoll do you know what took so long to get this going? I know they have a really nice park for youth soccer and there are some football fields there as well. Is football just behind the curve? It would seem to me that every school district not just in Elizabethtown and Hardin County would want this along with everyone in the state. 

  • Author
51 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

For a program that has been to the big game this seems like a late development for a feeder system. @JellyRoll do you know what took so long to get this going? I know they have a really nice park for youth soccer and there are some football fields there as well. Is football just behind the curve? It would seem to me that every school district not just in Elizabethtown and Hardin County would want this along with everyone in the state. 

There has been a youth football program in the area that has kids from Etown and most of Hardin county. It has existed for 60+ yrs. 
So kids have been playing youth football.

The Panther program was developed 3-4 yrs ago in an effort to get all the kids who are attending Etown Independent Schools playing together at an earlier age leading into MS and HS. 
 

Then HC Ross Brown wanted all levels to be running the same offense etc. of course he left before last season. The HS offense went in a completely different direction but I think the youth teams and MS were still running mostly wing t.

If I was one of the people conducting interviews for the new HC, one of my first question would be how involved they and their staff would be with the youth and MS programs.

 

20 hours ago, JellyRoll said:

He has applied

I always hate when current HC hire for other positions and it gets out, I'm sure it's a tough spot for everyone involved,especially if they don't get it.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.